Vicious Series 2 -ITV 1

Comments

• swishbabyswishbaby Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Some of the one liners are funny, but overall it's just not grabbing me.
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own but I LOVE this show! It's amazing! Makes me belly laugh!
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me a few minutes to place her, but Ash's girlfriend is the same actress from the short lived US sitcom The New Normal.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's a bit like marmite, some people love it, some don't. I happen to really like marmite, and I love this programme.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The critics might hate it, but I love Vicious. It's the only show at the moment that makes me laugh out loud. I thought Celia Imrie was great as Violet's sister. I hope she comes back.
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we can all agree that it's not actually very good, is it? But that doesn't stop it having some laugh out loud moments.
    NO, we cannot all agree that it's not very good. By all means voice your OWN opinion as to the merits of the show but please do not presume to speak for others!
  • BartWestBartWest Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    The acting talent on this sitcom is awesome. The two "knights" are absolutely brilliant in their roles. The supporting cast are also superb.

This first episode was a pure "farce" in the the real sense. It was well written with some "laugh out loud" moments.

It was a supporting cast member who supplied the line that had me picking myself off the floor. After walking into the middle of the staged scenario Mason calmly sat down and said: "You people are all f***ing mad""

Brilliant,
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BartWest wrote: »
    The acting talent on this sitcom is awesome. The two "knights" are absolutely brilliant in their roles. The supporting cast are also superb.

This first episode was a pure "farce" in the the real sense. It was well written with some "laugh out loud" moments.

It was a supporting cast member who supplied the line that had me picking myself off the floor. After walking into the middle of the staged scenario Mason calmly sat down and said: "You people are all f***ing mad""

Brilliant,

Not only is it brilliant but it is the only show on at the present time where the audience laughter seems genuine. Not the usual stuff, probably recorded when the warm up man was on, inserted out of context at a ridiculous volume using Pro Tools. Chatty Man being the worst offender.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure. The Americans are far more conservative than we are. And I don't see the congregation of the Westboro Baptist Church lapping it up either :D

It did well enough on its first run in USA which is why they recommissioned it so it clearly has audience power there, where as ratings and critical estimation were low in UK.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    ................. And I don't see the congregation of the Westboro Baptist Church lapping it up either :D

You say that as though it were a bad thing. :)
  • primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »
    It did well enough on its first run in USA which is why they recommissioned it so it clearly has audience power there, where as ratings and critical estimation were low in UK.

Well...........remember, this is the country that welcomed your Simon Cowell's drek with open arms. Survivor is in its 105th series. Never underestimate the lack of taste of the American audience.

Did they at least get rid of the no talent actor who played the, ick, young boyfriend?
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    You say that as though it were a bad thing. :)
    Anything to do with the Westboro Baptist Church is a bad thing......they are a bunch of vile hate mongers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BartWest wrote: »

Brilliant,

Series two was the first time I watched, and thought it was really funny.

I probably wouldn't have tried it, were it not for the two leads, but I am glad I did, cos I enjoyed it. I thought it would just be loads of crude jokes about being gay, but I laughed a lot, and will try series one on DVD.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else watching it tonight ?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Anyone else watching it tonight ?

I'm recording it later on ITV+1 and will watch it towards the end of the week.

Really enjoyed the first episode of this second series. Still hit and miss but with some real laugh out loud moments.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bitch please. :D:D Penelope is hilarious tonight. She has some great one liners.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitch please. :D:D

Oh my, that was funny. :D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Theo(n)!
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the two ladies tonight. So funny with them in the flat on their own.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does Ash's new girlfriend look similar to him?

Probably turn out they're releated. Gormless as each other.

Thought IMc was good in his stint as playing a poor butler and the dotty old woman is the star of the show but didn't think much of the others or the guest spot by Imrie.
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Ash's new girlfriend look similar to him?

Probably turn out they're releated. Gormless as each other.

Thought IMc was good in his stint as playing a poor butler and the dotty old woman is the star of the show but didn't think much of the others or the guest spot by Imrie.

Were you watching last weeks episode just now??
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the two ladies tonight. So funny with them in the flat on their own.

For me they were easily the best scenes/lines tonight, Penelope particularly, her characters brilliant. Not quite as good as last weeks, but I still thought it was pretty funny.

I just watched on +1. All very light comment wise on here. Not many watching?
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope some awards recognise Marcia's contribution to the programme even if they don't generally like the show.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iwan Rheon definitely used some of his Ramsey Snow skills tonight. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Iwan Rheon definitely used some of his Ramsey Snow skills tonight. :D

:D I wish he had said "I'm from the north" instead of Wigan.