Options

The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It is an absolute cheesefest lol but I can't help it, it brings a smile to my face.

Haha it's definitely one of those guilty pleasure songs you can't help but like :D
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    I'm not really a fan but I do REALLY like the extended mix of All fired up, if anyone can suggest something similar please do.

If you're a fan of All Fired Up you might like more of their recent work, songs like Get Ready Get Set, White Lies, Not Giving Up and Wildfire.
    I'd suggest previewing their albums on places like itunes and see if anything catches your ear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In preparation for Finest Selection (I ordered the super deluxe aaaah) I've been blasting The Sats all week, discovered a newfound appreciation for Wordshaker and today been blasting Chasing Lights.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've been watching a lot of their flip videos lately. Listening to them on shuffle seeing as I have the house to myself.
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're a fan of All Fired Up you might like more of their recent work, songs like Get Ready Get Set, White Lies, Not Giving Up and Wildfire.
    I'd suggest previewing their albums on places like itunes and see if anything catches your ear.

will do, cheers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Previews for the album are not on itunes, 808 sounds FLAWLESS in hq, and all the b-sides sound great as well, so happy with this release. The perfect package to The Saturdays imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Previews for the album are not on itunes, 808 sounds FLAWLESS in hq, and all the b-sides sound great as well, so happy with this release. The perfect package to The Saturdays imo.

I think that it's the perfect buy if you're a casual fan, seeing as it has all of the singles on it. Not sure how this going to do though seeing as their core fan base buy the albums, I can't see those rushing out to buy this when they already have the music. It seems as if this album is relying on the casual buyers.

Didn't realise that the b-sides were included though. Thought it was just one disc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I think that it's the perfect buy if you're a casual fan, seeing as it has all of the singles on it. Not sure how this going to do though seeing as their core fan base buy the albums, I can't see those rushing out to buy this when they already have the music. It seems as if this album is relying on the casual buyers.

Didn't realise that the b-sides were included though. Thought it was just one disc?

On their website, they are selling a super deluxe version of the album which comes with three discs, one for the hits, one for the b-sides and another for the video's.
    The deluxe version on itunes has 39 songs, including all the singles and b-sides.

I'm a hardcore fan and have all the albums, but the main draw for me is the dvd with the video's, and most importantly the three new songs and all the b-sides, most of which I've not heard before because a lot of the earlier ones up till about All Fired Up were only available on CD single. So for me, it's like I'm getting a whole album's worth of new songs to listen to, even though a lot of them are quite old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg Just Got An Email My Super Deluxe Box Has Been Shipped Aaaaah.
  • Options
    smartie3smartie3 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure before but 808 and Walking Through The Desert sound really good, so might get the album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

Higher was their number 1, totally my favourite too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My own ranking:

18. My Heart Takes Over
    17. Gentleman
    16. If This is Love
    15. Just Can't Get Enough
    14. Forever is Over
    13. Issues
    12. Disco Love
    11. 30 Days
    10. Work
    9. Missing You
    8. Ego
    7. Notorious
    6. Higher
    5. What Are You Waiting For?
    4. Up
    3. Not Giving Up
    2. What About Us
    1. All Fired Up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mollie and Rochelle are on Sunday Brunch at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking what my ranking would be and I think it's something like this:

18. Just Can't Get Enough
    17. 30 Days
    16. Gentleman
    15. Not Giving Up
    14. My Heart Takes Over
    13. What Are You Waiting For?
    12. If This is Love
    11. Issues
    10. Work
    9. Forever is Over
    8. Missing You
    7. Notorious
    6. Disco Love
    5. Ego
    4. What About Us
    3. All Fired up
    2. Up
    1. Higher

I bought the super deluxe version of their greatest hits, so excited to have their b-sides especially beggin', wildfire, somebody else's life and when love takes over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the girls will be taking to the Strictly Come Dancing floor this year.

Frankie Bridge is the first celebrity to be announced for Strictly 2014

Looking forward to seeing her dancing. I wonder who she'll be partnered with?! I'm a big Strictly fan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the girls will be taking to the Strictly Come Dancing floor this year.

Frankie Bridge is the first celebrity to be announced for Strictly 2014

Looking forward to seeing her dancing. I wonder who she'll be partnered with?! I'm a big Strictly fan!

Ah you beat me to it. I really like Strictly too, will be interesting to see how she does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smartie3 wrote: »
    Ah you beat me to it. I really like Strictly too, will be interesting to see how she does.

:D I posted it as soon as I found out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just seen the rumour of a Christmas album on another thread.

That would explain why they're releasing it so soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking maybe a Christmas repackage of Finest Selection, 2 discs, first one all the hits and the second with christmas versions of some of their hits as well as some obligatory covers, I think a Sats rendition of Silent Night would be quite special.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've just seen the rumour of a Christmas album on another thread.

That would explain why they're releasing it so soon.

A Christmas album would be good. It's gotta be better than Slade, Wizzard and all the other usual festive crap that gets played year after year after year. We need new Christmas music. Remember Girls Aloud did some Christmas songs as well? They released them as a bonus disc on Chemistry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    '808' is currenty #500 and #1158 on iTunes and still climbing. Everyone should cherry pick it from the deluxe/original if they don't already have it. Maybe it can get high enough to chart in the top 100/200. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    '808' is currenty #500 and #1158 on iTunes and still climbing. Everyone should cherry pick it from the deluxe/original if they don't already have it. Maybe it can get high enough to chart in the top 100/200. :D

I don't mind 808. I wasn't keen when I first heard it but it grew on me.

Frankie took on the Ice Bucket Challenge for charity....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did snybody see the girls performing their greatest hits on Tumble on Saturday night?

I'm catching up with their performance now.

Their medley included What About Us, All Fired Up, Ego, Up and Higher