Deal Makers Deal Breakers.

2»

Comments

• LazerliteLazerlite Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    Its not shallowness its peferences, you yourself said you dont like high maintenance women, fake nails fake hair fake boobs dosent that make you shallow that youre assuming some lovely intelligent kind women might not be up to your standards because they like to dress a certain way?

Believe me, that's shallow.

There's a difference in taking pride in your appearance, then all the fakery for the sake of it without really knowing inside you as to why you're really doing this in the first place other than insecurities and because society says so.

I don't like sheep. I like individuality, but equally, I like traditional and conventional traits and styles.

For somebody to point out that they only go for taller men, I find it to be on more of a shallow side - especially if I was the subject of that.

I've actually mingled with a lot of girls in the past around 5"8, 5"9 and never seen it as a problem - and, there are relationships out there with height differences in that the male's shorter than the female.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Lazerlite wrote: »
    Believe me, that's shallow.

There's a difference in taking pride in your appearance, then all the fakery for the sake of it without really knowing inside you as to why you're really doing this in the first place other than insecurities and because society says so.

I don't like sheep. I like individuality, but equally, I like traditional and conventional traits and styles.

For somebody to point out that they only go for taller men, I find it to be on more of a shallow side - especially if I was the subject of that.

I've actually mingled with a lot of girls in the past around 5"8, 5"9 and never seen it as a problem - and, there are relationships out there with height differences in that the male's shorter than the female.

no no no you werent the subject of it at all..

ive always preferred tall men ive just met someone who i think likes me and i think hes nice who is 6'4 its what i find attractive, the same as you prefer tradtional traits/styles etc and wouldnt date a towie girl for instance, its the same thing.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ive always preferred tall men ive just met someone who i think likes me and i think hes nice who is 6'4 its what i find attractive, the same as you prefer tradtional traits/styles etc and wouldnt date a towie girl for instance, its the same thing.

Good luck ~ hope you can both make a real go of it :):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Good luck ~ hope you can both make a real go of it :):cool:

Lol, she's been chipping away all day - thank goodness I'm not 6"4!:D:cool::):p

Only messing pet;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck - I think I'm feeling rather exhausted :sleep:
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Lazerlite wrote: »
    Lol, she's been chipping away all day - thank goodness I'm not 6"4!:D:cool::):p

Only messing pet;)

i really havent, we spoke in the facebook thread where you accused me of being a show off and attacking a poster when i didnt do it and you didnt have the need to make such personal comments.

but whatever im off for a bath.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makers:

Intelligent, down to earth, easy going

Breakers:

Believes in god/heaven/hell all that stuff, superficial, materialistic
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makers, funny, generous and loves me even when I can't be arsed to shave my legs.

Breakers, aggressive, violent and tight.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to add that I've never been bothered if men are fat, short, tall, lanky, bald, goofy teeth, sticky out ears, loaded or jobless. If you're funny, generous and love me regardless of my many faults, you're in with a good chance if I wasn't happily married that is!
    My husband has big ears, not much hair left, pot belly and some moobs that Kate Middleton would probably kill the Queen to have but he's as funny as fck, he gets me like no one else ever has and he couldn't care less about boring stuff like droopy boobs, stretch marks, unshaven legs and couldn't give a monkeys if I'm a size 10 or 20.
    He was a jobless scruffbag when I met him 20yrs ago and he's still a scruffbag now, he's brilliant, he'd give me his last quid and I'm glad I didn't have a wish list that would have excluded him on account of his joblessness, scruffiness or anything else that may be 'wrong' with him because it would have been my loss and a a very big loss at that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to add that I've never been bothered if men are fat, short, tall, lanky, bald, goofy teeth, sticky out ears, loaded or jobless. If you're funny, generous and love me regardless of my many faults, you're in with a good chance if I wasn't happily married that is!
    My husband has big ears, not much hair left, pot belly and some moobs that Kate Middleton would probably kill the Queen to have but he's as funny as fck, he gets me like no one else ever has and he couldn't care less about boring stuff like droopy boobs, stretch marks, unshaven legs and couldn't give a monkeys if I'm a size 10 or 20.
    He was a jobless scruffbag when I met him 20yrs ago and he's still a scruffbag now, he's brilliant, he'd give me his last quid and I'm glad I didn't have a wish list that would have excluded him on account of his joblessness, scruffiness or anything else that may be 'wrong' with him because it would have been my loss and a a very big loss at that.

Fantastic and an insightful read - breeds a lot of perspective. I guess it does take a lot of tolerance and patience in making a relationship flow and last, too. But ultimately, if two people click, the rest can just fall into place, effortlessly.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great post. Glad you love each other that way. :)