Options

Laundry problem

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I did a whites wash and was bringing the clothes in off the line when I noticed that several of them had small yellow/green stains on. First problem is not knowing what they are or how they got there and the second is that so far they've defied all attempts to remove them. I tried spot treating them with a stain remove spray before washing them again-no effect. Tried a "whites-heavy soil" wash-no effect. soaked them in Biotex-nope. Tried spot-treating them with bleach-no luck. Any other suggestions to try to get them out?

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be something organic blown in from a neighbours garden or field?.
    I don't think those colours would come from your machine.

What about trying that Vanish spot remover stuff?.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds like something has landed on them (pollen or insects etc) while they were drying. Sadly once dried into fabrics many stains become fixed and nothing removes them.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I googled this and it seems that where people have experienced this, it was sometimes due to a cream or spray they were using. I do know that creams can cause a yellowish staining - sometimes only evident when washed. I don't know how you would get rid of them - without identifying the cause and using one of the proprietary spot treatments. Even then it might be a lost cause. Coke might be worth a try though
    http://lifehacker.com/5851799/remove-tough-greasy-stains-from-clothes-with-coca-cola
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like pollen. No idea how to remove those stains.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanish soap bar seems to remove most stains.