Homeland season 6: US pace. Spoiler alert. Do not read if you are in UK pace.

Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This thread is for discussion of Homeland season 6 at US pace.

It will contain spoliers for those who are in UK pace.

Some of us are a group of people who search the internet on mondays for episodes uploaded soon after it is shown in USA.

Wow....what a cracking episode 1

And the makers of the show bombed heavily on one point. They banked on Hilary winning so the president elect is a woman. Red faces all around i bet.:D:D

Comments

• Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dar Adal and Saul in good form. Some good acting by Quinn. Radicals right from the start. Looks good so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for episode 2
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Cant wait for episode 2

I can. If it is as bad as the first episode I can't see me lasting much longer.

It's turned into a soap, rather than a thriller.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like another slow burner season. I had to fast forward past all the Quinn stuff. It's fine if you want to know what happens to a spy when they have save people in the line of duty and been injured and now let down by the country they served.
    But that's not what I want from Homeland.
    Too slow and can't see the end pay off being that good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Quinn drugs story is coming to an end. The love affair may begin and Carrie is soon likely to be in the firing line from AQ and probably drugs gangs. Carrie crying scene was quite well done. But she is a good crier.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Quinn storyline better up it's pace, it's ruining the show for me.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two episodes in and we have the obligatory Claire Danes crying scene, it's now getting rather boring. Next up is the Quinn & Carrie love in, Homeland has lost the plot, it used to be unmissable, not so much now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another episode and still it's not got going.
    Worst start to a season so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats Saul up to? Dead of the night, over the border into Hamas land.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not sure what to make of it. Maybe it'll be better after the week off.
  • HumidHumid Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like another slow burner season. I had to fast forward past all the Quinn stuff. It's fine if you want to know what happens to a spy when they have save people in the line of duty and been injured and now let down by the country they served.
    But that's not what I want from Homeland.
    Too slow and can't see the end pay off being that good.
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Two episodes in and we have the obligatory Claire Danes crying scene, it's now getting rather boring. Next up is the Quinn & Carrie love in, Homeland has lost the plot, it used to be unmissable, not so much now.

Says it all for me, what on earth are the Homeland Makers thinking. Boring, Boring, Boring. It's gone form my most looked forward series, to one more episode like the last two & bye bye Homeland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with the show not on last night because of the Super Bowl, I take channel 4 will now be showing the episodes first?
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    So with the show not on last night because of the Super Bowl, I take channel 4 will now be showing the episodes first?

No. Since it's a US show Showtime will be airing the episodes before the UK gets them, therefore Episode 4 should air on Channel 4 on the 19th. The network probably didn't realise that the Superbowl was airing last night so they need to change their listing.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »

No if it's anything like Irish pace it'll take a weeks break, RTE don't have an episode tomorrow night
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    We got ep4 here in the UK before the US. It's just finished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C4 taking a break next week. I wondered why i could not find ep 4 online anywhere last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its got better all of a sudden. Multiple story line. Dar Adal and Saul in the thick of it.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops, sorry, wrong thread.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the lastest episode, really intriguing - felt like an x-files episode when Conlon? visited that agency.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they explain why the 'assassin' chose to rent a room opposite Carrie, as that doesn't appear to have been explained yet. Because on the face of it, he wouldn't have half the problems he currently has.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn I've gone off Peter now, what a stupid ****.
  • primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dar Adal is behind this how? He could have killed Peter a million times over by now.

So he's ruining Carrie's life, double crossing Saul, double triple crossing the president-elect and Javadi. Who is he, Boris Badanov? No one is on to this guy yet?

Or is the show setting up Carrie to do a Mighty Mouse and save the day? Looks like Peter is getting for a Rambo.

I miss Virgil.
  • EzekielPowersEzekielPowers Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted about Astrid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Dar know he was being played by the president elect?
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Dar thought he had won over Keane from his previous meeting with her and that there was no longer any further doubt about her support. Then at the current meeting she comes out with the D. Trump phrase 'nothing is off the table', indicating that she's changed her mind again. So now he suspects she may have found out about his dirty dealings, eg the truth about Majid, the bombing etc.