Options

Overload Generation to release 'No No No' single in April

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sure by April everyone will still remember the group that didn't even get to Judges Houses, had to be bootstrapped into the live shows and then were eliminated week 1. Not only that, but being known as a boyband (who tend to have a strong fanbase) who lost the public vote to a girl (who tend to have a strong hatebase) on week 1.

There have been so many groups trying to piggyback off of One Direction's success, but there has been none so completely transparent about it as Overload Generation. They are the poor man's 1D tribute act, and it's pathetic. I'm so glad their hysterical and superficial fanbase couldn't save them, and honestly, I hope they disappear into obscurity.

Yes, I felt like a rant because the boyband epidemic is becoming more of a problem than ebola.

Source

Comments

• Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless the rules have changed they won't be able to release the single. As far as I am aware, once an act has reached the lives, then they are not allowed to release any material until after the Shows & Live Tour have been finished with.

But can understand where you are coming from with the rant, there needs to be an epidemic that wipes boybands off the planet. You got plenty of musicians trying to make a name for themselves, should it be playing gigs in pubs in a band or busking on the streets, yet they don't hardly get a look in as they don't get made to look pretty for brainless teenage girls. When Joe one X Factor a few years ago, I was one that proudly supported the RATM campaign, not only because it is my suited genre, but also because I have far more respect playing gigs for years on end, making their fingers bleed on a guitar to earn their money.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless the rules have changed they won't be able to release the single. As far as I am aware, once an act has reached the lives, then they are not allowed to release any material until after the Shows & Live Tour have been finished with.

But can understand where you are coming from with the rant, there needs to be an epidemic that wipes boybands off the planet. You got plenty of musicians trying to make a name for themselves, should it be playing gigs in pubs in a band or busking on the streets, yet they don't hardly get a look in as they don't get made to look pretty for brainless teenage girls. When Joe one X Factor a few years ago, I was one that proudly supported the RATM campaign, not only because it is my suited genre, but also because I have far more respect playing gigs for years on end, making their fingers bleed on a guitar to earn their money.
    The music industry's biggest stars are predominantly about talent... nothing should hold anyone back from their dreams. I see where you are coming from, but please do not jump on that bandwagon. Some boybands of the past have actually been talented.... Many of these buskers I see infact ALL of them sound the same... and there is a reason why they have not made it yet. I firmly believe if you have the talent, there is a place for you... many artists who do not make it for whatever reason who have worked hard who have written their own songs and learnt to accompany music with an instrument become bitter. I have seen/ heard the same old story oh too many times... don't boyband bash like this please...bitterness and hate destroys creativity... and creativity is the foundation of unforgettable music.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yes I heard them announce this on This Morning yesterday, I wonder how they have managed that. But good on them its a tough old world out there and the song was catchy!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The songs actually quite catchy though..
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is like Simone Battle's deal in the US version; she released her song shortly after being sent home
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    The rules have changed this year. Overload Generation had a management deal and previously acts with any sort of current deals including management deals were not allowed to audition. Max from the Wanted was in a band in Series 3 I believe and the band was disqualified for having a management deal.

I am guessing the reason why acts with current deals were previously excluded is that no management company with half an ounce of sense will allow their act to sign a contract that states no matter where you place in the competition as long you make it to the live shows, you cannot release any music without Cowell's permission. To cut a long story short, I think Overlaod's management company had it written into their contract that they would be allow to release music sooner than previously allowed. As the date is April, I am wondering if they negotiated a 6 month window rathen than a year. It would explain Simon's disgust for them.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They aren't very good vocally but the song was really good for that teen-boyband space. Incredibly catchy and fun. Great writing from whoever did it.

PS: and yes, there are obviously a lot of management deals going on behind the scenes with this years contestants and a lot of decisions might be based on that. Overload were very very obviously heavily manufactured for this X Factor appearance.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll be lucky if people remember them by Christmas never mind April
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    They'll be lucky if people remember them by Christmas never mind April

I'm not sure. You would not remember a band that went out meekly in week 3 or 4 but you might remember a band that were called back in controversially and then went out week 1 with Simon's insults ringing in their ears. If there is a deal with their management for an earlier music release there might also have been a deal to give them a bit of free publicity!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    That's nice.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    The rules have changed this year. Overload Generation had a management deal and previously acts with any sort of current deals including management deals were not allowed to audition. Max from the Wanted was in a band in Series 3 I believe and the band was disqualified for having a management deal.

I am guessing the reason why acts with current deals were previously excluded is that no management company with half an ounce of sense will allow their act to sign a contract that states no matter where you place in the competition as long you make it to the live shows, you cannot release any music without Cowell's permission. To cut a long story short, I think Overlaod's management company had it written into their contract that they would be allow to release music sooner than previously allowed. As the date is April, I am wondering if they negotiated a 6 month window rathen than a year. It would explain Simon's disgust for them.

Ahhh now that makes sense, thanks for sharing