Forum Member
    Damien's mum looks quite young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on, who's watching? :)
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Watching here...Kate is a little 'desperate'...she must scare the men off...
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we understand they have signed up for a dating agency jeeez....

Aw Kate is cute :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like these two :D

"Let me see it"
    "How can you see it if you're blind?!"
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am watching ..... might be tough to find Damien someone if he doesn't go out the house....
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Yay, Kate has Down's Syndrome, I like Down's Syndrome, they should have one on Eastenders.

'I like downs syndrome... Have one?'

Are you deliberately offensive?

They did a downs syndrome storyline on EastEnders, unfortunately the child & her mum , Honey, were written out
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    Yay, Kate has Down's Syndrome, I like Down's Syndrome, they should have one on Eastenders.

They had one - Billy Mitchell's daughter. Didn't say much though:cool:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had one - Billy Mitchell's daughter. Didn't say much though:cool:

Oh yes, I forgot, I wonder if she can come back when she is older (the character or maybe even the actress).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oliver is quite a good looking lad ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Oliver has autism, that is meant to be worse than having Asperger's but when someone has Autism it shows more than Asperger's so they get more help.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    They did a downs syndrome storyline on EastEnders, unfortunately the child & her mum , Honey, were written out

There was another Downs syndrome on Eastenders recently too, with an adult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, Oliver has autism, that is meant to be worse than having Asperger's but when someone has Autism it shows more than Asperger's so they get more help.

Isn't Aspergers a form of Autism? well, on the spectrum anyway.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder where Damien's father is?

Mother.

''I feel guilty''

''I don't want him to end up like me''.

Being the Mother worrying herself for her child can be stressful. Sometimes (and understandably) a little OTT with it. Partners can find this a little too obsessive. Children sometimes wish their parent(s) will back up and let them learn to live their lives a little. Dating is a good example off this. The worst part is when people with differences want to have children.

Now this area is a scandal and if TV really did want to push the taboo boundaries show this.

65% of people with impairment have their children taken off them and in a lot of cases it is not even necessary. It is just cheaper. In some areas it can be as high as 85%. Truly shocking. Trouble is the courts are in secret and anyone who talks about it can be imprisoned.

Dating is just the start of people with impairments problems.

My sister has down syndrome and married to a man with learning difficulties. I have three lovely Nephews and by luck she was ALLOWED to be their mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a fine line between having Autism or Asperger's. I can't quite see what the difference is with Oliver, but it might be language development, or lack of repetitive actions.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The two guys are quite cute. The girl is a bit too obsessed with meeting someone but she's been single for 9 years so understandable.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oliver's Mum seems to think he could possibly find love at social groups for people with Autism? Perhaps it's just me, but in my experience, there is zero chance of that ever happening at those places, for anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »
    Mother.

''I feel guilty''

''I don't want him to end up like me''.

Being the Mother worrying herself for her child can be stressful. Sometimes (and understandably) a little OTT with it. Partners can find this a little too obsessive. Children sometimes wish their parent(s) will back up and let them learn to live their lives a little. Dating is a good example off this. The worst part is when people with differences want to have children. Now thi area is a scandle and if TV really did want to push the taboo boundaries show this.

65% of people with impairment have their children taken off them and in a lot of cases it is not even necessary. It is just cheaper. In some areas it can be as high as 85%. Truly shocking. Trouble is the courts are in secret and anyone who talks about it can be imprisoned.

Dating is just the start of people with impairments problems.

My sister has down syndrome married to a an with learning difficulties. I have three lovely Nephews and by luck she was ALLOWED to be their mother.

Were the nephews born with Down's?

It's good your sister was allowed to be a mother, hopefully she was pregnant in more enlightened times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Oliver's Mum seems to think he could possibly find love at social groups for people with Autism? Perhaps it's just me, but in my experience, there is zero chance of that ever happening at those places, with anyone.

There are girls at my social group but I don't seem to get on with most of them. It's not easy when they are mostly younger anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel nervous for Kate, her hopes are very, very high!
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they tell Kate her date was the same height? He is taller.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were the nephews born with Down's?

It's good your sister was allowed to be a mother, hopefully she was pregnant in more enlightened times.

No, all are classified on the 'medical model; as 'normal', so it does not follow. The problem is people do not think people with impairments can produce 'normal' children or be successful parents.

They are 19-22yrs

More are being taken into care and adopted than before. It is just cheaper than proper assessments of needs and appropriate support.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Why did they tell Kate her date was the same height? He is taller.

I guess it was their PC way of saying "He's small too".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Simon feels the same way about Kate, he seems a little more self aware if you know what I mean.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    There are girls at my social group but I don't seem to get on with most of them. It's not easy when they are mostly younger anyway.

Women are annoying most of the time anyway. God knows what an autistic one is like:eek: