The Evil Within

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to get this rather than AI . Best atmosphere I've experienced in a game for ages ! . Graphics are crap but I think that's deliberate to make the game look and feel more gritty . Literally just started on chapter 2 . It's good really that when my nerves are shredded can pop Borderlands on for some light relief lol.

Small tip: Upgrade your sprinting time asap, as running away is such an integral part of this game, the 3 seconds provided at the start isn't enough. The recovery time has gotten me killed on more than one occasion lol.

Enjoy! its not a bad game, I just get very frustrated with it :D
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small tip: Upgrade your sprinting time asap, as running away is such an integral part of this game, the 3 seconds provided at the start isn't enough. The recovery time has gotten me killed on more than one occasion lol.

Enjoy! its not a bad game, I just get very frustrated with it :D
    Thanks ! I'm on chapter 2 right now what should I watch out for I'm outside feel very exposed lol
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ! I'm on chapter 2 right now what should I watch out for I'm outside feel very exposed lol

Don't kill anything if you can avoid it. You will be overwhelmed quickly. Don't try and melee things to death. Run away. Lots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A stealthy approach works quite well early on in the game, save some ammo I suppose, but forget stealth on later levels, it just doesn't work for the most part.

The Keeper level WTF with those one hit kills, gruesome!!!!
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A stealthy approach works quite well early on in the game, save some ammo I suppose, but forget stealth on later levels, it just doesn't work for the most part.

The Keeper level WTF with those one hit kills, gruesome!!!!

Isn't chapter 2 chainsaw guy? 🙈
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Isn't chapter 2 chainsaw guy? 🙈

I thought that was 3? Is two not the woods and houses?
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I thought that was 3? Is two not the woods and houses?

According to the guide it's chapter 3 👀 :blush:

(I'm still asleep lol) :blush:
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I am on chapter 10 - and it took me about 3 hours to get pass the series of
    the b**ch monsters! If it isn't her it's the stupid bomb traps!

And I've still not finished the Chapter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    I am on chapter 10 - and it took me about 3 hours to get pass the series of
    the b**ch monsters! If it isn't her it's the stupid bomb traps!

And I've still not finished the Chapter!

It gets 'better' in that you will die even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I just killed The Sadist (chapter 3 boss ) with a knife . Proud moment ! :)
    Forum Member
    It gets 'better' in that you will die even more.

Shall I keep my locker keys until the very end? I think I got about 7 of them to use so far.

I think I am on the Chapter 10 boss, you know that big monster!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magnum is in silver box after fake Rurik fight in chapter 11
    Chparmar wrote: »
    Shall I keep my locker keys until the very end? I think I got about 7 of them to use so far.

I think I am on the Chapter 10 boss, you know that big monster!

Use em when you get em. If you can't carry the ammo it doesn't vanish. You can get lots of green gel. I know the chapter 10 boss well. Chapter 11 is really annoying. Hope you like swimming!

You should get the Magnum next chapter. Ammo is scarce for it, you rarely get it from lockers but sometimes do so keep a couple back until you get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just beat chapter 4 . Getting tougher now I had a few glitches some made it impossible others helped me which is odd. :confused:
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any boss that relies on one-hit kills to be difficult is a shit boss. And yet, that's what we're getting here. First the spider lady, and now Boxhead.

Takes the mick a little bit, especially when you get caught in one of his stupid traps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Any boss that relies on one-hit kills to be difficult is a shit boss. And yet, that's what we're getting here. First the spider lady, and now Boxhead.

Takes the mick a little bit, especially when you get caught in one of his stupid traps.
    I was ok with spider lady I just kept running.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PC patch is out, 1.5gb, lets you remove the black bars, so fullscreen, and lets you choose either 30fps, or 60fps v-sync'd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

Add Rurik and fish monsters to one hit kill brigade. Chainsaw guy is capable too.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demo is now available on Steam. Gonna give it a try later tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Releasing the demo on Halloween, love it !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got up to the Keeper boss fight . Hells teeth !! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got up to the Keeper boss fight . Hells teeth !! :o

Do you want two of them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you want two of them?
    Yep I know you can't actually kill him lol
    Forum Member
    I am making slow progress, though I haven't had much time to play.

In the middle of Chapter 11 and I can definitely feel more under handed, than before.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't plunged for this, but just noticed steam has a demo so I'm gonna play it right now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Handy tip if you don't already do this, if you have any keys to use in the hospital, save your game before using them so if you get something you don't like, just reload and try again ;-)