Bonnie Tyler to Eurovision

124»

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imarsh wrote: »
    That may-be so but it's hardly pushing the boundaries of music or anything else tbh. Then again Casualty is not exactly ground breaking drama is it.

look seriously Eurovision is an entrainment show no one wants to sit through 26 Coldplay and Mumford and Sons type songs. They want to be entertained be able to sing along to the songs on first listen and enjoy the show, the music doesn't have to be ground breaking. Some people accuse us fans of taking the show too seriously but most of the time its the haters doing that. You need to find a balance really to get the whole experience. The production of the show is usually the most ground braking thing on TV actually.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    That's why I honestly think we should just take a chance. If someone like Katie Melua wants to have a go, let her - same goes with Hurts as well. If you can't get anyone like that, send someone new and unsigned who will be grateful for the publicity.

Exactly. Sending nobodies (and not even good ones), joke acts and has-beens gets you nowhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I don't give a shit about whose representing us tbh. All I'm hoping for is Army of Lovers get to perform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I don't give a shit about whose representing us tbh. All I'm hoping for is Army of Lovers get to perform.

They didn't make the final in Sweden they came 6th missing out on the second round of their semifinal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evJPfngo1b8
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    They didn't make the final in Sweden they came 6th missing out on the second round of their semifinal.

oh bugger!!!!:mad::cry:
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand the Wogan haters when Eurovision is mentioned. Wogan for all his faults, and there are many, did us all a great service with Eurovision in that he showed it up for what it is, i.e a complete shambles of mediocrity.

Musically its limper than last weeks soggy lettuce. Production wise its corporate over creativity with zero risks and no originality. As an event its insulting to everyone's intelligence.

No edginess, no originality, no taboos being broken, no boundaries pushed; in summary a complete waste of a Saturday night, especially considering the amount of airtime and money spent across Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know when the last time was you watched if ever.

Wogan was ridiculous he didn't know when to shut up and subsequently talked over songs and bringing the reputation of the contest down he should have been replaced long before he did because he hadn't moved on with the times.

The production always pushes the boundaries in 2009 they had One third of the world's LED screens on the stage in Moscow and over the years the costs spiralled as countries tried to out do one another with bigger venues, its scaling down this year though. Eurovision 2011 won the Rose d’Or(prestigious international awards for television) award for best Live Event Show so it must be doing something right.

Its hard for a family show to break taboos but eurovision acts have broken taboos over the years from the 50's when a duo kissed on stage to 1998 when Dana International won being the first transsexual act to do so and the time these would have shocked people, now we wouldn't really bat an eye lid. I'm sure there's plenty more that can be listed just those two were from the top of my head.

You really don't have to tune in I'm sure ITV will have some alternative that night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Quite surprised really, it actually a totally decent song for once. Maybe Bonnie has a chance because she has a huge fan base.
    Forum Member

just got around to watching that video Not surprised it didn't get anywhere, it was pretty abysmal even by Eurovision standards. Nice miming there La Camilla. :p
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It's the kind of song that I think should do better than generally it does.

Hopefully Bonnie's relatively high profile will help.
  • trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newtonsaid wrote: »
    Quite surprised really, it actually a totally decent song for once. Maybe Bonnie has a chance because she has a huge fan base.

Has she? Other than being on the odd 80s compilation CD, I haven't heard of her for 30 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got around to watching that video Not surprised it didn't get anywhere, it was pretty abysmal even by Eurovision standards. Nice miming there La Camilla. :p

She got sacked from the band after that :D
    Forum Member
    She got sacked from the band after that :D

what? again?:eek: Poor La Camila.:p

Here's what happened after the first sacking.

GREATEST CAR CRASH TV MOMENT EVER!!!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JFzlxphPbI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what? again?:eek: Poor La Camila.:p

Here's what happened after the first sacking.

GREATEST CAR CRASH TV MOMENT EVER!!!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JFzlxphPbI

So they where always car crash TV :D