Another Z lister loses weight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252957/Claire-Sweeney-drops-dress-sizes-loses-stone-seven-week-fitness-drive.html

Does a day go by with the DM telling us the tale of a z lister who has lost weight, complete with frumpy before and airbrushed after photos?

And, is it just me, or has Clare Sweeney gone from a 14 to a 10 at least 47 times before?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Claire Sweeney's CV it probably says she is an actress, entertainer and professional yo-yo dieter. A bit like Coleen Nolan. Apparently we love people who find it hard to keep the weight off because we can identify with them and it makes them 'real', like us. Just a bit richer, that's all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks better for it though if that's not airbrushed :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252957/Claire-Sweeney-drops-dress-sizes-loses-stone-seven-week-fitness-drive.html

Does a day go by with the DM telling us the tale of a z lister who has lost weight, complete with frumpy before and airbrushed after photos?

And, is it just me, or has Clare Sweeney gone from a 14 to a 10 at least 47 times before?

It's certainly got you talking hasn't it? Why does this bother you so much...
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a nice figure now...but she has such a sneery face. Naturally sneery, I mean.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly got you talking hasn't it? Why does this bother you so much...

Doesn't bother me at all but this is a showbiz discussion forum and the clues are in the name
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ceza wrote: »

Possibly something to do with the fact that in the first photograph she is wearing a bikini top that fits so poorly her breasts flop down, and in the second one she has one that fits and supports them.

In the first photograph her hair is drab, and in the second one it is glamorously styled.

In the first photograph she looks rather glum and embarrassed, and her harsh make up seems to involve an entire pot of blusher. In the second photograph she is beaming her head off and beautifully made up.

In the first photograph she is in bare feet. In the second photograph her legs have been elongated with very high stilettos.

In the first photograph she has various blemishes. In the second photograph they have all been airbrushed out.

If you reversed all these tricks of the trade, you would find that she looked oddly better in the first photograph and oddly worse in the second one.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she isnt that young now so it is harder to lose weight but shes never had kids so if you have the willpower good for her ive always thought she looked alright as she is though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you're right, it must be at least 47 times she's done this :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter what her weight is, she's always going to have that unfortunate face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly gone off the idea of sausages for tea!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who swears by the Vanessa Feltz sizing method. No way would losing a stone take you down 2 dress sizes or would someone who is 10 stone be a size 10
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly gone off the idea of sausages for tea!:D

Sorry I had to laugh at that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    She looked fine before but yeah, I am sick of reading about weight, calories etc.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    Another one who swears by the Vanessa Feltz sizing method. No way would losing a stone take you down 2 dress sizes or would someone who is 10 stone be a size 10

Surely that depends on your height? Everyone carries weight differently - my sister was a size 10 at 10 stone, and now she's down to 9 stone she's an 8-10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I once lost 2 stone (before my wedding) and I was a size 12 before and after! I think it's because of my hips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Surely that depends on your height? Everyone carries weight differently - my sister was a size 10 at 10 stone, and now she's down to 9 stone she's an 8-10.

I'm an inch shorter and half a stone lighter than her and I couldn't get in a 10 if my life depended on it. In fact, I used to weight less than 8 stone and still struggled to get into a size 10.

She really doesn't look like a size 10 in the picture either, more like a 12
  • NicoNico Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks a lot more healthier now, hopefully she can maintain this weight, at least she doesn't look all shrivelled up like hannah waterman
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an inch shorter and half a stone lighter than her and I couldn't get in a 10 if my life depended on it. In fact, I used to weight less than 8 stone and still struggled to get into a size 10.

She really doesn't look like a size 10 in the picture either, more like a 12

Again, everyone's different. Depends where you carry most of your weight. And where you shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nico wrote: »
    she looks a lot more healthier now, hopefully she can maintain this weight, at least she doesn't look all shrivelled up like hannah waterman

I agree. She hasn't made the usual zeleb mistake of going much too far and looking 10 years older. She's a normal size and should be able to maintain the weight loss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1986 wrote: »
    I once lost 2 stone (before my wedding) and I was a size 12 before and after! I think it's because of my hips.

Me too. I was like a walking skeleton and I was still the same dress size :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Loved her on 60 minute makeover
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member

This is the Daily Mail's speciality, and it is duller than 10 day old dishwater.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ceza wrote: »

Of course it's airbrushed.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

Absolutely. It may even be 48.

Maybe she's been overdoing it on the Park Hampers? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's airbrushed.

and....

a spray tan
    a more flattering shaped bikini bottom
    a more flattering and supported bikini top
    high heels
    a more flattering pose
    a hair do
    a smile
    better make up.

I could drop 2 dress sizes overnight if I had a bunch of stylists and a mac monkey to sort me out.

Claire Sweeney = FAIL