Options

Fifa 14 Thread

Comments

• Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    This FUT 14 web app is confusing!

Its saying i don't have a copy of FIFA 14 therefore i can't log in?

Um, ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET!
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot sign up for the web app it keeps saying that now is a bad time.........useless what's point if you cannot sign up. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had problems logging in to the web app at all.
    The people complaining you can't log in, have you used FIFA 13 Ultimate team recently? It's usually between March and August you have to have used it it to be allowed early access to the next ultimate team.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a confirmed list of leagues to be included anywhere?

Here's a list of the official leagues included.

http://fifanow.com/site/fifa-14/all-official-fifa-14-leagues/
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just played the PES demo, its so bad its not even worth its own thread. Looks like its the FIFA bugfest for the year sadly.

thats got good feedback on social media, best footy grpahics ever, great ball physics.

i like it,its better than fifa 139which is 14 from the looks of the demo)

as lisa says fifa isnt even worth thinking about until they get rid of scripting.

just wish ea would buy konami lol..imagine fifas licensing with pes gameplay.

wowsers
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    just wish ea would buy konami lol..imagine fifas licensing with pes gameplay.

wowsers

By using option files, you can have all the licensed teams and real kits so you can have the same authentic experience as Fifa.

However, the downsides are that PES doesn't have a proper league structure like Fifa, such as lower English league's like the Championship, Leauge 1 and 2 or the FA Cup, so you can't have proper promotion/relegation seasons.

Plus the commentators don't say the name of the teams, which is another negative for authenticity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    By using option files, you can have all the licensed teams and real kits so you can have the same authentic experience as Fifa.

However, the downsides are that PES doesn't have a proper league structure like Fifa, such as lower English league's like the Championship, Leauge 1 and 2 or the FA Cup, so you can't have proper promotion/relegation seasons.

Plus the commentators don't say the name of the teams, which is another negative for authenticity.

yeh i have the option files, its just bundesliga license etc that sets it apart bcause they can be used in online play

i must say i cringe everytime a review marks pes down for poor menus...i mean wtf.

getting great scores bar a bizzare one from gamespot so looks like there will be 2 good games out this year.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Just played both demos and very disappointed with Fifa 14. I have 13 and there wasn't that much of a difference. I don't see much point in upgrading.
    PES on the other hand, I haven't played one in about 5 years I'd say. Much more fun than Fifa but it looks like a football game from 10 years ago. And given the licencing problems, I don't think I'd be in too much of a hurry picking this up either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nearly every review has mentioned it looks like the best football game ever graphically.

not sure how you think it looks old!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    /\/\
    I think PES 14 looks old. Not Fifa.
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out a week today! Any ideas on when we can expect reviews??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »

Will be picking up an XBox360 copy on Friday!!! :cool: hopefully I'll play afew of ya online! ;)

(Online play is summit I still haven't tried yet on PES2014 cause the data-pack was bust last time I attempted a download :()
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Just played both demos and very disappointed with Fifa 14. I have 13 and there wasn't that much of a difference. I don't see much point in upgrading.
    PES on the other hand, I haven't played one in about 5 years I'd say. Much more fun than Fifa but it looks like a football game from 10 years ago. And given the licencing problems, I don't think I'd be in too much of a hurry picking this up either.

My PES has all the correct names and designs for the Premier League teams already, also has the correct transfers as well. PESEdit for the win.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    /\/\
    I think PES 14 looks old. Not Fifa.

WHAT?! PES looks pretty amazing from a distance, it still has that god awful demon face on closeups, but maxed out it looks pretty awesome and smooth. (I am playing on PC, so that may factor in)

OT: Looking forward to see what FIFA is doing this year, although with it being a new gen soon, I suspect it will be more of the same with some bug fixes. So a glorified patch.

Still, cannot blame them, no reason to do a new engine with next gen round the corner anyway. Will be a year or so before any major changes come in.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't wait till Friday! GTA 5 has kept me entertained since Wednesday but when Friday comes...think it might have to move down the pecking order!

getting it for PS3 and will mainly be playing FUT on the first weekend!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the early release and I have not stopped playing ultimate team since Saturday :D
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at those review scores. I don't even need to play the game to know on the pitch at least it doesn't hold a candle to PES.

Top marks for licesning and presentation though. 9.5 IGN :D

The game is rigged I tell yer.
  • Options
    Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at those review scores. I don't even need to play the game to know on the pitch at least it doesn't hold a candle to PES.

LOL at PES more like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're slating a game you havent even played?!:confused:

I'll might end up buying both this year as I did enjoy the PES demo & pleased that its got good review scores but on current gen I've always preferred FIFA, nothing to do with licences or presentation as I preferred pro evo last gen & im pretty sure FIFA still had the upper hand on licences etc back then too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not happy with either game at minute to be honest

pes plays better but has issues itself,and rumours online is worse than ever.

fifa is better online but plays alot worse gameplaywise...alot worse.

i live for online so no idea what to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am finding fifa 14 online quite good I like collecting players and trading stuff :)
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jury is out on Fifa14 for me EA have stung us too many times in past with the bugs on other Fifa games. I'm holding off from buying for a week or so and going to wait and see what you guys say about it first.
  • Options
    MatthartlaneMatthartlane Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to my online GAME account, my version has been shipped.

Bit early ain't it???