Call Of Duty: Black Ops (7)

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags: Black Ops also benefits from more game modes than any of them. The wager matches like one in the chamber are a great laugh. Contracts within the game also add to it as you think how instead of that easy kill. Hey, if I done such and such my contract would pay off.

They seem to have got on top of the PS3 problems now by the looks of it (for the most) and you'll not really notice much now. (it was quite poor at the start of its life though)

....but by far the best COD yet for me.

The single player campaign doesnt do a lot for me though other than one or two good moments but then COD was never that great in that dept.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Ak74u and FAMAS. Both these guns are 100% accurate hip fire. Overpowered in every way.

Oh, that will be why i have a 10.something% accuracy with they Famas then, cheers for that 100% accurate bit of information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that we were playing on PS3, absolutely zero online errors or system faults. It's early days yet, I'll admit, but from what I've seen before people have blown the whole thing far out of proportion. It runs as smoothly as any game I've ever played online.

People online tend to do that with COD (and anything else popular tbh...). They all ripped into MW2 last year and i personally never had a problem with it.
    gillyallan wrote: »
    The single player campaign doesnt do a lot for me though other than one or two good moments but then COD was never that great in that dept.

Really? Back in the day, COD1, 2 and 4 featured brilliant single player campaigns, easily among the best in the FPS genre. I even liked MW2's campaign, regardless of it's nonsensical storyline, it was still incredibly fun to play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BO sp let me down, MW2 & COD4 had good ones, made me buy waw for the sp and then sell it :)

when i think about it, i cant remember the last time i played a wager match
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    People online tend to do that with COD (and anything else popular tbh...). They all ripped into MW2 last year and i personally never had a problem

You've never had a problem so the rest of us are lying ? Is that what you're saying ? At least with Modern Warfare 2 you could get a game. When Black Ops came out I could go entire sessions without finishing a game. The MAJORITY didn't even start. If you were host it froze. The game simply didn't work when it came out.

Now it's 90% of the game it should be after the patches we've had. A few tweaks here & there and it'll be the game it was supposed to be at launch.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Kane wrote: »
    You've never had a problem so the rest of us are lying ? Is that what you're saying ? At least with Modern Warfare 2 you could get a game. When Black Ops came out I could go entire sessions without finishing a game. The MAJORITY didn't even start. If you were host it froze. The game simply didn't work when it came out.

Now it's 90% of the game it should be after the patches we've had. A few tweaks here & there and it'll be the game it was supposed to be at launch.

I dont understand how some people are like my game never freezes etc runs so smooth. Mine certinly dosent and thats even as recent as yesterday with games ending randomly or hard system crashes. The only thing that has improved for me since launch is the speed it finds games. All the other errors remain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I dont understand how some people are like my game never freezes etc runs so smooth. Mine certinly dosent and thats even as recent as yesterday with games ending randomly or hard system crashes. The only thing that has improved for me since launch is the speed it finds games. All the other errors remain.

I assume you have a ps3? There is no problems on the xbox
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is a bit weird. I am now having NO problem on PS3 with black Ops. Maybe the combination of my new PS3, my new router and good ISP is helping, I dont know, or maybe the game modes I am playing etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to get out more.

Ha! Too right.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    due to me imminently getting rid of the ps3 i think ill look for an xbox bundle with this game, played it at xmas on one of my brothers xbox's and played brilliantly online!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine crashed the console just when all the stuff about it breaking PS3 was going around, haven't played it since. Updated to 1.05 the other day and switched it off.

Might wait until the crashing is sorted.
    Forum Member
    You've never had a problem so the rest of us are lying ? Is that what you're saying ?

Read my post again, did i say that you were all liars? No. I said that I have never had a problem (and neither have any of my Xbox playing friends for that matter, apart from the odd lag switcher here and there). I'm sure some people have had problems with the COD games, but some people do like to make mountains out of mole hills, especially on the internet.

Fair enough if you're a PS3 player though, it does sound like its been gimped from the get go.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Ops feels like its been out for ages.

Yawn.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Read my post again, did i say that you were all liars? No. I said that I have never had a problem (and neither have any of my Xbox playing friends for that matter, apart from the odd lag switcher here and there). I'm sure some people have had problems with the COD games, but some people do like to make mountains out of mole hills, especially on the internet.

Fair enough if you're a PS3 player though, it does sound like its been gimped from the get go.

Sorry I didn't realise you were on Xbox. I decided to pick it up for xbox to try and get a game (:D) but local shops were taking the proverbial with the prices. If I could have bought it for £30 I would have but all the locals were £50+ which is a joke.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I didn't realise you were on Xbox. I decided to pick it up for xbox to try and get a game (:D) but local shops were taking the proverbial with the prices. If I could have bought it for £30 I would have but all the locals were £50+ which is a joke.

It's a lot better on Xbox, i've only had a few games so far since getting it (because AC: Brotherhood has been taking over my life, lol), but the games i have had on COD have been perfectly smooth with no connection problems.

I hope you have a better experience with it when you manage to get a non-ridiculously priced copy:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear fellow Digital Spy members following the news and announcements of Call of Duty: Black Ops

I have some rather disturbing news to tell you

Treyarch have a negative value for IQ

They are pleased to announce a DLC for BO, not only a DLC but once again an unfair release schedule towards XBOX. on 1st Feb 2011 (thats 1/2/11 america not 2/1/11 - dumbos) four all-new multiplayer maps including Berlin Wall, Discovery, Stadium, and Kowloon, as well as a new Zombie map called Ascension. will be on sale for Black Ops.

anyway, they must be dumb, they cant fix problems with PS3 versions and then continue to release DLC's regardless, giving xbox a unfair priveledge, cause of its inferiourity.

Source:http://www.callofduty.com/intel/434
    Date of disbelief: 29/12/2010
    Date of epic facepalm to come: 2/1/2011

thank you all and good luck

i may have missed a post like this previously, i just found out and in shock.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Dear fellow Digital Spy members following the news and announcements of Call of Duty: Black Ops

I have some rather disturbing news to tell you

Treyarch have a negative value for IQ

They are pleased to announce a DLC for BO, not only a DLC but once again an unfair release schedule towards XBOX. on 1st Feb 2011 (thats 1/2/11 america not 2/1/11 - dumbos) four all-new multiplayer maps including Berlin Wall, Discovery, Stadium, and Kowloon, as well as a new Zombie map called Ascension. will be on sale for Black Ops.

anyway, they must be dumb, they cant fix problems with PS3 versions and then continue to release DLC's regardless, giving xbox a unfair priveledge, cause of its inferiourity.

Source:http://www.callofduty.com/intel/434
    Date of disbelief: 29/12/2010
    Date of epic facepalm to come: 2/1/2011

thank you all and good luck

i may have missed a post like this previously, i just found out and in shock.:eek:

It will be activision who will be releasing it not treyarch and they come out on xbox360 first as Activion signed a deal with microsoft to relaese all Cod DLC on xbox first, the deal lasts until 2012.

Treyarch will have very little to do with this maps will be already made just ready to be downloaded.

It is shocking that DLC will be available when the ps3 version is broken, but all you can do is vote with your pocket dont get the DLC and dont get the next COD.
    Forum Member
    anyway, they must be dumb, they cant fix problems with PS3 versions and then continue to release DLC's regardless, giving xbox a unfair priveledge, cause of its inferiourity

How is it unfair exactly? It's not like the multiplayer is cross platform and that month will give 360 players an unfair advantage. PS3/PC players get it a month later, big woop. I'm sure you'll all be perfectly fine slagging the core game off for another month while you wait to slag off the DLC...

And besides, this 1 month exclusivity is hardly a new thing, MW2's map packs had the same timed exclusivity.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the DLC either, and if you think the game is that broken then why are you still trying to play it? If i were a PS3 player that was getting plagued by these problems i'd have traded it in and gone back to MW2 or Battlefield by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, Xbox is always given the excluse treatment, which explains all the PS3 problems with a bodged port from xbox. and because of this, the ps3 & pc versions are delayed cause they try to bodge them over.

why can the not get it all right before naming a date and have them all released at the same time, or even a change so xbox is not first with an exclusive?

going back to mw2 on ps3 isnt that simple, there are large groups of campers, boosters, hackers and snipers. although not as bad as xbox hackers etc. its still pretty bad.

treyarch made a shambels of black ops, apparently they are good with patches, so far its been slow and inneffective, but small changes are being applied. im happy to wait it out a bit longer cause ive worked around some connection problems and most others will sit it out a bit longer, but it will be a finite amount of time before it goes if something isnt done, i would postpone the DLC and fix the ps3 version before releasing more content to keep the priviledged xbox owners 'happy'
    Forum Member
    The thing is, Xbox is always given the excluse treatment, which explains all the PS3 problems with a bodged port from xbox. and because of this, the ps3 & pc versions are delayed cause they try to bodge them over.

You can't seriously think that is what's happening. No offense, but posting stuff like that along with the rant about xbox owners getting it first just makes it very hard to take you seriously.

As far as i'm aware the PC version is fine. If you want to blame anyone for BO being dodgy on PS3 then blame the PS3 developers at Treyarch for making a screwed up inferior game, it's not MS's fault. Claiming that Treyarch/Activision would intentionally release a f*cked up game to make another format seem better is just ludicrous. Activision want to make money, regardless of format, and as news of these issues plaguing PS3 owners gets out i'd imagine that it will cost them potential sales, which is obviously not good for them, especially if it causes a severe drop off in PS3 sales for the next COD game.
    why can the not get it all right before naming a date and have them all released at the same time, or even a change so xbox is not first with an exclusive?

Because Microsoft and Activision made a deal (that will have cost MS quite a bit) so that the Xbox would get the DLC first. Quite frankly i'm glad that MS do things like this, it makes it seem like they are actually doing something with our Live subscription money that is benefitting the Live consumer. What would i be paying £40 (RRP) a year for if it were the exact same service as the free PSN on my PS3?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, xbox live is massively better as an online service IMO.

i dont know why but i just cant get used to playstation online. i dont like the way it works, things like game invites etc are a ball ache compared to xbox. although i may just be so used to xbox.

i wouldnt be bothered that MS get the DLC first as id rather have a working game than one with a hundred maps
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    .............. and because of this, the ps3 & pc versions are delayed cause they try to bodge them over.

You think they are intentionally going to 'bodge them over' and thats why they are delayed?

http://blog.franciscocosta.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Played about 10 games tonight on split-screen online, absolutely AMAZING. Both players can choose their own loadouts and the second player even has their own COD points to spend. Also there was someone a few pages back who was worried about it being legalised boosting, but this is actually impossible as you can't play FFA or any non-party game modes, and you're always placed in the same team together.

Spec Ops saved MW2 for me, zombies in World At War, and it looks as though the excellent split-screen online will be the highlight of Black Ops.

It's also worth noting that we were playing on PS3, absolutely zero online errors or system faults. It's early days yet, I'll admit, but from what I've seen before people have blown the whole thing far out of proportion. It runs as smoothly as any game I've ever played online.

how many COD points do you need before you can play wager matches ?

I can play other matches fine, but thinking I have enough COD points ( 10 ) it says I havent enough !!

and can you get the second mike to work ? Its so annoying my friend cant hear what everyone is saying !!!!!!!!!!!

We are too competitive to cheat like some do on One In The Chamber !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i have re-bought the game on xbox today!

looking forward to playing an uninterrupted game :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i have re-bought the game on xbox today!

looking forward to playing an uninterrupted game :D

Best of luck, I'll probably do the same later on PS3. :confused: