Ofcom and this is why....

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
I think that could be an Ofcom job. They broke the rules. The public voted on the basis that there would be 4 judges votes. Only having three votes, unfairly weights the vote and makes it impossible to take it to the public vote.
If it's impossible to take it to the public vote, why did everyone vote? All our money wasted and should be returned.

Comments

• steveo77steveo77 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    the best point I have found on here

I am just glad I havent voted this series and I certainly won't now, knowing that the whole thing is fixed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree and made a similar point in a different thread.

The phone vote was made worthless
  • sj3000sj3000 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Hmm surely it's the fact that you're voting for someone to stay IN. If we were voting them OFF, maybe there would be a case.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phone vote still selected the bottom two.

The judges then, in a somewhat unusual manner, selected the one to leave.

No problem.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The phone vote wasn't worthless, it decided who was in the singoff in the first place.

Besides there really is no point in complaining to OfCom, ITV have a cunning and complex arrangement in place by which they hide behind a whole chain of companies, Channel TV, Fremantle, SyCo etc etc, which ensures that nothing worthwhile will ever come of any complaints, that's the real scandal.
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    I think that could be an Ofcom job. They broke the rules. The public voted on the basis that there would be 4 judges votes. Only having three votes, unfairly weights the vote and makes it impossible to take it to the public vote.
    If it's impossible to take it to the public vote, why did everyone vote? All our money wasted and should be returned.

Go read the actual rules instead of inventing your own based on nothing but what you think.

Seriously how many more posts are we going to get where people make claims based on pure fantasy and think they have a case.

I and many many others have posted many times since last night explaining the real rules by which the show has to got by to remain legal and taken time to fully explain them, only to have it totally ignored with another thread of fantasy and no substance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sj3000 wrote: »
    Hmm surely it's the fact that you're voting for someone to stay IN. If we were voting them OFF, maybe there would be a case.

The point is even the bottom two had people voting for them to stay in just not enough votes. It is the the judges perogative to save 1 of the worst two vote counts. If they cant unanimously decide the deadlock automatically eliminates the worst vote count.

Chances are Treyc had more votes to stay in so by your own logic she should be in as she didnt come bottom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do feel it's time the vote was changed so we eliminate the worst on the night. Voting to keep someone in skews the system in my view, although, with the GB public anything that can be screwed will be screwed. Sad bunch.
  • steveo77steveo77 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I guess its just a question of the public to keep voting for Wagner so that the show gets the winner it deserves

if Simon wants to treat the public like fools maybe the public should do the same with him
  • SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    sj3000 wrote: »
    I agree, you are not voting for someone to be kicked off you are voting to keep your favourite act in which is why the ones with the least votes end up in the bottom two. If people didn't want Treyc to go then they should have voted for her to stay in, end of!
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all seemed very unfair & I think they handled it badly, blatantly manipulating the procedure to keep Katie in.
    However, all the public vote does is determine the bottom two - then the judges have the final say. It doesn't really matter how they do this, and I'm pretty sure that the producers/Simon decide each week who is going out and instruct all the judges how to vote to acheive that
    So I don't think there are any grounds for complaint really - all they are guilty of is a supreme lack of subtlety!
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Under normal circumstances, the mentor will always vote for their own contestant, so, ironically there were more effective judges tonight than normal.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point of the phone vote is to select the bottom two. job done surely :confused:

The point of the phone vote is not to find the act with the least votes
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    The point of the phone vote is to select the bottom two. job done surely :confused:

At the end of the day, the sing-off is pure drama simply to create interest.

I can't recall anyone that has been in the bottom two ever winning the competition.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I bet people wouldn't be complaining like this if Katie had been sent home by the judges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    I bet people wouldn't be complaining like this if Katie had been sent home by the judges.

True,

Probably because people would feel the right/correct result had been arrived at!

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Pandorian wrote: »
    At the end of the day, the sing-off is pure drama simply to create interest.

I can't recall anyone that has been in the bottom two ever winning the competition.

You are correct, no-one in the bottom two has ever won the competition. Let's be honest, no-one in their right mind believes Katie will go on and win this, she has 2, maybe 3 weeks maximum left in the competition.

JLS were in the bottom two and managed the runners up spot.
    Forum Member
    Clacker007 wrote: »
    True,

Probably because people would feel the right/correct result had been arrived at!

;)

And think is exactly the sort of mess we get into when we go by what people think, imagine and feel instead of rules, law and reality.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Clacker007 wrote: »
    True,

;)

But that wouldn't change the fact that only 3 of the judges voted so these supposed rules would still of been broken. Hypocrisy all round :rolleyes:
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go read the actual rules instead of inventing your own based on nothing but what you think.

Seriously how many more posts are we going to get where people make claims based on pure fantasy and think they have a case.

I and many many others have posted many times since last night explaining the real rules by which the show has to got by to remain legal and taken time to fully explain them, only to have it totally ignored with another thread of fantasy and no substance.

How about you put up a set of the exact rules on here for us all to read, if they are that easy to access.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "public" vote for acts to stay IN.

The judges decide who goes OUT.

The idea that the public vote is wasted is mad since the public vote kept in Wagner, Cher, Aiden, Mary...

If the judges chicken out (for any reason) the show CAN boot the least popular of the two from the votes cast, but that is clearly at their descretion.

Everything is above board.
  • DerekMcVDerekMcV Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Cheryl Cole not say something like, come back to me at the end & I'll take it to deadlock. Was a mistake made in not doing this or did the shows producers not do it because they were running out of time. If Katie was bottom of the public vote then it seems unfair?
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    its still phone voting if the judges take it to dead lock, what they done last night was broke the rules just so they could save her, its not a singing competition anymore and it hasn't been for a long time its about how cowell can make money off said act.

public have been screwed big time over this.
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Correct!

It can only be referred to again in a deadlock situation which we were not in last night. We were in a "judge deciding to abstain when asked to judge" situation and in that situation the rules are very clear: a majority vote.

Deadlock by very definition is only for when they the vote is deadlocked - Not a cover all excuse.
    Forum Member
    its still phone voting if the judges take it to dead lock, what they done last night was broke the rules just so they could save her, its not a singing competition anymore and it hasn't been for a long time its about how cowell can make of said act.

public have been screwed big time over this.

"the judges take it to dead lock," Oh for the love of god! :rolleyes:

The judges don't take a vote to deadlock the vote is deadlocked if there are is an equal vote. Then and only then can the rules of deadlock can be applied - Not when little Miss Stropy can't do the job she is paid for!

This really is basic stuff.