Options

Neon Jungle - Welcome To the Jungle (Album)

Comments

• Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Ok, admittedly I have only recently become aware of them this week. Just listened to their album, following BANKS saying that they have stolen my song - the waiting game. I am actually surprised at how good the album and sound is for a girl group. They merge Sugababes, Saturdays, little Mix and Stooshe with shades of Charlie XCX and icona pop. I really like it. A welcome surprise.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're version of waiting game is pretty bad, and it doesn't sit well with me that they covered it without banks knowing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    they're version of waiting game is pretty bad, and it doesn't sit well with me that they covered it without banks knowing.

Well they are puppets....
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. That is pretty shitty. Obviously it wouldn't have been their decision though. It's just a lesson to BANKS on how cutthroat the industry is I suppose
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Agreed. That is pretty shitty. Obviously it wouldn't have been their decision though. It's just a lesson to BANKS on how cutthroat the industry is I suppose

I suppose that may teach her not to release so many tracks before the album is even out >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

I think it's down to their label or management and not the group's fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I think it's down to their label or management and not the group's fault.

i wasn't blaming them, but they are the one's who covered it.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Where is the album likely to chart ?
    Its a shame if it doesn't do well (for a new girl group) , its a good album , the deluxe tracks are actually the best.
    And I also think its far better than Little Mix latest album which charted reasonably well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    And I also think its far better than Little Mix latest album which charted reasonably well.

Really? I thought 'Salute' was far better. I'd go as far as saying that it is one of the best albums a girl group has ever produced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? I thought 'Salute' was far better. I'd go as far as saying that it is one of the best albums a girl group has ever produced.

Little Mix are awful first of all.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

I agree with you, its one of my favourite pop albims ever but sceptics have criticised Salute for lack of stand out tracks/repetitiveness/not enough pop like in DNA.

Also, I think if you see the growth from Little Mix from DNA to Salute, I think its incredible so hopefully NJ's second album exceeds their debut exponentially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Little Mix are awful first of all.

Are you serious? There harmonies are outstanding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, its one of my favourite pop albims ever but sceptics have criticised Salute for lack of stand out tracks/repetitiveness/not enough pop like in DNA.

Also, I think if you see the growth from Little Mix from DNA to Salute, I think its incredible so hopefully NJ's second album exceeds their debut exponentially.

There may not be many obvious singles, but all the tracks are really great I thought. Especially the ballads like Towers and These Four Walls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There may not be many obvious singles, but all the tracks are really great I thought. Especially the ballads like Towers and These Four Walls.

I agree (and I think there were so many singles that could have been), I was just explaining why other people might not like it. Especially in comparison to Neon J's album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree (and I think there were so many singles that could have been), I was just explaining why other people might not like it. Especially in comparison to Neon J's album.

I wasn't attacking you or anything, I was just adding a point. But to get back on topic, I didn't really like this album. 'Trouble' and 'Louder' are really great, 'Braveheart' and 'Can't Stop The Love' are good, the rest are all a bit meh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't attacking you or anything, I was just adding a point. But to get back on topic, I didn't really like this album. 'Trouble' and 'Louder' are really great, 'Braveheart' and 'Can't Stop The Love' are good, the rest are all a bit meh.

I'm surprised that so many people like Cant Stop The Love, its one of the more bland/weaker tracks for me but I love the chanting at the end. I feel like the rapper didn't do anything for the song too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that so many people like Cant Stop The Love, its one of the more bland/weaker tracks for me but I love the chanting at the end. I feel like the rapper didn't do anything for the song too.

I feel like the chanting at the end is the only bit I can actually remember so that's why I ranked it so high. Also, I think it had a positive message?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Is this some kind of sarcasm lol.

Better than TLC, Destiny's Child, The Spice Girls ? Oh dear
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? Is this some kind of sarcasm lol.

Better than TLC, Destiny's Child, The Spice Girls ? Oh dear

'One of the' is the key phrase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'One of the' is the key phrase.

oh yes. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Louder is becoming my favourite single although I didn't like it at first, the vocals are everything and Shereen's part makes it so different to every other ballad out there at the moment.

Although I still really really love Trouble. I hope they announce single #5 soon.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised with this album, I have liked all their singles apart from Trouble so thought I'd give it a go.

Favourite tracks are definitely Future X Girl and Bad Man. Other ones I like are Can't Stop The Love, So Alive and Sleepless In London.

Take Me To Church is painful on the ears though. What a racket.
  • Options
    HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    My favourite is probably Bad Man, yet i can't find a song i don't like :L I think Waiting Game is good, probably the weakest on the album, doesn't live up to Banks version but i still like it :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An instrumental of Louder was played in Big Brother yesterday just before Mark was evicted and when Ash was in the diary room (just after Winston was evicted).

Just wanted to post that :p
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting Game has been deleted off iTunes