The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    This show is a complete whitewash of lies. Making out the Honeyz had'nt seen each other in 12 years is a blatant lie when they peformed together just a couple of years ago on tv. Also the B*Witched twins tried a comeback on their own just 2 years ago but flopped - watching the show last night you would be led to believe the sisters had never spoken in a decade.

Also Atomic Kitten have reformed numerous times over the years but this also has been completely ignored to the viewer.

What a load of old tosh.

Exactly, mate. The show's full of lying shite, and it's insulting to think the makers feel we'd accept all this dramatised fiction when it's obvious many of these acts have met and performed together numerous times since the show says they last did. I do watch it, but I take their lying nonsense with a ton of salt and just enjoy the cliched garbage they spin out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    The second album didn't do as well as the first. The first single reached 4 and the second 16. The label probably put a lot of money into the project and made very little back.

Iirc Steps made a comment about contracts around the time changing. Around that time alot of the groups were on quite lucrative contracts, as records were selling in high volumes at £3 or £4 and albums at £12. Then the internet came in, and record sales had collapsed (pre download), and people were buying albums at £8, instead of singles, and piracy had exploded.

If they were on one of the older more lucrative contracts that would have sealed their fate. Iirc wasnt their a bloodbath around that time for a year or two where a number of big acts were dropped.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Also the B*Witched twins tried a comeback on their own just 2 years ago but flopped - watching the show last night you would be led to believe the sisters had never spoken in a decade.

Also Atomic Kitten have reformed numerous times over the years but this also has been completely ignored to the viewer.

I never really got that impression about B*witched from the show to be honest - mind you I am a cynical sod who tends to take most 'reality' TV with a pinch of salt! I do agree they are being very selective about what they're telling us though, presumably to try and make for a more exciting show.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I loved that last episode - B*witched were, and are, my favourite of the 6 groups by far so I was pleased that none of them tried to kill each other or anything! ;) It was sad to see the harsh realities behind the happiness, but I think and hope they will be OK... the way they formed gives me a lot of hope. When I hear the tales of Five and Atomic Kitten being thrown together and not liking each on first impressions, well its not really a great start, is it? At least B*witched knew each other, chose to add another member etc. rather than being forced into these decisions.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next for the Honeyz though - that seemed VERY awkward. I would have preferred the Mk2 lineup, but am pleased Mariama is back as she was my favourite, and I thought she seemed lovely on this. :)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Yep, and here's the performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLxXCqcxD8
    Heavenli looks lovely there.
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I loved that last episode - B*witched were, and are, my favourite of the 6 groups by far so I was pleased that none of them tried to kill each other or anything! ;) It was sad to see the harsh realities behind the happiness, but I think and hope they will be OK... the way they formed gives me a lot of hope. When I hear the tales of Five and Atomic Kitten being thrown together and not liking each on first impressions, well its not really a great start, is it? At least B*witched knew each other, chose to add another member etc. rather than being forced into these decisions.
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens next for the Honeyz though - that seemed VERY awkward. I would have preferred the Mk2 lineup, but am pleased Mariama is back as she was my favourite, and I thought she seemed lovely o this. :)

Am I the only one shocked to hear Mariamma retrained as a midwife? She looks like she`d faint if she broke a
    fingernail.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celena means they haven't "spoken" as in had a proper discussion you can tell from the backstage video they were very much colleagues upon Heavenlis return and didn't ever work things out.

Think it's a bit inappropriate for Celena's cousin to be posting blogs about things that are none of her business and probably just causing more needless friction.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least enjoyable episode so far for me as, tbh, I know very little about either band and couldn't care less.

Compared to last week where the 911 guys seem to be able to look back and laugh, the whole episode seemed full of wallowing in self pity and being overly dramatic
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collybird wrote: »
    God this show is like heaven for me.

In Five's original run Sean and J were painted as the best friends of the group. It was constantly mentioned that J was like a dad to Sean. Makes me feel so uneasy that Sean had to go along with that 'storyline' when their relationship was actually the total opposite.

It's also not nice for fans to find out years down the line they were being treated like mugs.

I agree it is horrible to see how it was manipulative towards fans and shows what p.r there was, and probably still is in the industry. I remember hearing years ago about Sean's breakdown and not being glandular fever, but didn't realise that Scott also was possibly almost on the edge as well.

It's strange what slant this now has on what happens, I have come across an old five DVD and video, one documentary fan did and one DVD of the tour with behind the scenes footage, and what I saw before as banter especially between Sean and J, can actually be seen as bullying. It's strange what watching them with a new perspective and age has.

Still love Scott as comes across as a really nice guy. Met him a few years back when he did a stage tour with david Essex in boogie nights 2 the musical, and was lovely to the fans and seemed really friendly.

Think the next few episode will be interesting.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Hell yeah. Cleopatra comin' atcha! LOL.

Maybe get the Corrs in on it too.

The episodes for those two reunions would be short!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be pointless for The Corrs to do a show like this.
    They didn't part on bad terms and the fact they are siblings means the likely see each other on a very regular basis so the "we haven't spoken in 10 years" thing wouldn't wash:p
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Yes, it would just be an hour of, "cant believe that jumper you bought for me last xmas" with the Corrs.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    We're very very beautiful!
    And Jim with a bag on his head!!!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    But the whole issue about Heavenli and Celena not meeting up in twelve years is pure BS

Only caught this episode last night and it reminded me of the Steps Reunion where they claimed that none of them had spoken in 10 years when it was fairly well documented that two of them (Faye and H i think) went to Claire's wedding !
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    It would be pointless for The Corrs to do a show like this.

But I love the Corrs and Coors. LOL. And I am sure they could make up some big drama, like Sharon broke a nail and Andrea never asked how she was, and they can pout and cry and whinge for about 10 minutes. That would fill their episode. Plus wasn't one of them getting it on with Robbie Williams, that could take a fair bit of time up.

Other candidates for the next series (if there is one) could be A1, Another Level etc.
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Only caught this episode last night and it reminded me of the Steps Reunion where they claimed that none of them had spoken in 10 years when it was fairly well documented that two of them (Faye and H i think) went to Claire's wedding !

All of them went to Claire's wedding, didn't they? I remember that BBC3 programme about Claire losing weight to get into her wedding dress, she spoke to Faye and Lisa in it :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    All of them went to Claire's wedding, didn't they? I remember that BBC3 programme about Claire losing weight to get into her wedding dress, she spoke to Faye and Lisa in it :)

Never saw that - I only thought it was 2, but if it was all of them then it makes it even more silly !
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Never saw that - I only thought it was 2, but if it was all of them then it makes it even more silly !

I went looking for the programme on YouTube but could only find the beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGbggqhgRsI but I'm pretty sure they were all at the wedding, although they can't have met up too many times over the years as Claire was introducing them to her husband at the wedding.
    I never saw the whole Steps Reunion show, I saw the second episode a couple of weeks ago and I think the last one is on Pick Tv today, so will have a look at that. I guess they make out like they haven't seen each other for dramatic effect, it wouldn't be too interesting if they said 'yeah we've all sorted out our differences already' :D
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late here, but I'm watching the repeat and it just reminded me of the time when I was really young and used to confuse Edele with Courteney Cox.

And Heavenli must be on drugs. As were her parents when they called her that.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching Lorraine at the moment - the reunited B*Witched are going to be interviewed live in 10 minutes.
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    i watched it its actually a good programme
  • MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    am pleased Mariama is back as she was my favourite, and I thought she seemed lovely on this. :)

She looked stunning. Could get lost in those eyes.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's episode
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abz is definitely on something - the plonker.:D
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Abz is definitely on something - the plonker.:D

They're all on the drink which could end in tears!