sky come back offer

Comments

• Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a result...were you out of contract? Did you cancel first with Sky and then called back?

I cancelled Sky back in June and waited for offers through the post. They phoned me 4-5 times but for various reasons was unable to speak to them but anyway, it took around 6 weeks to get that 50% offer through the post (35% offer came through the post after 2-3 weeks). It's a game of patience really :p
  • colin 38colin 38 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Well I'm just off the phone to Sky to cancel my TV( been a customer for over 16 years). They offered me some reductions which I refused.
    I've now had a look on My Sky page and they are offering me 50% off straight away.
    If they had offered that to me in the first place I would of accepted the offer.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    colin 38 wrote: »
    Well I'm just off the phone to Sky to cancel my TV( been a customer for over 16 years). They offered me some reductions which I refused.
    I've now had a look on My Sky page and they are offering me 50% off straight away.
    If they had offered that to me in the first place I would of accepted the offer.

If they offered that in the first place, everyone would just phone up and get a half price deal, the reason it is offered afterwards is because you have shown you are willing to cancel your services, therefore you get a better deal, others who phone up don't actually want to cancel, and are just after a deal.
  • David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    I cancelled SKY last year and they offered me 50% off, I refused, 2 weeks later I received an offer for 75% off, I still refused. 2 weeks later I was offered 3 months completely FREE and the option to have 6 months for 50%. I took this deal. After the deal ended, I cancelled, as per usual, a few weeks later I received another offer, 2 weeks passed, another offer, 2 weeks on, another offer. Finally I have been offered 33% off for 5 years. I still won't sign as I can get SKY Atlantic on NOW TV for £7 and there isn't too much else I watch.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,377
    Forum Member
    If they offered that in the first place, everyone would just phone up and get a half price deal, the reason it is offered afterwards is because you have shown you are willing to cancel your services, therefore you get a better deal, others who phone up don't actually want to cancel, and are just after a deal.

I cancelled yesterday, was offered £10 off a month followed by £14 off a month, they seem to struggle to compete when I said I wanted Sky Sports and BT Sport and gave them the price by taking it with BT/Now over sticking with Sky where BT Sport alone is £20.

So I went ahead with cancellation, logged into my account to check bill and I had the 50% off for 12 months offer, I have accepted that as I was on Original but with the offer I get all Sports and Movies for just £5.75 a month over what I was paying. I get all the premium channels for a small amount extra and Sky get more money off me so it's a win win situation.

I will want BT Sport so next decision is if I move my Broadband too them or pay the £20 per month fee, switching broadband to BT looks a no brainer if you want the Sports channel as the £15 a month saving will always outweigh any additional BB costs you get with BT. BT must be doing pretty well with their BB take up rates.

If BT could get Sky Sports in HD then I think they could really take Sky on in the TV market.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In September I'll be cancelling citing the fact that over the past year I'll have paid under £10/mo for Sky Sports and their football offering is worse this time around. Doubt they'll even match it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    I will want BT Sport so next decision is if I move my Broadband too them or pay the £20 per month fee, switching broadband to BT looks a no brainer if you want the Sports channel as the £15 a month saving will always outweigh any additional BB costs you get with BT. BT must be doing pretty well with their BB take up rates.

If BT could get Sky Sports in HD then I think they could really take Sky on in the TV market.

The other good thing with BT is their wifi sharing, you share a bit of yours, and can then access all those hot spots out there, which is generally anyone with BT broadband, residential or business.

When I go to my local club, the mobile network never worked inside, so had to go outside to use mobile, but with the bt wifi app, it just connects to the wifi of the bloke next door, sorted.
  • chammer97chammer97 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    After 3 years of paying near full price, I have finally got a good deal from Sky!

I gave my 31-day notice on my TV last week (broadband was still in contact, but was free for 12 months). I then got a call from Sky today offering me the Family bundle for £8 per month & multiscreen for £5.65. This offers runs for 10 months and doesn't include any contract. After having a chat with the girl from Sky (their system was running slow), she also gave me a month of TV for free & half price line rental for my broadband.

This means I'm now paying £20.05 each month for the family bundle, multiscreen, unlimited broadband & line rental! :)
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cancelled yesterday, was offered £10 off a month followed by £14 off a month, they seem to struggle to compete when I said I wanted Sky Sports and BT Sport and gave them the price by taking it with BT/Now over sticking with Sky where BT Sport alone is £20.

So I went ahead with cancellation, logged into my account to check bill and I had the 50% off for 12 months offer, I have accepted that as I was on Original but with the offer I get all Sports and Movies for just £5.75 a month over what I was paying. I get all the premium channels for a small amount extra and Sky get more money off me so it's a win win situation.

I am confused

This 50% offer...what does this cost? Is it for family, sports and movies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am confused

This 50% offer...what does this cost? Is it for family, sports and movies?

It COSTS nothing, apart from your time phoning to cancel.

It SAVES you 50%, that means they will knock 50% off the bill, and usually it is for any TV pack (thus pjex took extra channels, Sports & Movies, and with the 50% off, they are paying not much more than they were paying full price for Original).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It SAVES you 50%, that means they will knock 50% off the bill, and usually it is for any TV pack (thus pjex took extra channels, Sports & Movies, and with the 50% off, they are paying not much more than they were paying full price for Original).

so how much would the sports, movies and family be with the 50% deal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A bit lazy aren't you?

Why can't you go to www.sky.com and see the prices, then half them?

Don't see why I have to do it for you, as this is all I would have to do (not knowing all the prices off by heart).
    Forum Member

50% was off any pack but excluded the HD pack or multiscreen. I was on Original plus HD paying £32.75.

I am now paying for Original, Movies + Sports (full price £20 + £25.50 + £9 = £54.50), so only paying £27.25 for all this, then add HD pack at £11.25 and I'm paying £38.50 for 12 months.

Note Original Pack was £21.50 but has dropped to £20 for new customers, I mentioned this when I was negotiating and they agreed to drop to this price, so even once by 12 month discount ends |'m on the new price for Original.
    Forum Member
    A bit lazy aren't you?

Don't see why I have to do it for you, as this is all I would have to do (not knowing all the prices off by heart).

Don't half HD pack though you don't get the 50% off that.
    Forum Member

£36 + £25.50 + £9 = £70.50, divide by 2 is £35.25, if you want HD for Sports and Movies you'll add £5.25 to this.
  • plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I have a 60% off on my account if i go back to sky. (Which i might take)
    But also got a £100 credit on my account. Can anyonr explain what this £100 credit is please
  • tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plutonash wrote: »
    I have a 60% off on my account if i go back to sky. (Which i might take)
    But also got a £100 credit on my account. Can anyonr explain what this £100 credit is please

Its £100 towards your Sky bills.
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I also had the £100 credit, I was suspicious and kept a transcript of my web chat that detailed all of the offer I was accepting.
    I any event I was able to see the credit on my online account the following day - it showed as two £50 credits.
    Next month will be my first month of paying a full bill - I'm paying £33.45 for family pack,sports & movies in HD.
    NOBBY.
  • plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    I also had the £100 credit, I was suspicious and kept a transcript of my web chat that detailed all of the offer I was accepting.
    I any event I was able to see the credit on my online account the following day - it showed as two £50 credits.
    Next month will be my first month of paying a full bill - I'm paying £33.45 for family pack,sports & movies in HD.
    NOBBY.

Mine works out at £30.30 a month...plus £100 credit...so am i right here that my first 3 months would be free!!! With the £100 credt
  • Amajeed2k5Amajeed2k5 Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    They will do half price on HD Pack and multiscreen if you push them. I've got Sports & Movies in HD, with 3 miltiscreens. 50% off everything. Comes to just under £55 in total. Not bad. We can then split the cost four ways!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit lazy aren't you?

no need to be rude ffs

if you didnt want to do it you could have just said 'look it up yourself' instead of your whole rudeness.
    The reason why I asked is some people may no what they pay off by heart and just say £45.70 for example.
    I wonder what your like in real life lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £36 + £25.50 + £9 = £70.50, divide by 2 is £35.25, if you want HD for Sports and Movies you'll add £5.25 to this.

thats still pretty expensive

can't you get all that with BT Sport from Virgin for that price? I wouldn't mind paying £40.50 for TV a month but another £20 for BT sport is too much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    NOBBY.
    How did you get that deal? Did you cancel first?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no need to be rude ffs

if you didnt want to do it you could have just said 'look it up yourself' instead of your whole rudeness.
    The reason why I asked is some people may no what they pay off by heart and just say £45.70 for example.
    I wonder what your like in real life lol

The same (come to Wrexham and find out if you want, i'll say the same to your face), i can't stand people who expect you to do all the work for them, 50% off is 50% off, you want it, go and work the prices out.

I wonder what you are like in real life, a lazy so and so no doubt!!!
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    How did you get that deal? Did you cancel first?

Yes, all details in earlier posts but essentially I've had two years at 75% off then they said no way any more offers - they even quoted me a figure of how much the computer system said they had given me in reduced prices.
    I cancelled.
    Within a week there was an offer on My Sky website saying 50% off any package so I did a webchat and got an even better offer.
    Nobby