Comments

• trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my copy, the hooks are so strong across all tracks. Great album. :cry:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just disappointed that the song "Aaliyah" isn't a an actual tribute to the late singer which I thought it would be.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always found her quite chavvy but her new song deserves credit. Really matured her music.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I'm just disappointed that the song "Aaliyah" isn't a an actual tribute to the late singer which I thought it would be.

I wasn't as i heard the song last year when she released it on her EP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

Katy B is a huge fan of the Missy/Timbaland/Aaliyah era. I'm guessing it's a tribute in a non-obvious way.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    TreyC wrote: »
    I always found her quite chavvy but her new song deserves credit. Really matured her music.

How was she chavvy? Her first album was quite good and I never considered it chavvy. The likes of N-Dubz and its members would be what I would consider to be chavvy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lights On could be considered chavvy I suppose, considering musical climate at the time.

I'm a tiny bit disappointed that nothing is as good as Crying For No Reason, but it's a cohesive album and filler-free, a rarity. Lorde's Pure Heroine just snatches past it for me personally.
    Forum Member
    Lights On could be considered chavvy I suppose, considering musical climate at the time.

If that song was the one with Ms Dynamite on it, then yeah it probably could be considered chavvy but I wouldn't consider the rest of the album chavvy. Any songs the likes of N-Dubz and its members release are definitely chav songs though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never got a chavvy vibe from her or any of her music personally.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Been listening to this pretty much all day. I absolutely love the first 5 tracks, Emotions and Still. The bonus tracks are all rather brilliant too, but I find the tracks in the middle quite bland to be honest.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love All My Lovin', definitely my favourite so far. Emotions is good especially when it livens up near the end. :)
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I don't love it as much as her debut I still thing it's really good!

I reviewed it here: http://iplugtoyou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/katy-b-little-red.html
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I don't love it as much as her debut I still thing it's really good!

I reviewed it here: http://iplugtoyou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/katy-b-little-red.html

I disagree with this part of your review as these are two of my favourites: Little Red has a bit of filler, the tracks 'All My Lovin'' and 'Emotions' feel a bit unnecessary on such a strong album.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Been listening to this pretty much all day. I absolutely love the first 5 tracks, Emotions and Still. The bonus tracks are all rather brilliant too, but I find the tracks in the middle quite bland to be honest.

Replace 'Emotions' with 'Everything' and I agree with you 100%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is set to be #1 on Sunday congrats to Katy B.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emotions unnecessary? :eek:

My top 5 (at the moment) would be Emotions, Still, Everything, Crying for No Reason and Aaliyah. So happy it's set to be #1! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is #1! :D
    Forum Member
    Wow that's great news! She deserves it :D
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! So happy for her, it's an amazing album!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy B is a huge fan of the Missy/Timbaland/Aaliyah era. I'm guessing it's a tribute in a non-obvious way.

Could be wrong, but I read online a few weeks ago, that the inspiration comes from a song off Aaliyahs self titled album, "I can be", where she sings....
    "I can be another woman in your life
    I can be the other reason you're out at night
    I can be all the things you thought she might
    I can be on the side"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what first week sales are for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23k from what I've heard.

Has anyone listened to her cover/mash up of Beyonce's Drunk in Love and Tinashe's Vulnerable? Seriously brilliant. Best british female pop star right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKIf5C5xshU&feature=youtu.be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    23K. Ouch.
    Forum Member
    23K. Ouch.

Yeah it's not good :( I actually thought sales would've been higher.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Emotions unnecessary? :eek:

My top 5 (at the moment) would be Emotions, Still, Everything, Crying for No Reason and Aaliyah. So happy it's set to be #1! :D

Replace Aaliyah with stay down and mines the same but generally I really like the whole album, just booked tickets to see her :).