who wants to bet GTA V gets ported on to new hardware?

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
would Rockstar been seen to have their brand new title, which has recently been pushed from spring to autumm, on old hardware?

just a thought

Comments

• logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered this when they announced it had been put back..they better not!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    I wondered this when they announced it had been put back..they better not!!

Well that is the rumour regarding the ICO sequel, The Last Guardian so I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't be happy though.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bet every game i own, which includes Crysis 3 hunter edition..but im keeping A:CM:o
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    He is asking if it will also come out on next gen. It is clearly coming out for current gen as you don't disregard millions of install base customers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    He is asking if it will also come out on next gen. It is clearly coming out for current gen as you don't disregard millions of install base customers.

maybe, maybe not
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way it is missing a current-gen release, install base would be far too small for the next-gen considering when it is being released.

But I think it will be ported to next-gen as well. Same reason they put an HD option in God Of War II when it was released for PS2 - so it would look better on PS3 consoles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much doubt they will scrap current gen altogether as the game has been in development for a while now.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'll be a current-gen release ... with a tweaked version (eventually) hitting the wiiu imo. :)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will bet everything I own they don't.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'm not so sure. The real money to be made is from the existing consoles. They either have been working on it for next gen for a while now or they haven't. They aren't going to create much of a next gen product with current gen assess in only a few months.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said early on that GTAV would be next gen, but was then shocked when it was announced for current gen.

As much as R* don't want to miss out on sales by annoying current gen customers, GTAV is guaranteed to sell millions, and if Sony/Microsoft gave them some sort of financial re-imbursement then they can use GTAV to shift new consoles. After the lacklustre PS4 announcement, they need to drum up sales somehow.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was pushed back to next gen, then 6 months after release was released for current gen. I'd like to think R* wouldn't do it, but you never know.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would Rockstar been seen to have their brand new title, which has recently been pushed from spring to autumm, on old hardware?

just a thought

GTA V will not be released on either next-gen consoles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »

there were many dissapointed gamers back in 1995 when Starfox 2 was canned.

the original game shifted a lot of hardware
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the new xbox is released in sept It will come out on both like hitman blood money to tempt you to buy a new xbox. However I don't think the xbox will Come out until 2014

Also I understand GTA is a popular series but after the steaming pile of excrement that was GTA 4 rock star will have a hard time convincing me that it is worth a buy...it has been the same game for 10-15 years. Not much has changed. Different characters different location just, and they bought in a girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    So long as one of the things it's ported onto is PC, I don't care what else they release it on :)
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    So long as one of the things it's ported onto is PC, I don't care what else they release it on :)

PC normally gets GTA games late so I can see Rockstar also porting this to next generation consoles once the current generation version has released and they move to the PC port.

Current Generation version is a certainty IMHO, no way a 3rd party company would throw away the tens of millions of potential sales on PS3 and 360 to launch on next generation systems only as there is no benefit for Rockstar in that move. If Sony or MS made GTA it would be in their interest to move it to the new hardware but not for a 3rd party.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is the rumour regarding the ICO sequel, The Last Guardian so I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't be happy though.

We'll never see it :cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming out on next-gen? Probably.

NOT coming out on current-gen... No way!

This game has been in development for a VERY long time and has been officially announced and available to pre-order on the specific current-gen consoles... They won't u-turn on all of that, wasting them time, fans and most importantly money. Current-gen is for sure going to see GTA V.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would mean that team never released a PS3 title!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

there were many dissapointed gamers back in 1995 when Starfox 2 was canned.

the original game shifted a lot of hardware

That was a first party game though, GTA is not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I don't think it will be ported because:

1. PS4 release date will be delayed. Guaranteed
    2. Uptake of PS4 will be slow until the price drops
    3. Developers want return on investment, so it has to be on current gen to get the sales

The only potential reason for a port could be if the supposed PC-like architecture of the PS4 makes it fairly easy to port to. However, I suspect the developer would rather focus on an original GTA6 or whatever for the PS4 whilst creaming the revenue from the current gen sales.
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it will be ported to next-gen eventually. The previous example is Bully by rockstar, which came near the end of the ps2 lifetime in 2006. This was ported to 360, Wii and PC afterwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be ported because:

1. PS4 release date will be delayed. Guaranteed
    2. Uptake of PS4 will be slow until the price drops
    3. Developers want return on investment, so it has to be on current gen to get the sales

The only potential reason for a port could be if the supposed PC-like architecture of the PS4 makes it fairly easy to port to. However, I suspect the developer would rather focus on an original GTA6 or whatever for the PS4 whilst creaming the revenue from the current gen sales.
    1. There is no date for launch yet. They have only committed to launching in at least one region this winter. So not sure how you can guarantee a delay now.
    2. Yes.
    3. No one is disputing it won't be on current gen. Common mistake people assume when people say oh game X will be next-gen. Nearly all third party games will be cross-gen for some time.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the new xbox is released in sept It will come out on both like hitman blood money to tempt you to buy a new xbox. However I don't think the xbox will Come out until 2014

Also I understand GTA is a popular series but after the steaming pile of excrement that was GTA 4 rock star will have a hard time convincing me that it is worth a buy...it has been the same game for 10-15 years. Not much has changed. Different characters different location just, and they bought in a girlfriend.

I play GTA for fun and escapism. GTAIV was far too "real" to be fun. All they really needed to do was update Liberty to the current gen, put in a fairly decent story and music and stick to the same formula as San Andreas. Job done.

Instead we got a far too real city which all looked the same shade of gray, a mish-mashed story which made little to no sense in places (I'd have popped Roman near the start, let alone someone as badass as Claude/Tommy/CJ), some seriously dodgy music on the soundtrack and an optional extra system which seriously failed. Girlfriends, friends, pidgeons, etc, were all just far too boring for far few reward. Collecting hidden packages doesn't reward you guns at your hideout in real life, but GTA isn't real life. If I kill 10/20 etc. pidgeons then the least I expect is a pistol spawn.

The DLC made it better, but it wasn't retroactive so in order to get to the better systems, you have to play through the main game.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people put a "d" in "pigeon"? I can never work that one out but countless people do it