World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    even the so called dark era of 1995 was enjoyable to me.

its 2004-08 which is the true worst period in pro wrestling imo

Not sure its warrants being called The Dark Era. Diesel was pretty popular at the time.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure its warrants being called The Dark Era. Diesel was pretty popular at the time.

diesel vs bret hart at survivor series 95 in my top 10 matches of ALL time
  • goodol lsgoodol ls Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's start a new thread talking about the New Generation era. We can recount our favourite gimmicks and matches. It will be jolly good fun. No talk of evil beings such as Lesnar.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil beings...
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    They could make a bazillion dollars every year and it wont matter because the numbers do not lie. Popularity and interest is at an all time low.

So you're running WWE (and what a ****ing scary thought that is), or you're a shareholder what do you worry more about?

Do you worry that your ratings are lower than ever or do you look at the fact a company is willing to pay you more money than ever despite viewers halfing? If you're a business and your aim is to make money, would you really turn your back on that money?

To suggest that finances are irrelevant to a business is dumb beyond all recognition.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diesel vs bret hart at survivor series 95 in my top 10 matches of ALL time
    Bret going through the announce table was a shocking event back then.

I liked the wildcard elimination tag match. An interesting idea which was never repeated.
    Forum Member
    Bret going through the announce table was a shocking event back then.

I liked the wildcard elimination tag match. An interesting idea which was never repeated.

Because it was unexpected.

3 Jacknifes after the match was pretty shocking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it was unexpected.

3 Jacknifes after the match was pretty shocking.

I liked Diesel's brief run as a heel prior to his departure for WCW, especially his match v Shawn Michaels at IYH.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    even the so called dark era of 1995 was enjoyable to me.

its 2004-08 which is the true worst period in pro wrestling imo

I'd tend to agree with that. There were some standout feuds and individual matches in that time, but creatively it paled in comparison to the years before. Although, actually now I think about it, 2008-2011 was worse. They only really got the hang of how to book wrestling with a PG rating during Summer of Punk.

Of course, you can't divorce that from the fact it was a period of transition. Austin and Rock had both left/retired. Foley had retired. Taker was reborn as the Deadman and with it began his part-time schedule. Former mid-carders like Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Edge and JBL were pushed into the main-event due to the brand split, and new faces like Cena, Batista and Orton were pushed very quickly indeed.
    Forum Member
    I liked Diesel's brief run as a heel prior to his departure for WCW, especially his match v Shawn Michaels at IYH.

Kind of a shame they never televised the cage match.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE officials are reportedly interested in a number of top TNA talent for their NXT brand. The company has put out feelers to see when their contracts expire.

so Which TNA talent would you like to see on the NXT brand?
    Forum Member
    One half of J&J security (Jamie Noble) faced Spike Dudley on Heat prior to the PPV. Sadly, that match is not on the Network.:(:D

On another note, It's coming up to 10 years since Cena was drafted to Raw. I liked the way they stretched the draft in 2005 over a period of a few weeks.

Thought id take this pic just for you.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2q3n7tz.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought id take this pic just for you.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2q3n7tz.jpg

A few of those pre PPV heat matches were included as DVD extras on the PPV. Nearly all of them were really short, about 5 minutes max.
    Kind of a shame they never televised the cage match.

It is. I think the only video from that show is the grainy footage filmed by a fan of the post match curtain call incident.
    Forum Member
    A few of those pre PPV heat matches were included as DVD extras on the PPV. Nearly all of them were really short, about 5 minutes max.

It is. I think the only video from that show is the grainy footage filmed by a fan of the post match curtain call incident.

Ive no idea as I dont buy DVDs of the PPVs. Before the network I would just tape them off Sky.

Curtain Call incident yet I knew you would bring up that grainy footage from Raw. Dunno why WWE didnt just record the show with it being Kev's & Scotts last show. Yeah no one knew what was going to happen but suprised WWE doesnt record Live events especially title change ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Shannon Moore and Frankie Kazarian are still at TNA then I would take them back. Another two wrestlers who Lesnar inexplicably went over.
    Forum Member
    goodol ls wrote: »
    If Shannon Moore and Frankie Kazarian are still at TNA then I would take them back. Another two wrestlers who Lesnar inexplicably went over.

Anybody with a brain can explain why Brock Lesnar went over Shannon Moore and Frankie Kazarian but did these matches actually happen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brock went over anybody and everybody. It didn't matter. Brock went over. How he won Royal Rumble 03 was beyond me. It should have been Eddie or Rey.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Brock Lesnar is a monster of a man and can bring interest to the shows that no one else can.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody with a brain can explain why Brock Lesnar went over Shannon Moore and Frankie Kazarian but did these matches actually happen?

No idea. Shannon Moore beating Brock Lesnar seems completely logical and believable in my books...
    Forum Member
    Brock went over anybody and everybody. It didn't matter. Brock went over. How he won Royal Rumble 03 was beyond me. It should have been Eddie or Rey.

Lesnar and Kazarian weren't even in WWE at the same time so when did that match happen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou FMKK. I have been validated finally. Shannon Moore was vastly underrated. An exceptional talent. True wrestling fans can see that.
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar is a monster of a man and can bring interest to the shows that no one else can.

You've changed your tune
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Thankyou FMKK. I have been validated finally. Shannon Moore was vastly underrated. An exceptional talent. True wrestling fans can see that.

This made me chuckle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has. I thought he hated Lesnar. One thing about me is my loyalty to the cause. I've got my favourite wrestlers and I show them loyalty and respect.

Top 5 of all time

1 Taker
    2 Kane
    3 Wyatt
    4 Mr Perfect
    5 Owen Hart

Honourable mentions for Doug Basham and Bret Hart. I find people on the Internet to be very fickle towards their favourite wrestlers.
    Forum Member

There is one guy Bork Tazer couldn't beat and thats Da Man who is absolutely Perfect!
This discussion has been closed.