Clapping through titles - No thanks!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
I decided not to watch programmes where the audience clap through the open titles of a show.

All Star Family Fortunes
All Star Mr & Mrs
I Love My Country (new)
Talent shows
Shows with Ant & Dec

What other programmes are there?

Comments

• stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,060
    Forum Member
    With all due respect, that reason for not watching a programme is beyond pathetic. I would say I hope it's some sort of very late April Fools joke, but I obviously very much doubt that.
  • msimmsim Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided not to watch programmes where the audience clap through the open titles of a show.

Why do you think anyone cares? You just come across as being pathetic.
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather silly basis not to watch something, but having said that there is generally a correlation between clapping in the titles and how shite the programme is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is you can't tell the wind ups from the weirdos on here anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All Star Family Fortunes
    All Star Mr & Mrs
    I Love My Country (new)
    Talent shows
    Shows with Ant & Dec
    Why would you want to watch any of those shows in the first place?
  • ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    AJRevitt wrote: »
    Rather silly basis not to watch something, but having said that there is generally a correlation between clapping in the titles and how shite the programme is.

And the intended IQ of the viewers.

Hint: It's not high.
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Family Fortunes during the Les Dennis era had audience applause all through the opening titles.
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All Star Family Fortunes
    All Star Mr & Mrs
    I Love My Country (new)
    Talent shows
    Shows with Ant & Dec

What other programmes are there?

Hey Mr OP you haven't explained why you don't like these type of shows, did you have issues with the clap in a previous life :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Comedykev wrote: »
    Hey Mr OP you haven't explained why you don't like these type of shows, did you have issues with the clap in a previous life :D:D:D

Every time I clap my hands...
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been going on for at least 30 years!

I'd be more concerned that you would watch "all star Mr and Mrs" in the first place. ITV could fill an entire series just with Katie Price and Kerry Katatonic, both with a new husband every week.

In fact why do they have to be "all star" in the first place? I'd much rather see family fortunes as intended, with real families competing for a prize, rather than overpaid z list celebs and their hangers on arsing about on TV to try and win £50 for 'charidee'

When ITV ran a small season of re-releases of old formats, it was funny, and nostalgic, but the way they have developed these shows just seems to target the lowest common denominator.