Corrie: Hats off to Corrie's kids!

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The acting from the Corrie kids tonight was actually amazing ... All of them... Well done to the actors to play Faye, Simon, Amy and Grace...... Excellent

Comments

• danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well anyone would find it easy to be horrible to Simon! :D
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    The acting from the Corrie kids tonight was actually amazing ... All of them... Well done to the actors to play Faye, Simon, Amy and Grace...... Excellent

Agreed.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, totally agree. I think Alex Bain in particular is an amazing little actor. Simon's fear and distress at what Grace and Faye did to him was all too believable, and then we had the lovely scene between him and Peter, which showed emotional maturity far beyond his years. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought all four little girls were great, fair do's.

:)
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought all four little girls were great, fair do's.

:)

A bit below the belt mate! :D
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great acting by all four kids...
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree. I think Alex Bain in particular is an amazing little actor. Simon's fear and distress at what Grace and Faye did to him was all too believable, and then we had the lovely scene between him and Peter, which showed emotional maturity far beyond his years. :cool:
    sorrento wrote: »
    Great acting by all four kids...

Totally agree with all of these. Great acting and very believable scenes from them all tonight.
  • leahyieleahyie Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    ITA congrats to all the kids, very believable performances from all 4. My heart broke for Simon.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex did amazing i have always liked simon but tonight was something else - really believable and heartbreaking i usually love Faye but tonight she was horrible she knows she's wrong to stand by grace you see it in her face and I know it's because grace is bullying her too but I still hated her tonight for blaming Simon
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Bain is a wonderful actor - he's so believable. he gives little looks to his screen parents that are true to life.
    He's fabulous - I dont get the hate he gets on here.

Amy was great tonight also.

Well done, all four kids :)
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was amazing!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    They were good and very glad people are finally appreciating Faye :cool:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace is superb and very convincing as the manipulative bully type.
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

I actually want her to stay in the programme. She is an interesting character. She has something about her that is quite gripping. I hope they don't just get rid of her.

Poor Faye has had a lot to contend with here on the forum because she had to play quite an unlikeable character. I hope they can improve on Faye and still keep Grace and not go for the baddie versus goodie and try to make Faye the goodie. There is a nice mix in there if they developed it.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    I actually want her to stay in the programme. She is an interesting character. She has something about her that is quite gripping. I hope they don't just get rid of her.

Poor Faye has had a lot to contend with here on the forum because she had to play quite an unlikeable character. I hope they can improve on Faye and still keep Grace and not go for the baddie versus goodie and try to make Faye the goodie. There is a nice mix in there if they developed it.

I don't see how they could improve Faye when she's just as bad as Grace for going along with it all. :( She's been bullied herself, there's no excuse for it at all. Why should Mary, Simon and Amy have to suffer just because Faye apparently doesn't have any other friends. She's been vile before, this just brings that side out of her again.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon and Amy are great little actors, Faye and Grace are not. I will be glad when this storyline is finished and we can get back to a grown-up Coronation Street.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I just hope she doesn't get the abuse in real life that the adult actors get when they play unsympathetic characters.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member

They were superb and frighteningly believable, Grace the character is horrendous but played so well.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon and Amy are great little actors, Faye and Grace are not. I will be glad when this storyline is finished and we can get back to a grown-up Coronation Street.

I agree. Faye should be a background character. The acting is appalling.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't join in the praise for Faye because I just don't think the kid can act, at all.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I don't see how they could improve Faye when she's just as bad as Grace for going along with it all. :( She's been bullied herself, there's no excuse for it at all. Why should Mary, Simon and Amy have to suffer just because Faye apparently doesn't have any other friends. She's been vile before, this just brings that side out of her again.

She's being bullied too. Why do you think she's doing these things despite being clearly uncomfortable? I'm wondering if this is Faye's redemption storyline.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    sarahcs wrote: »
    She's being bullied too. Why do you think she's doing these things despite being clearly uncomfortable? I'm wondering if this is Faye's redemption storyline.

this might be faye's redemption storyline but faye is pretty unlikeable anyway, whether she's being nice or not.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    this might be faye's redemption storyline but faye is pretty unlikeable anyway, whether she's being nice or not.

That's what I mean. Maybe they're trying to get her more liked by having her see the error of her ways? Here's hoping anyway. :)
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    That's what I mean. Maybe they're trying to get her more liked by having her see the error of her ways? Here's hoping anyway. :)

It won't work because the kid can't act well and can only do petulant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Alex is a great little actor and he gave a really good performance last night. I cant say the same about any of the others.