Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    No - Unclekevo is right. Dismissing the ruse by the writers to turn the ancestry on its tale, Riley would be the dad and 2nd cousin. Once removed term, in genealogy, only applies to cousins.

But its irrelevant I expect. Though I initially wanted a Riley/Mitzeee thing going on, I think it would ruin the character of Mitzeee.

I think it would too. I like Riley but he's not exactly Joe interesting is he? Mitzeee settled with a him and his baby would be boring. Plus somehow the idea creeps me out slightly, funny thing is its the sort of thing I wouldn't give a crap about in real life but I see them too much as related now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it looks like Riley's attentions will soon turn to Lynsey instead (according to the waveguide spoilers) so perhaps Mitzeee's status as wannabe wag will continue, at least for now
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    npd6900 wrote: »
    Well it looks like Riley's attentions will soon turn to Lynsey instead (according to the waveguide spoilers) so perhaps Mitzeee's status as wannabe wag will continue, at least for now

Are they actually going to make it a Hollyoaks law that no one is allowed to fancy anyone for more than three episodes before they move on?

The whole village is becoming like a little swingers party.

It's getting right on my nerves to be honest, I don't know if they are doing it to shock by putting the least likely pairings together or what but it's getting beyond a joke.

It all started when Theresa was the love of Ethan's life one minute and then he wanted Lib and then he wanted Rae and it continued with Theresa being the love of Wills life and after five minutes he couldn't stand the sight of her.

Since then it's been like bloody musical chairs and with Annalise snogging Joel soon and the fact that Dodger is apparently going to get involved with Mercy I fear it is only going to get worse.
  • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    npd6900 wrote: »

Riley and Lindsey? That's an unusual pairing! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    love how riley's conveniantly forgotten that mitzeee has slept with his dad too.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    beckstar_ wrote: »
    love how riley's conveniantly forgotten that mitzeee has slept with his dad too.

At least she wasn't sleeping with both of them at the same time.
    Forum Member
    At least she wasn't sleeping with both of them at the same time.

I was just thinking. Aren't Riley and Mitzee related? They're second cousins, aren't they? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be honest I don't give a rats arse who gets with who, I just want some decent drama :(

but regarding that, I think Mitzeee/Riley is weird, I've never liked it. Distant or not, related is related to me, ew
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've only been discussing that matter for the last two pages.....

ETA : I personally wouldn't go for my mum's cousin, but I have no problem watching it on my screen for drama purposes. If they get together or if they don't, it's all fine with me. I'm sure the relation will be an uncomfortable barrier for Riley though.

ETA 2 : Cousin relationships remind me of Emmerdale and Wuthering Heights, in which poor Cathy was forced to marry her cousin.
    Forum Member
    iShum wrote: »
    to be honest I don't give a rats arse who gets with who, I just want some decent drama :(

but regarding that, I think Mitzeee/Riley is weird, I've never liked it. Distant or not, related is related to me, ew

I always thought this pairing was icky! They're related! :eek::eek:
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cousins getting together has only recently become a weird thing, when Wuthering Heights was written it would have been normal, I think.

Didn't royal familys do it for centuries to keep the bloodline pure?

I think they only stopped because inbreeding like that can lead to an increased rate of genetic diseases.

It is also still very common in a lot of places.
    Forum Member
    I don't like it! It's just wrong! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Are they actually going to make it a Hollyoaks law that no one is allowed to fancy anyone for more than three episodes before they move on?

The whole village is becoming like a little swingers party.

It's getting right on my nerves to be honest, I don't know if they are doing it to shock by putting the least likely pairings together or what but it's getting beyond a joke.

It all started when Theresa was the love of Ethan's life one minute and then he wanted Lib and then he wanted Rae and it continued with Theresa being the love of Wills life and after five minutes he couldn't stand the sight of her.

Since then it's been like bloody musical chairs and with Annalise snogging Joel soon and the fact that Dodger is apparently going to get involved with Mercy I fear it is only going to get worse.

I agree. Clearly not enough men and too many slutty women in HO :D . Don't forget the one night stand Riley had with Ash and I daren't even go with how many men the McQueen girls have shared. Even Myra isn't above a quickie. The programme is becoming a sex fest and it is becoming a little tedious.
    Vanessa73 wrote: »
    Riley and Lindsey? That's an unusual pairing! :eek:

I actually think they are well suited. Both nice genuine people and Lynsey is pretty enough to be a WAG without all the WAG persona.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    I, like many others, saw the connection that Riley and Mitzeee had during later and also when they got back.. But I am beginning to think the same thing as others that them being together would make Mitzeee boring. Right now is the only time I haven't care for Mitzeee and that is because she is with Riley and Bobby and doing not much else.

I have also given up on Doug and Lynsey and I have begun to think that I only liked Doug during a dramatic storyline, I loved him when he was involved in the Silas storyline and his suicide episode (which really should have lasted more than one episode). But I don't like him with Ste and their business.

I originally wanted Lynsey and Riley together, so I am looking forward to this. I thought they could be a good couple and the Silas link would be really interesting and I hope they do have some scenes that focus on it. I just hope if they get them together it will be for more than a couple of episodes, I really hope this isn't something short like every other storyline they have done this year.
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I, like many others, saw the connection that Riley and Mitzeee had during later and also when they got back.. But I am beginning to think the same thing as others that them being together would make Mitzeee boring. Right now is the only time I haven't care for Mitzeee and that is because she is with Riley and Bobby and doing not much else.

I have also given up on Doug and Lynsey and I have begun to think that I only liked Doug during a dramatic storyline, I loved him when he was involved in the Silas storyline and his suicide episode (which really should have lasted more than one episode). But I don't like him with Ste and their business.

I originally wanted Lynsey and Riley together, so I am looking forward to this. I thought they could be a good couple and the Silas link would be really interesting and I hope they do have some scenes that focus on it. I just hope if they get them together it will be for more than a couple of episodes, I really hope this isn't something short like every other storyline they have done this year.

Yes. Lindsey and Riley could make a great couple. I like it! :D
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I agree. Clearly not enough men and too many slutty women in HO :D . Don't forget the one night stand Riley had with Ash and I daren't even go with how many men the McQueen girls have shared. Even Myra isn't above a quickie. The programme is becoming a sex fest and it is becoming a little tedious.

I actually think they are well suited. Both nice genuine people and Lynsey is pretty enough to be a WAG without all the WAG persona.

I agree. Can't wait to see it! :D
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    It's funny really, I liked Riley/Lynsey initially but I love Mitzeee and Riley together. I still think she keeps that spark but she's also a lot softer, which is the Mitzeee I like to see amongst all the WAG drama.

Another reason I don't want Riley/Lynsey is the fact Mercedes will flip and we'll never hear the end of it :o plus I quite like them as friends and it ruins things. Not to mention I like Doug/Lynsey as well.

But who knows, they might all end up in some sort of love sqaure. Or perhaps Hollyoaks are testing the chemistry a bit and seeing who works best. Only time will tell.
    Forum Member
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    It's funny really, I liked Riley/Lynsey initially but I love Mitzeee and Riley together. I still think she keeps that spark but she's also a lot softer, which is the Mitzeee I like to see amongst all the WAG drama.

Another reason I don't want Riley/Lynsey is the fact Mercedes will flip and we'll never hear the end of it :o plus I quite like them as friends and it ruins things. Not to mention I like Doug/Lynsey as well.

But who knows, they might all end up in some sort of love sqaure. Or perhaps Hollyoaks are testing the chemistry a bit and seeing who works best. Only time will tell.

But Riley and Mitzee are related. It's a bit icky! :eek:
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    Ayla_89 wrote: »

That's one of the things I am not looking forward to, Mercedes reaction.. Could they have made the two friends knowing that this was coming and would cause Mercedes to flip out even more?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57238363#post57238363
    This discussion has been closed.