Options

Hollyoaks a suspension of reality

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
Forum Member
There seems to be a thread on Coronation St and Eastenders but not one on Hollyoaks. Maybe its because most of it suspends reality most of the time :rolleyes:

Obviously the Warren coming back from the dead is a biggie, but also everyone's reaction to him. In real life everyone would have the screaming ab dabs, call the police and or/ take him down.

The custody of Tom is a joke, he was barely related to Steph as she was only married to his brother for 5 minutes and he's got nothing to do with Frankie and Jack at all. Social services would have been called ages ago and the kid would have been given some counselling at least.

The school kids ages, I'm so confused about this one but I'm sure Duncan said he lied about his age and said he was a year younger (which NO teenager boy would ever, ever do). Yet he was always seen with the other kids at school and in class, did he even lie to the school about his age?
Also isn't Anita meant to be 18? No way in real life would she hang around with 15 year old Bart and Jasmine/Jason.

There are loads more, including Warren and Darren disposing of a body in front of the pub, and Nancy going into the woods in the night with a stranger when her best friend had been killed the same way the day before.

Can anyone think of any others?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the disposing of the body in the tiny stagnant stream by the pub was utterly absurd. Given all the trouble they took in getting the body into a car, in reality, they would have driven for miles to dispose of it somewhere careful. These two are supposed to be tough, experienced gangsters. But where do they go? The friggin stream outside the pub!!! What a joke.
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "pond" by the Dog seems to have transformed into a full blown river with a rowing club set up beside the pub.
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobsicle wrote: »
    I thought the disposing of the body in the tiny stagnant stream by the pub was utterly absurd. Given all the trouble they took in getting the body into a car, in reality, they would have driven for miles to dispose of it somewhere careful. These two are supposed to be tough, experienced gangsters. But where do they go? The friggin stream outside the pub!!! What a joke.
    Yes this was absolutely laughable!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    The "pond" by the Dog seems to have transformed into a full blown river with a rowing club set up beside the pub.

LOL. You'd be lucky to fit a rubber duck in that pond, never mind row a blooming boat on it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The river in HO has always been a river, hasn't it? :S I didn't like India's mum, Melody. She's so unreal and didn't even care her daughter was dead. To Lee: "Did you know she'd been murdered?"

Anita is 17, but I don't see how her being friends with Bart/Jasmine is unrealistic, I know people friends with others 2 years younger than them.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Duncan lied about his birthday.
    I think he was 17 in September so that would mean he is in lower 6th with Ricky.

Anita is friends with Rae and Theresa too both her own age. Her and Jas have built up a bond from both not being happy with who they are and dealing with bullies so of course Anita is trying to help.

I agree about the pond obviously a plot device for someone to find the body with Warren's credit card.

The Silas thing bugs me. Him trying to kill Nancy after leaving the pub with her surely if had got round to killing questions would be asked who the last person to have seen her was?And everyone in the pub would of seen her with him.

Same when he tried to get rid of Lee if he had succeeded surely Lee would of mentioned Silas was walking her home.
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    The river in HO has always been a river, hasn't it? :S I didn't like India's mum, Melody. She's so unreal and didn't even care her daughter was dead. To Lee: "Did you know she'd been murdered?"

Anita is 17, but I don't see how her being friends with Bart/Jasmine is unrealistic, I know people friends with others 2 years younger than them.

The river has always been a pond, hence the name of the pub - The Dog on the pond, there's a river/ lake type thing near by though where Newt tried to commit suicide and I think there's a stream running through the forest.

It is unusual for an older girl to hang around with younger guys constantly, usually it's older guys trying to pick up younger girls.

If it was only once or twice, it would be fine, but it's all the time, hanging around with Duncan is fine, as they are the same age, but to hang around with Bart etc is weird. i don't understand why Lee is hanging around with people about 6 years younger than him, now that is wrong.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Raven123 wrote: »
    i don't understand why Lee is hanging around with people about 6 years younger than him, now that is wrong.

Because they're all students, live in halls together/live in the same village. You would naturally hang around with people you live with in halls if you got on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing with HO is the amount of gangsters that seem to populate the small village and they always seem to run the nightclub.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Because they're all students, live in halls together/live in the same village. You would naturally hang around with people you live with in halls if you got on.

I'm talking about Ricky, Duncan, Bart etc

not Darren and Leanne
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'm talking about Ricky, Duncan, Bart etc

not Darren and Leanne

Because he's managing the band.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Students who never study or go to College/ school
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    With Mandy running around chasing gangsters and wondering who's looking after Tom.
    Does she even think about her daughter?
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why everyone says the Warren coming back from the dead thing is so unbelievable, they explained how he survived, what was so unbelievable about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The river has always been a pond, hence the name of the pub - The Dog on the pond, there's a river/ lake type thing near by though where Newt tried to commit suicide and I think there's a stream running through the forest.

It is unusual for an older girl to hang around with younger guys constantly, usually it's older guys trying to pick up younger girls.

If it was only once or twice, it would be fine, but it's all the time, hanging around with Duncan is fine, as they are the same age, but to hang around with Bart etc is weird. i don't understand why Lee is hanging around with people about 6 years younger than him, now that is wrong.

The 'pond' also has boats on it, I'm sure it joins to a main river though. :) Why is it weird for a 17 year old to be friends with 15 year olds? :confused: Duncan is 17 but hangs around with Bart, whose 15. Bart and Anita are only friends because of Jasmine.
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobsicle wrote: »

I know - so ridiculously funny!

I wonder where Warren took the car to torch it - the pub car park maybe? All of 50 yards away.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I've heard of Dawson Casting but Riley being 17 is ridiculous.
  • Options
    MariaLeFrink2MariaLeFrink2 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard of Dawson Casting but Riley being 17 is ridiculous.

When they said Amber was only 12 when she started . I was all goggle-eyed :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

And Riley was giving Seth driving lessons! If Riley is only 17 surely he wouldn't be able to since he would have only just got his own licence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Riley is 17...well he can't be, otherwise he wouldn't be able to work in The Dog. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was shocked,she must be 15 at the very least!
    And how old is Finn supposed to be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I don't think Riley is 17...well he can't be, otherwise he wouldn't be able to work in The Dog. :)

According to his profile on the E4 site and Wikipedia he is and that would be consistent with Carl trying to make sure he gets his break as a Premier League footballer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    If Riley is 17 surely he should be hanging around with Anita and Duncan instead of Mercedes? It would be so much more obvious that the actor is older than 17 if we saw him in the shack with Anita or in guy candy.

Also Seth, Jasmine and Riley don't look or sound anything like each other. It was the same with the Deans.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The families in Hollyoaks have always had different accents. I think that the Costellos (especially the twins) do look rather alike, but they all sound different. Riley sounds Northern, Jas sounds like a Londoner and Seth sounds like he's from Birmingham.

It's also rather strange how nearly everyone in HO looks gorgeous....