Options

Peter Kay's Car Share (iPlayer - All Episode Discussion + Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    I see that Now 48 is at number 22 in the Amazon CD compilation chart,

Now I regret sending my copy off to Music Magpie last year!
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I see that Now 48 is at number 22 in the Amazon CD compilation chart,
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Now I regret sending my copy off to Music Magpie last year!

Lol :D:D
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet the song, Rush Hour, had a load of new downloads too off the back of the final episode.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    I bet the song, Rush Hour, had a load of new downloads too off the back of the final episode.

Rush Hour could be heard in the background at one point in yesterdays Corrie!
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Been watching Phoenix Nights series 1 and kayleigh (sian) is there as holy Marys daughter ....she is better suited in car share.
    The last episode of car share all I can say is ahhh...this is the chick flick of comedies and the bonus is I have even managed to get the OH to watch it with me...pure and simple...:D
  • Options
    M_C2M_C2 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Initially caught 10 minutes or so of 'Car Share' episode 2 and then changed channel.

However, after watching episodes 1 and 2 on the Friday repeats I found myself really enjoying it and tuned in for the rest of the series.

Great show, nicely paced, heartwarming potential romance between the 2 main characters gradually building.

Enough references throughout the show to set it up for a potential Xmas special, and a series 2 could be a lot of fun if they make it.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »
    Been watching Phoenix Nights series 1 and kayleigh (sian) is there as holy Marys daughter ....she is better suited in car share.
    The last episode of car share all I can say is ahhh...this is the chick flick of comedies and the bonus is I have even managed to get the OH to watch it with me...pure and simple...:D
    No, the chick flick of comedies was Just Good Friends. Car Share isn't a romantic comedy. If it was I don't think I'd be able to stand it. Fortunately, the ending was kept fairly unsentimental, until the post it note on the CD anyway.

I'm not a Peter Kay fan and I thought it would be an awful show but it turned out to be excellent throughout. The only thing that slightly annoyed me about it is the way the BBC billed it as Peter Kay's Car Share, when the opening titles clearly say Car Share. It makes it sound like a Peter Kay ego trip when it's anything but.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I note with interest that the Fiat 500L, the car featured in Car Share, is now being extensively advertised on commercial TV channels.

Can't blame them, really; Fiat aren't going to miss-out on some previously obtained free publicity and are obviously very keen to follow it up!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    I note with interest that the Fiat 500L, the car featured in Car Share, is now being extensively advertised on commercial TV channels.

Can't blame them, really; Fiat aren't going to miss-out on some previously obtained free publicity and are obviously very keen to follow it up!

I suspect you're suffering from the same thing as many car drivers.
    Once you've bought a brand/model of car, you see them all over the place, where they 'appeared' rare before.
    Trick of the mind.

I was slightly temped by Jaguar S-types in the last few months, even though they're too small, started noticing them all over the place.
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »

I used to love that little Fiat, but I'm going to have to steer clear because of that uncleanable rear window.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we might hear if there is going to be second series or Christmas Special tonight as Peter Kay is on Alan Carr Chattyman
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the driving looks realistic? I thought it was well done and believable. It must have been getting towed by a low loader because the car looked at street level when they were talking in the car and 'driving'.

They obviously do separate cut away scenes where they do actually drive and they are filmed from a distance.

How impressed was everyone else with the way the filming was done in-car? Was it well done?
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    Do you think the driving looks realistic? I thought it was well done and believable. It must have been getting towed by a low loader because the car looked at street level when they were talking in the car and 'driving'.

They obviously do separate cut away scenes where they do actually drive and they are filmed from a distance.

How impressed was everyone else with the way the filming was done in-car? Was it well done?

From the episodes I saw, it was no different than any other programme where they do the same thing. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we might hear if there is going to be second series or Christmas Special tonight as Peter Kay is on Alan Carr Chattyman

Hmm. I'll have to find another way of getting to know. Much as I enjoyed Car Share, I don't like Peter Kay on chat shows, and I can't stand Alan Carr.
  • Options
    MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »

Have you seen the rig involved?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGtwskSXAAAyHrc.jpg

I understand the car was towed rather than being on the back of a low loader.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Hmm. I'll have to find another way of getting to know. Much as I enjoyed Car Share, I don't like Peter Kay on chat shows, and I can't stand Alan Carr.

He Doesn't know if its coming back
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He said "I can exclusively reveal... I don't know"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He Doesn't know if its coming back

Thanks for that. I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a second series. There's scope for one without it getting too maudlin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to the hype before the first episode, it got more hits on Iplayer than anything else. Of course there'll be a second series! It's piss cheap to make for a start!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Due to the hype before the first episode, it got more hits on Iplayer than anything else. Of course there'll be a second series! It's piss cheap to make for a start!
    It's not that cheap. The car rig cost a fortune. Everything being filmed on location isn't cheap either.

All what hype? It was publicised of course but not excessively. If it hadn't been no one would have noticed it being released there first. I wondered if it might have been a trial run for the planned iplayer only future of BBC3. To see how many hits a new comedy might get.

Leaving aside iplayer viewing it got respectable ratings when broadcast. It'll get a second run because it was very well received.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    It's not that cheap. The car rig cost a fortune. Everything being filmed on location isn't cheap either.

All what hype? It was publicised of course but not excessively. If it hadn't been no one would have noticed it being released there first. I wondered if it might have been a trial run for the planned iplayer only future of BBC3. To see how many hits a new comedy might get.

The endless promos. The Iplayer premiering the whole series. Allowing people to 'binge' on a series, like Netflux do with House of Cards.
    Leaving aside iplayer viewing it got respectable ratings when broadcast. It'll get a second run because it was very well received.

For me, Car Share was about as well-received as a dildo up my butt.

Don't underestimate the importance of Iplayer views. Then again, Hebburn was the most viewed BBC2 series at the time of the second series and that didn't get renewed :(
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't underestimate the importance of Iplayer views. Then again, Hebburn was the most viewed BBC2 series at the time of the second series and that didn't get renewed :(
    Maybe more to do with the series having run its course and having been written as a natural end (especially so if you viewed the Christmas Special which was nowhere near as good and rewrote a part of the S2 storyline)
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It also got a very consistent 6m viewers, which makes your constant sniping of the show even more wide of the mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The endless promos. The Iplayer premiering the whole series. Allowing people to 'binge' on a series, like Netflux do with House of Cards.
    Well I didn't see endless promos. There were a few of course, there would have to be.
    For me, Car Share was about as well-received as a dildo up my butt.
    Your clear dislike for the show is not objective proof it was bad.
    I'm not underestimating it, just pointing out it got good broadcast ratings too. But you implied it was only a hit on iplayer because of "all the hype", which suggests you are trying to run down the importance of those hits for this particular show.

Obviously people watched all six episodes on iplayer despite it being rubbish simply because the hype made them.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dreamt about this damn show last night. They were singing Never Ever with Taylor Swift.

Any one else dreamed about it, or do I need psychiatric help?