Options

Jon Gaunt on Fubar

radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
Forum Member
✭✭
1 hour and 6 minutes into his show..... and no callers.

Ha ha ha ha.

Hasbeen or never was?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 hour 19 minutes in.... NO CALLERS.
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets be honest if he was on LBC the switchboard would be lit up.:)
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I don't always agree with what he says, he can be a dick at the best of times, but for some reason this is compulsive listening. He doesnt get that many listeners calling in but the show show does seem to have plenty of backup from planned contributors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has gone slightly viral on Twitter.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella. :D

If only he didn't abuse Councillor Stark...... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I don't always agree with what he says, he can be a dick at the best of times, but for some reason this is compulsive listening. He doesnt get that many listeners calling in but the show show does seem to have plenty of backup from planned contributors.

He's busted and no one will ever touch him again, outside of some outfit that will probably gone in a few months and I say that given what happened to the likes of Play etc.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Fubar?

That's a perfect description of his radio career. :p
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next stop from Fubar to Uber. POB!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Fubar is an apt name for the collection of dross they employ - Gaunt (sacked in disgrace), Nick Margerrison (the worst presenter LBC ever employed, till they came to their senses and ditched him), Justin Lee Collins (convicted of harassment) and Katie Price (no words to describe).

The downfall of Gaunt is a source of delight to me. Schadenfreude, oh yes!
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fubar is an apt name for the collection of dross they employ - Gaunt (sacked in disgrace), Nick Margerrison (the worst presenter LBC ever employed, till they came to their senses and ditched him), Justin Lee Collins (convicted of harassment) and Katie Price (no words to describe).

The downfall of Gaunt is a source of delight to me. Schadenfreude, oh yes!

Let me get this straight.....people have to PAY to listen to that lot? My god.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Let me get this straight.....people have to PAY to listen to that lot? My god.

Not any more, its free for 6 months. Plus thats not the whole line up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I clicked on the website and say the name Amy Childs. That was enough to make me leave.

These people must be costing a few quid to employ, how is this paying it's way? I'd guess it isn't!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, there is more rubbish as well as the ones I mentioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No adverts on this station at all how the hell is it functioning? Must have a very rich backer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No adverts on this station at all how the hell is it functioning? Must have a very rich backer.

Rich and stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They wont be rich for long then!
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,903
    Forum Member
    You conveniently missed this one.

Nothing convenient at all as I'm sure most can see, I was responding to your comment about the content and listener reaction to his usual broadcasts on mainstream radio, hence the word much. Presumably you haven't had time to read and respond the paragraphs I highlighted.
    I have never understood the complete level of dislike for the man, why as a radio listener would I wan't to be a nodding sheep agreeing with everything the presenter says. :)

Try reading the piece fully as well as comments on here and other forums. It's nothing to do with the last point you have thrown in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikeBr wrote: »
    Nothing convenient at all as I'm sure most can see, I was responding to your comment about the content and listener reaction to his usual broadcasts on mainstream radio, hence the word much. Presumably you haven't had time to read and respond the paragraphs I highlighted.

Try reading the piece fully as well as comments on here and other forums. It's nothing to do with the last point you have thrown in.

I don't need to read anything I have been hearing the hatred for years towards the man and all you can do is selectively quote somebody else's opinion, like I said nodding sheep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't need to read anything I have been hearing the hatred for years towards the man and all you can do is selectively quote somebody else's opinion like I said nodding sheep.

Thanks for acknowledging you didn't read the entire article, which as has been said on here before is quite balanced. Presumably you thought your point would be accepted without question.

Nor was that a selective quote, I used the words "see from" and posted the entire article which you've now skimmed through and drawn out one particular paragraph, i,.e selective quoting.

You've also managed in reading every single comment about Jon Gaunt for years to miss for some reason all my personal opinions which I have posted often enough, including the fact that I heard his Sony Gold Award broadcast on 3CR, which is where I mostly listened to Jon, on the Vauxhall Strike and thought it was superb compelling radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So nobody know why they dislike him, the original poster must have subscribed to FUBAR and out of pure malice listened to him for nearly two hours just to gleefully post on here how many phone calls his show generated, odd and very contradictory behavior in my opinion. :confused::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course I know why I detest him and always have, it's just not worth bothering talking more about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So nobody know why they dislike him, the original poster must have subscribed to FUBAR and out of pure malice listened to him for nearly two hours just to gleefully post on here how many phone calls his show generated, odd and very contradictory behavior in my opinion. :confused::)

I have explained why I don't like his broadcasting style on national radio,which appeared from time to time on 3CR. You claim to have read posts here for years so you should know full well why he is disliked either for his broadcasting style or aspects of his personal behaviour towards colleagues, listeners, his Twitter feeds, being employed by the Police Federation etc etc.

All you have to do to refresh your memory is go to search, put Gaunt in, put show thread titles only and what you have already read is there.

FUBAR is free for six months, there are other shows on there! Why shouldn't someone sample a show from a radio station and post on here their reaction?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FUBAR is free for six months, there are other shows on there! Why shouldn't someone sample a show from a radio station and post on here their reaction?

Your floundering like a fish with that answer odd you can't see the contradiction in the original post though. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your floundering like a fish with that answer odd you can't see the contradiction in the original post though. :confused:

So you are not here to debate then just to sideswipe at others posts with no reasoning, think most would have worked that out by now. No answer to points or direct questions.

Try reading the rest of the forum, people comment about shows and presenters all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why does it bother you that others can't stand Gaunt? I feel no need to again explain my reason for my dislike, to you or anyone else - as Mike said, do a forum search, it'll all be there.

If you like him, that's all you need worry about, you're not going to change anyone's mind by badgering them.
  • Options
    jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeBr wrote: »
    So you are not here to debate then just to sideswipe at others posts with no reasoning, think most would have worked that out by now. No answer to points or direct questions.

Try reading the rest of the forum, people comment about shows and presenters all the time.

After reading James Masterton's excellent and balanced piece in full, it's actually quite amusing how many similar character traits 'Harry' and 'Gaunty' display. Neither like to be challenged, neither respond particularly constructively when they are, and both tend to resort to insult as a first line of defence.

In fact......Harry, you are Jon Gaunt and I claim my five pounds!! ;-)