Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonalds new one has a Black youth giving a knowing look to a White Middle aged man because they both tipped their fries in to the lid of their burger box...who write this stuff!?

Well I think the white guy is an OAP rather than a middle age guy, that's why he and his OAP pal spend their afternoons at the snooker hall playing snooker and drinking cheap lager.

Totally agree this advert is total B.S.

If this is meant to be inner city London then at the point the OAP smiled at the youth then he would either be reported as a sex perv or the youth and his gang of no good neds would have waited outside the McDonalds for the old guy and then give him a beating and nick his pension or whats left of it seeing as the old timer spends his state pension on Snooker, Lager and McDonalds meals!

Bloody unemployed youths - get far too much money from the state. Bloody OAPs - get far too much money from the state. ;-)
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That baldy man in high heels.. Confused.com.. cant watch it.. hes horrible and makes me cringe..
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Gorgeous woman: 'I'm looking for something more serious, and Elite Singles helps filter out the timewasters'...

Really?! People on dating sites are less likely to be out there only for a ****? :p

You know, if you're that pretty and men keep ****ing and chucking you, perhaps work on your personality luv, since you're obviously boring as shite :D
    hahahahaha brilliant.. never thought of that..
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be the only one who hates the Pounds to Pockets adverts.

How I've managed to not put my fist through the telly when they're on (especially the one who suggests using last year's campaign) is a mystery.
  • Options
    CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    That baldy man in high heels.. Confused.com.. cant watch it.. hes horrible and makes me cringe..

I'm even more annoyed and embarrassed by Sharon Osbourne's duck faced pout at the end, trying to look glam and sexy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    McDonalds new one has a Black youth giving a knowing look to a White Middle aged man because they both tipped their fries in to the lid of their burger box...who write this stuff!?

Whoever did looks as they though had just got around to seeing the film 'Harry Brown'. Seems to have that sort of vibe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Capparwire wrote: »
    I'm even more annoyed and embarrassed by Sharon Osbourne's duck faced pout at the end, trying to look glam and sexy

She was even in last night's CSI >:( How does she get these gigs :confused:
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what is the point of the Facebook ads?

Firstly, the majority of people who are technologically literate are at least aware of Facebook, if not already a member.

Secondly, even if people are living under rocks and aren't aware of Facebook, the advert never actually explicitly states the company it is advertising, only the "f" logo. So anyone who wasn't aware of Facebook in the first place will still be none the wiser.

Plus they're sanctimonious crap.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Firstly, the majority of people who are technologically literate are at least aware of Facebook, if not already a member.

Secondly, even if people are living under rocks and aren't aware of Facebook, the advert never actually explicitly states the company it is advertising, only the "f" logo. So anyone who wasn't aware of Facebook in the first place will still be none the wiser.

I suspect they aim to trademark the word "friend" and then sue everyone in the world who has ever used it. Lots of lovely moolah for doing nothing except steal common property.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lidl Easter adverts with the music from Favourite Things. So irritating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Those wonderful Snobby middle class people are now patronising Lidls wine >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

There are some adverts i hate so much that i will never buy the product at all :D
  • Options
    salma hayek-81salma hayek-81 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    The "If Carlsberg did Supermarkets", with the Time of my Life song playing over it,

so annoying>:(
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    Whoever did looks as they though had just got around to seeing the film 'Harry Brown'. Seems to have that sort of vibe.

I thought that too. By the end of the ad, I was expecting the yoofs to say "Wot you lookin' at?" and the old guy to pull out a gun and start shooting.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's hope the advert doesn't work and Facebook continues to dwindle until it vanishes completely. And takes Twitter with it.
  • Options
    CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know who the guy in the head and shoulders advert is? He's gorgeous lol assuming a model?
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Let's hope the advert doesn't work and Facebook continues to dwindle until it vanishes completely. And takes Twitter with it.

...why? What's your beef with it?

They're both incredibly useful tools. I don't use Twitter often but it's really useful in terms of customer service with companies that use it. And Facebook is a great way to stay connected with friends who I no longer live near.

Never understood the hatred towards social media. Probably people who don't really understand it.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those bloody Aldi ads with the twee altered version of "Favourite Things". It's on twice in a lot of ad breaks now!
    >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So there's yet another dumb male\clever female advert and this is one of those "lets show women being better at a traditional male interest than the man"
    Empowering

Starts off with our buffoon (the male, but you already knew this because it's in the media) who is being narrated over like he's a dumb animal.
    Called the British bodger. Don't forget to insert reference to marking his territory while the clever sensible mate (the woman, but you already knew this because it's on tv) who goes out and buys the right paint and tools for the job.
    Because men wouldn't have a clue how to go round a diy store and know what paint and brushes to buy.

But we can't one more dig at the male so let's finish with him being made foolish and the clever sensible woman smirking at him.

Oh how would us men cope without women to show us how to do everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yviebabe wrote: »
    I'm a woman and couldn't agree more. I hate that Karcher window cleaner advert where the woman cleans one side of a set of windows quicker than her other half does the other side. The smug look on her face when she's finished! I can't bear to look at it any more.

There's a new one where they have a competition to clean the floors and he's fumbling about the cupboard looking for the right tools whilst she starts using her gadget.
    Cue lots of her looking over at him and smugly smiling showing her superiority complex.
    He comes into the living room ready and she's say on the settee finished and cue another smug look.

Jokes on her. She just did all the cleaning and he got out of it.
    Who's the smart one now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    And look, if you apply now with the Over 50 plan, you get this charming carriage clock, with one of those gold coloured knobbly bits, constantly going round to remind you of TIME's ceaseless march.

:D

And giving you something to look at all week as you countdown to your children's 1 hour Sunday visit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnan wrote: »

Here here
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there's yet another dumb male\clever female advert and this is one of those "lets show women being better at a traditional male interest than the man"
    Empowering

Starts off with our buffoon (the male, but you already knew this because it's in the media) who is being narrated over like he's a dumb animal.
    Called the British bodger. Don't forget to insert reference to marking his territory while the clever sensible mate (the woman, but you already knew this because it's on tv) who goes out and buys the right paint and tools for the job.
    Because men wouldn't have a clue how to go round a diy store and know what paint and brushes to buy.

But we can't one more dig at the male so let's finish with him being made foolish and the clever sensible woman smirking at him.

Oh how would us men cope without women to show us how to do everything.

Tv ads sadly, have a habit of pandering to the terminally stupid, and stroking their egos.
    That this tired old brain dead paradigm appears to work for advertisers is sad. Doesn't reflect well on their target audience.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    What was with the obsession with Canestan ads yesterday - toenails and thrush urgh!
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Capparwire wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the guy in the head and shoulders advert is? He's gorgeous lol assuming a model?

Never get the point of these adverts, he could have hair like a scarecrow and it'd make little difference to him. Us in the real world...
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...why? What's your beef with it?

They're both incredibly useful tools. I don't use Twitter often but it's really useful in terms of customer service with companies that use it. And Facebook is a great way to stay connected with friends who I no longer live near.

Yeah! Get rid of Wasteofspacebook and how on earth would Jeremy Kyle contestants communicate with each other?

'I posted a scan of mi bay-bee on Facebook and it looks just like Wayne, so it must be 'is.'

And without Twatter how would IS plan their next outrage?
This discussion has been closed.