Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fo' real?

Here is Bronn back in the day ..

Jerome Flynn vanished off the face of the earth for a few years and then turned up as Bronn. :D

I didn't recognise him either. ZOMG.:eek::eek::confused::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    Whaaaat!!!!!! lol. I had no idea :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: SNAP! I thought he had a familiar look but I would NEVER have made that connection! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but i never really watched S1 properly, missed a few episodes found it way too confusing. But i was lucky enough to get S1 on blu ray in my local morrisons for a low price as they had a pricing error on it. I am now rewatching it before starting season 2 and i must say i am now totally hooked, seen the first 5 episodes and really enjoying it especially as I understand it a lot more. I think a lot has to do with the excellent interactive complete guide to westeros on the blu ray set, this goes over all the history and lore, families, locations e.t.c and its laid out in such a good way making it so easy to understand or to find an exact piece of information if you need to brush up at anytime. its enabled me to watch it and understand all the characters fully as well as the history where when i watched this on sky it felt all so confusing.
    The guide changes on each blu ray disc and adds more information on various things as you go so you dont get any spoilers especially on the character profiles.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Half the fun of this program is trying to work out where you have seen people before, like you say Joe Dempsey was in the Fades and also the Dr Who episode where he meets his daughter.

Rakharo was apparently in Casualty and Waterloo Road, I never recognised him at all.

I still remember the shock when I realised that Bronn was Jerome out of Robson and Jerome, totally amazed that he could change so much.

Next on the list is one of the men in the cage arguing with Ayra- the nicer(!) one on the right hand side, I know I've seen him before, hope he gets another scene next week so I can see his face a bit better.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Next on the list is one of the men in the cage arguing with Ayra- the nicer(!) one on the right hand side, I know I've seen him before, hope he gets another scene next week so I can see his face a bit better.
    if you don't want to wait till next week his name is
    Spoilered in case you do want to wait :)
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    if you don't want to wait till next week his name is
    Spoilered in case you do want to wait :)

Thank-you,:)

I must've seen him in The Deep, but as that programme is best forgotten I dont think I would've remembered where I had seen him without some help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    If I say I haven't read the books, then I haven't read the books.

I hadn't seen that disclaimer.
    It can be shown without sex, but it would take more time and resources,

I don't agree.
    If you didn't pick up on the symbolisim then maybe this series is lost on you.

Symbolism and sex is overrated. And you don't get to define what I am supposed to like about this show.
    xynaria wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that the depiction of 'popular psychology' isn't very popular with you?..............................

I don't understand what you mean, try rephrasing it.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warming wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean, try rephrasing it.
    popular psychology is euphemism in some quarters for sex

good to see you aren't totally self referential in your 'judgement(s)' ..........................................................
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't seen that disclaimer.

You had actually. I wrote that I havenrt read the books in post #210. You directly replied to that by quoting my "disclaimer" and writing that you haven't read the books either.
    I don't agree.

Perhaps how you can tell us how the writers could have done better? I.e. inform the viewer of so much important information in a similar short space of time.
    Symbolism and sex is overrated. And you don't get to define what I am supposed to like about this show.

I'm not, dont be ridiculous. You complain about sex scenes, whilst totally missing the intended point of the scene. Apart from complaining you haven't offered anything constructive.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why anyone is complaining about the sex scenes in this show.
    Firstly it's a HBO show, if they made a show about moon rocks it would have sex in it.
    Secondly this is the second season, surely you got a good idea of what the show was like in season 1?
    Thirdly where are the complaints about children being thrown out of windows, horses being chopped in half, men being stabbed in the eye or any other violence?

Nobody is making anybody watch this, Downton Abbey is free of such natural activities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Thirdly where are the complaints about children being thrown out of windows, horses being chopped in half, men being stabbed in the eye or any other violence?

..but they're not sex, they are good wholesome entertainment :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I literally can't wait for every Monday night, I have read so much this week about the books just to satisfy my GoT obsession. Anyone else find themselves wishing the week away?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but i never really watched S1 properly, missed a few episodes found it way too confusing. But i was lucky enough to get S1 on blu ray in my local morrisons for a low price as they had a pricing error on it. I am now rewatching it before starting season 2 and i must say i am now totally hooked, seen the first 5 episodes and really enjoying it especially as I understand it a lot more. I think a lot has to do with the excellent interactive complete guide to westeros on the blu ray set, this goes over all the history and lore, families, locations e.t.c and its laid out in such a good way making it so easy to understand or to find an exact piece of information if you need to brush up at anytime. its enabled me to watch it and understand all the characters fully as well as the history where when i watched this on sky it felt all so confusing.
    The guide changes on each blu ray disc and adds more information on various things as you go so you dont get any spoilers especially on the character profiles.

find it odd you commented on s1 negativley when you hadnt actually watched it all...hummm

the guide on hbo website is great,if the blu ray is similar it should be a great tool
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    damn i just thought to myself

"wheres syrio"!!

i really hope he survived the joffrey royal cupe(sp?)
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
    Hi folks,

A few spoilery posts have been removed from this thread. If you wish to discuss spoilers, please post in the spoiler/book thread: Game of Thrones S2 / A Clash of Kings Discussion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popular psychology is euphemism in some quarters for sex

good to see you aren't totally self referential in your 'judgement(s)' ..........................................................

What's the with quotes? Or do you believe in the usual "you are only allowed to fawn in threads" opinion?

You had actually. I wrote that I havenrt read the books in post #210. You directly replied to that by quoting my "disclaimer" and writing that you haven't read the books either.

Whatever, I don't remember most names.

Perhaps how you can tell us how the writers could have done better?

Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't, either way it wouldn't change my opinion that this could have been done without, as has generally be done for decades in movies and series (ie communicate ideas without people having to take their clothes of)
    You complain about sex scenes, whilst totally missing the intended point of the scene.

If i did, then that is what they get from adding a sex scene.
    Apart from complaining you haven't offered anything constructive.

For what possible reason? None of the people making the show are reading this and if they didn't they probably couldn't care less about what i wrote.

Not sure why anyone is complaining about the sex scenes in this show.

Because its annoying?
    Firstly it's a HBO show, if they made a show about moon rocks it would have sex in it.

Apparently it boosts sales.
    Secondly this is the second season, surely you got a good idea of what the show was like in season 1?

And?
    ¨Thirdly where are the complaints about children being thrown out of windows, horses being chopped in half, men being stabbed in the eye or any other violence?

Because that's not annoying! (Though I do prefer well written dialog)

Nobody is making anybody watch this, Downton Abbey is free of such natural activities.

Nobody is making you read messages where people disagree with your opinion.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no idea who anyone is or what is happening. How many episodes do you have to watch to figure out what is going on? I've seen one.
    I wasn't even sure who was a boy or girl in that last episode.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I've no idea who anyone is or what is happening. How many episodes do you have to watch to figure out what is going on? I've seen one.
    I wasn't even sure who was a boy or girl in that last episode.

Seen one episode full stop? If so then yes, you won't have a clue what's going on, you need to watch the whole of series one.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Seen one episode full stop? If so then yes, you won't have a clue what's going on, you need to watch the whole of series one.

oh. well I might just carry on now anyway.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    oh. well I might just carry on now anyway.

Seriously, if you haven't seen any of series one I should either watch that or go onto the HBO website or one of the fan sites and check out everything that's already happened. You're going to be utterly confused otherwise because there is so much back story that you're going to be missing to do with the connections between the Houses etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the with quotes? Or do you believe in the usual "you are only allowed to fawn in threads" opinion?

Without wishing to be rude...any chance of getting that in English???????

OK we get it ....................you really have a problem with sex or at least it's depiction...maybe that is more peculiar to you than you might like to believe..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without wishing to be rude...any chance of getting that in English???????

?? I should think it was in English.

But ok... a lot of posters seem to think that any thread on any show must only contain positive message, and anyone who isn't 120% positive should leave the thread.

OK we get it ....................you really have a problem with sex or at least it's depiction...

Hey, I was just responding.
    maybe that is more peculiar to you than you might like to believe..........

Given the randiness of humans in general i may well be in a minority, but I'm by no means the only one - read a bit more than just your own messages ;)
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FAO Warming. I would be interested to hear from you what exactly it is about depictions of human sexual contact that you find so offensive, or distasteful, or annoying, when you seem happy to accept all of the other acts which most 'normal' people would find far more uncomfortable viewing.

Is it a religious thing? That's the only explanation I can think of, unless your a 13-year-old watching with your parents.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?? I should think it was in English.

But ok... a lot of posters seem to think that any thread on any show must only contain positive message, and anyone who isn't 120% positive should leave the thread.

Hey, I was just responding.

Given the randiness of humans in general i may well be in a minority, but I'm by no means the only one - read a bit more than just your own messages ;)

Any chance you two could get over yourselves ??
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    Any chance you two could get over yourselves ??

Well said.