Options

Well done to Virgin Media

owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just switched on the telly tonight and good news from VM. I only have the M+ package but VM have now added, Eden, Watch Albi Drama and a couple of food channels as well as a few plus 1 of these channels all at no extra cost

I understand that the BT Sport is also now part of XL package.

So a big thank you and well done from me, even though most of this is repeats of repeats of repeats, there are a few gems in there

Comments

• Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! Brilliant Virgin! The missus has Alibi back! ;)
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel the love around Virgin media tonight :D
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just need the vm tv app updated....I know its not all instant
  • Options
    davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    yeah its good news, but why do i think there will be a sting in the tale somewhere along the way, :rolleyes:

It like this with a lot of these type of companys when in a few months time the price is going up, it gives them another line in the letter of explanation,

lets face it, i would have much prefered £2 reduction in my bill than have double broadband for so call free, and we all know what happend there, a P.R disaster but still very cleaver...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I believe there will be £3 price rise coming for the XL tv pack at some point in the next few months to cover the investment

Still better than paying 15 a month though!!
  • Options
    auntyjamesauntyjames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I believe there will be £3 price rise coming for the XL tv pack at some point in the next few months to cover the investment

Not for those of us that don't want sports channels though.
  • Options
    davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    agree, but Virgin and sky will push there luck too far, people are getting fed up, yes we don't have to pay for tv, but if no one paid, it would be 70% cheaper than it is,

Remember, most of the channels, have adverts, so what are we paying for to watch these as well,

TV sport is only expensive cos they over pay, if no one paid mega money, the premier league would take what ever they can get,

oh and when on 3 or so years, BT loose money, and loose the football, they will just do a setanta, espn, along the way,

These firms, must look at eurosport, gives a very very good range of sports at a very resonable cost,
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member

Yes there is; when I spoke to retentions he told me there the price is going up by £3 in November. But he has assured me the price he has put me on now is for 2 years. (I wasn't on a discount before)
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    agree, but Virgin and sky will push there luck too far, people are getting fed up, yes we don't have to pay for tv, but if no one paid, it would be 70% cheaper than it is,

Remember, most of the channels, have adverts, so what are we paying for to watch these as well,

TV sport is only expensive cos they over pay, if no one paid mega money, the premier league would take what ever they can get,

oh and when on 3 or so years, BT loose money, and loose the football, they will just do a setanta, espn, along the way,

These firms, must look at eurosport, gives a very very good range of sports at a very resonable cost,
    But doesn't have the viewing figures.
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Just switched on the telly tonight and good news from VM. I only have the M+ package but VM have now added, Eden, Watch Albi Drama and a couple of food channels as well as a few plus 1 of these channels all at no extra cost

I understand that the BT Sport is also now part of XL package.

So a big thank you and well done from me, even though most of this is repeats of repeats of repeats, there are a few gems in there

I noticed that the other day, I thought I was seeing things because I like the Alibi Channel as well as Watch. I also thought there might be a catch somewhere, so I had to phone them anyway for something else, so whilst on the phone, I checked. The current bill was correct, had a few added channels without any extra cost(so far, so good.)

Makes a change for Virgin to give us something back for once.
  • Options
    Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Yes there is; when I spoke to retentions he told me there the price is going up by £3 in November. But he has assured me the price he has put me on now is for 2 years. (I wasn't on a discount before)

I was also "assured" that the price I was put on for my broadband a few weeks ago was for 24 months. Recieved an email a couple of days ago saying price increase of 2.50. When quiried I received reply that Virgin media can put up prices regardless of any "assurance " and that my special deal meant nothing. Have written to complaints department as instructed but dont expect any joy. Blantanly lied to to sign new contract ( I was out of contract) :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That's great. Now just Comedy Central and Fox to go...
  • Options
    QuofanQuofan Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I was also "assured" that the price I was put on for my broadband a few weeks ago was for 24 months. Recieved an email a couple of days ago saying price increase of 2.50. When quiried I received reply that Virgin media can put up prices regardless of any "assurance " and that my special deal meant nothing. Have written to complaints department as instructed but dont expect any joy. Blantanly lied to to sign new contract ( I was out of contract) :(

When you write to complain just ask them to play back the phone call as it will be taped. They can't wriggle out of it then.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Like I said in another Thread I phoned retentions recently complaining about the range of channels in the Size M+ TV pack and about them keeping on messing the channels around all the time
    and the man I spoke to said that he will put me on the Size XL TV pack for no extra cost, plus he will double my broadband from 60MB to 120MB also for no extra cost, after cancelling them both due to cost

As far as I know I am getting an extra £4 a month off my bill to cover the price difference between Size M+ TV and Size XL TV

My package now is as follows - the basic part of it anyways

Size XL TV
    Size XL Extra Phone - Talk Unlimited Extra
    120MB Broadband with 12MB Upload Speed

So well done Virgin Retentions
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbs down to VM Customer Service from me. It seems as if you can't use the telephone (hearing impairment) then they just ignore you. I've been waiting 10 days for them to respond to a complaint. I've sent them two 'chase' emails, politely reminding them I'm still waiting for a reply and.... nothing. Getting seriously pi**ed off.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    Thumbs down to VM Customer Service from me. It seems as if you can't use the telephone (hearing impairment) then they just ignore you. I've been waiting 10 days for them to respond to a complaint. I've sent them two 'chase' emails, politely reminding them I'm still waiting for a reply and.... nothing. Getting seriously pi**ed off.

Since Neil Berkett left I have stooped getting E - Mail replies and other E - Mails about forthcoming launches and special coming soon E - Mails

I have E - Mailed Tom Mockridge the new CEO to get the E - Mails back twice but no replies as yet
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Neil Berkett left I have stooped getting E - Mail replies and other E - Mails about forthcoming launches and special coming soon E - Mails

I have E - Mailed Tom Mockridge the new CEO to get the E - Mails back twice but no replies as yet

Disgraceful. I might have to resort to quoting the DDA at them soon.