Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Series 3 starts tonight at 8:30pm

Doesn't seem to be an Extra Storage edition this time round.

No. I checked the schedules and didn't find an Extra Storage edition, not for this coming week anyway.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I felt like I should have recognised Roisin but I don't recognise her name - is she a singer or an actor?. I noticed Richard made a pun by accident that people didn't seem to pick up on, when
    complaining about people pointing out that he's tall, he said 'by and large' - yes, very large boom boom! :D (Ok I suppose he's more tall than large if you think that just means being fat but you know what I mean...

Richard's very funny guy, but needs to learn a bit of comedy timing, then again they were stepping over each others jokes.

Still, I'm no lover of the 'new' format, no room to 'breathe'
  • zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard's very funny guy, but needs to learn a bit of comedy timing, then again they were stepping over each others jokes.

Still, I'm no lover of the 'new' format, no room to 'breathe'

I quite like the new format but didn't watch this particular episode because both Richard Osman and Joan Bakewell were on it. (Can't stand either of them.) Richard Osman thinks he is funny when he is not. He's not too bad on Pointless- though even there he is trying to get a higher profile with his unfunny banter with Alexander.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He might not be a comedian but I find him quite witty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see this the other night when Michael Ball put in the people who give him cuddly toys:o:D
    I could see his point about it being odd to give Teddies to a grown man but it must've been like a knife through the heart of all women who have followed him over the years!
    Surely he could just pass them on to a Children's ward?
    Forum Member
    He might not be a comedian but I find him quite witty.

I think Richard's good value on panel shows, I can't be dealing with quizzes, can't suffer any of them these days.
    Especially with this 'show your working out' business that seems to be all the rage.

I'd forgotten Room 101 was on this week, good thing someone bumped the thread, downloading it now.
    Forum Member
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Did anyone see this the other night when Michael Ball put in the people who give him cuddly toys:o:D
    I could see his point about it being odd to give Teddies to a grown man but it must've been like a knife through the heart of all women who have followed him over the years!
    Surely he could just pass them on to a Children's ward?
    You have to remember that they need to have a choice that is interesting and entertaining.

Like the time when Chris Packham nominated childrens drawings :D
    You'd never guess it was the same bloke you had grown up with on childrens tv then wildlife shows with how he came across on the show but it was good to see him playing up to the concept of the show.
    Forum Member
    I think Richard's good value on panel shows, I can't be dealing with quizzes, can't suffer any of them these days.
    Especially with this 'show your working out' business that seems to be all the rage.

I'd forgotten Room 101 was on this week, good thing someone bumped the thread, downloading it now.
    Henning Wehn's anti-British rant was probably the funniest bit ever on this new version of Room 101.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Henning was best by a street. Very funny. Caroline was alright and, although he's probably a nice bloke, Michael came across to me as rather fakely amused when he was grinning and clapping other people's input and was pretty obvious throughout.

Had no idea the series was back until yesterday, so will seek out episode 1. Assume it's still on i player...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to remember that they need to have a choice that is interesting and entertaining.

Like the time when Chris Packham nominated childrens drawings :D
    You'd never guess it was the same bloke you had grown up with on childrens tv then wildlife shows with how he came across on the show but it was good to see him playing up to the concept of the show.

I missed that one!:D - I can sympathise with him on that one though; it's hard enough finding room for your own kids' drawings when they're small and bringing home a different one every day from school, let alone getting hundreds sent to you from strangers!
    Have to say, I really like Henning - he's always a good guest; very funny, imo...I don't think Michael Ball knew quite how to take him.
    Caroline was Ok, if a little bit "shouty"
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it a bit ironic when frank skinner was dismissing psychics and talking to spirits . After all he's a Catholic :D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I just realised they dont give the 'winner' a free choice any more!
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henning was very funny. Wasn't afraid to be be a bit controversial! Caroline Q, sure she is a lovely woman, but I don't understand her success. She is not a great actress and tends to be a bit shrill. Sometimes only dogs can hear her.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henning Wehn's anti-British rant was probably the funniest bit ever on this new version of Room 101.

Completely agree. I thought he was hilarious. It was a good group this week, they worked well, though I do agree with Yvie123, CQ was a bit shouty.

Off topic. Degsyhufc, I have also just complimented you on the 'Uncle' thread. Don't worry, I'm not stalking - we just seem to like the same humour :)
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »
    Completely agree. I thought he was hilarious. It was a good group this week, they worked well, though I do agree with Yvie123, CQ was a bit shouty.

Off topic. Degsyhufc, I have also just complimented you on the 'Uncle' thread. Don't worry, I'm not stalking - we just seem to like the same humour :)
    hehe you just have good taste in comedy ;)
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zackai48 wrote: »
    I quite like the new format but didn't watch this particular episode because both Richard Osman and Joan Bakewell were on it. (Can't stand either of them.) Richard Osman thinks he is funny when he is not. He's not too bad on Pointless- though even there he is trying to get a higher profile with his unfunny banter with Alexander.

Osman was as witty a guest
    as you'll get. Backwell was just a tedious bore and the girl comedian nondescript.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best set-up for items going into Room 101 was the original conveyor belt. It made it appear more real.
    Forum Member
    Has everyone jacked in watching this?
    I usually forget some things are on unless the threads get bumped.
    The Lee Mack, Dave hairy biker and Ruby Wax episode was good, could have done with an extra storage version.
    I've got a lot of time for Ruby Wax, even downloaded her being interviewed on Hardtalk a while back, nice to see her on TV again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching it but I've not enjoyed this series. Not really sure why really but some choices have been a bit, well odd. Ruby Wax putting her mother in and Hairy Biker Dave choosing chunky chips. They tried to laugh it off, but I sensed some real animosity between Lee Mack and Hairy Dave particularly when Dave said he felt sorry for Lee's kids.
    This week' s was a bland one with Miles Jupp, Kelly Hoppen and Vernon Kaye.
    I'm not surprised there isn't an 'Extra Storage' edition as it's too boring at standard length!

I noticed they've dumped the winner gets an extra choice has gone too.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest one was a shocker. Very tedious, with Miles Jupp choosing the parents of children who climb up park slides.

I wouldn't have minded if he had something funny to say about this "terrible problem".
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I usually like Miles Jupp but he was poor, Kelly Hoppen was a complete waste of time and Vernon Kay was OK.

The latest episode missed a really top guest, a headliner if you like, it felt like we had 3 support acts and the headliner never showed.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I laughed my socks off as usual. Frank makes every episode a giggle for me, regardless of guests and choices. I think people get too wrapped up in who's on
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I'm still watching it but I've not enjoyed this series. Not really sure why really but some choices have been a bit, well odd. Ruby Wax putting her mother in and Hairy Biker Dave choosing chunky chips. They tried to laugh it off, but I sensed some real animosity between Lee Mack and Hairy Dave particularly when Dave said he felt sorry for Lee's kids.
    This week' s was a bland one with Miles Jupp, Kelly Hoppen and Vernon Kaye.
    I'm not surprised there isn't an 'Extra Storage' edition as it's too boring at standard length!

I noticed they've dumped the winner gets an extra choice has gone too.
    Biker Dave shouldn't really think he is a comedian and go up against three professionals. It's like being a heckler. He's going to lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biker Dave shouldn't really think he is a comedian and go up against three professionals. It's like being a heckler. He's going to lose.

He's delusional as he thought he could dance too! :D
    Forum Member
    Did he have any spats with the judges on the dancing show though?
    It looked like he was trying to get into a slanging match with Mack on Room 101 and was looking smug after some of his remarks and I was sat there thinking - just don't because you'll get mauled - and I think Mack was thinking the same and left it as not to spoil the show.