Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It stands for National Terrorism Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle - it's a spoof cop show.

Never heard of it! What channel airs it?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

It's on what is basically the late night Cartoon Network in the States called "Adult Swim" - it runs from 8pm to 6am on the Cartoon Network channel.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on what is basically the late night Cartoon Network in the States called "Adult Swim" - it runs from 8pm to 6am on the Cartoon Network channel.

Oh right, interesting. I've heard of Adult Swim but no idea of its content.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

Pretty much all of it appears to be available here

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/ntsfsdsuv/hawaii-die-o/
  • War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I basically marathoned Friends with Better Lives online (all 12 episodes, even the few unaired by the US), and I thought it was really good.

It's such a shame it wasn't given a chance, it launched low, but as far as ratings go (not sure about demo), but it held onto a large part of their audience, if it launched higher, it would have been safe. But I hear it may be shipped to another channel? I hope so!

It started with 5.91m and ended with 5.31m. A shame it launched low.

The Mrs and I really liked this too! We were disappointed to hear it had been dropped tbh.

There defo a gap for this type of sitcom and it was actually quite funny. I thought it had the potential to grow from a pretty strong base (comedy and plot line wise).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Everytime a show is cancelled, there is rumors of another channel picking it up. I hear it constantly. But i very much doubt the show will return as the cast have likely moved on.

Generally, only shows with dedicated cult audiences get saved. So out of the shows currently on the air, I'd say Hannibal is most likely to get saved should NBC drop it. Other than that, it's up in the air.

A lot of us were surprised when American Dad got "saved" by TBS (and corporate sibling Adult Swim who will be airing repeats - last week the AS repeat topped the TBS premiere in overall views), because it has a dedicated audience, but it's not exactly big or buzzy, so I wouldn't rule any shows out...
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how the whole TBS getting hold of American dad came about. The cancellation of American dad and the pick up of TBS were announced together.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBS and Adult Swim repeat American Dad anyway so the pickup wasn't too surprising but I imagine they'll be making less episodes since cable generally doesn't order 22 episodes per season. 20th Century Fox probably wanted more episodes of American Dad for syndication but FOX didn't want to order more episodes so they went to TBS and Adult Swim.

Hannibal is produced by AXN and Gaumount so NBC are paying a lot less for it than compared to other dramas, if it was cancelled, it wouldn't be too hard for it to find a home on cable or another broadcast network.
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    TBS and Adult Swim repeat American Dad anyway so the pickup wasn't too surprising but I imagine they'll be making less episodes since cable generally doesn't order 22 episodes per season. 20th Century Fox probably wanted more episodes of American Dad for syndication but FOX didn't want to order more episodes so they went to TBS and Adult Swim.

Hannibal is produced by AXN and Gaumount so NBC are paying a lot less for it than compared to other dramas, if it was cancelled, it wouldn't be too hard for it to find a home on cable or another broadcast network.

I was surprised because I didn't think AD was big enough to warrant a network switch. Most of the shows picked up have been cult successes. AD has a dedicated audience, but it's not exactly a loud show that's constantly getting press. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Fox kept renewing it just to keep Seth MacFarlane on side.

15 episodes, 3 on Fox, 12 on TBS.

Bryan Fuller (Hannibal's creator and showrunner) said after the first season, tentative offers had been made should NBC not have renewed it. And given both the quality of the show, and the "fannibals" as long as they could make the money work, which to be fair they probably could it would be a safe bet for revival...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »

Ahh thanks for clearing that up
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS has given full season orders to Scorpion, Madam Secretary, NCIS New Orleans and Stalker.

Not surprised.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CBS has given full season orders to Scorpion,

Good news, not really worried about the other shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only a matter of time that A to Z will be pulled surely.

IMO, CW and ABC will make the first renewals..

ABC renewing The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, Once and Black-ish are set in stone.

CW renewing Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural (I am sure it will be the last year next year, I can't see them wanting to do another 2+ years as popular as it is still) and The Flash, with likely renewals from The Originals. Jane will be on the bubble until we see how it performs in the next few weeks, Reign is the biggest question mark.
    Forum Member
    It's only a matter of time that A to Z will be pulled surely.

IMO, CW and ABC will make the first renewals..

ABC renewing The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, Once and Black-ish are set in stone.

CW renewing Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural (I am sure it will be the last year next year, I can't see them wanting to do another 2+ years as popular as it is still) and The Flash, with likely renewals from The Originals. Jane will be on the bubble until we see how it performs in the next few weeks, Reign is the biggest question mark.

I've heard some suggestions The CW may be keeping Supernatural alive to break the record for most episodes of a science fiction series (a record they already hold, thanks to Smallville) and may kill it soon afterwards.

Reign may be saved, because it's one of a few shows on the CW distributed by CBS Television Distribution.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shondaland shows are also a dead cert for renewals. Murder only has 15 episodes so i predict an early renewal like how Sleepy Hollow was last year, which was renewed half way through it's first season i think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shondaland shows are also a dead cert for renewals. Murder only has 15 episodes so i predict an early renewal like how Sleepy Hollow was last year, which was renewed half way through it's first season i think.

I have so far watched 3 episodes of Murder and I love it, happy I gave it a shot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty Little Liars to end at Season 7.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was in the cards. :(

I don't think many of this season's first run comedies are going to last long.

Marry Me, will probably be the only one that makes it, and then only because so many of the other ones will fail.
    Forum Member
    It was in the cards. :(

I don't think many of this season's first run comedies are going to last long.

Marry Me, will probably be the only one that makes it, and then only because so many of the other ones will fail.

Black-ish seems to be doing really well, but I've not seen it...
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they're saying they're going to run the full season orders. At some point, those numbers aren't going to be viable, and there'll be a tonne of episodes burned off somewhere deep in the weekend schedules! Shame about both - I rather liked A-Z, in terms of what they were doing, and Bad Judge was one of the few new comedies that actually made me laugh! But, it was inevitable given their ratings. I feel like there's still an axe hanging, simply because people tend to stop watching cancelled shows, that's the way it goes. Why invest time in something the network sees no future in?
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Black-ish seems to be doing really well, but I've not seen it...

Family sitcoms seem to get good ratings and that's about it :(.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magic City to return as a big screen movie. Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be reprising his character and the movie will follow on from the series. The show originally ran for two seasons on Starz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Bad Judge gone already. Shame really as I fancied giving it a look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading that Bad Judge has only shot 10 of it's 13 ordered episodes and they've said they'll complete filming of all 13 so there's ample opportunity for them to actually wrap everything up properly I suppose, so I might still give it a look.