Man United Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Apparently Arsne made 8 changes today. 8!

And Hodgson said "we deserved a nil-nil" :eek:

Both Managers are going to get spanked on forums tonight!

I think hodgson is a decent manager but he comes out with some bloody weird statements after games.

No excuse for that performance tonight but the players need to look at themselves too.

Wenger dropped a bollock making all these changes when the players should have been on a high after Monday. However if he'd come away with the 2-1 win it would have been a masterstroke of squad rotation I suppose!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I think hodgson is a decent manager but he comes out with some bloody weird statements after games.

Just before the game ended, he was stood there with a smile on his face, which I thought was a bit odd.

Unless that was what he looks like when he grimaces!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No excuse for that performance tonight but the players need to look at themselves too.

Wenger dropped a bollock making all these changes when the players should have been on a high after Monday. However if he'd come away with the 2-1 win it would have been a masterstroke of squad rotation I suppose!

That is the thing, Roy is just that "decent", nothing flashy, gets on well with the British media, has a good repuatation with them, but as an actual football manager his record isn't really that impressive.
    He over-achived big time getting Fulham to the Europa League final, and on the back of that got the Liverpool job, from where he has just looked out of his depth from day one.

Trying not to be tooo biased here, but it is very difficult to see where they go from here, if they do sack Roy "in the morning", then who do they get as a new manager? Do they write this season off, placate the fans and appoint Kenny Dalglish until the end of the season, and let Commoli deal with the transfer window, or do they get a full-time manager in.

If they go down the latter route, just who would they go for, as anyone not connected with "the Liverpool Way" (like Roy has been seen as), starts off with a minus point against his name straight away,
    There is a prominant manager who is available, but do they really want Big Sam....sorry to go back to Rafa??

I just don't know which manager they would go for, yes it is all right saying, "Sack Roy", that is the easy part, the hard part is getting the right man for the job, who that would be I just don't know.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    They just showed some Liverpool fans at the game holding up a 'Come home Rafa' sign!
  • Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    its brilliant that wenger is resting loads of players, so they drop points now and then when they play city their players will be fresh and ready to spank city. perfect scenario
  • Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davey84 wrote: »
    its brilliant that wenger is resting loads of players, so they drop points now and then when they play city their players will be fresh and ready to spank city. perfect scenario

I like your thinkin :D
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Villa will get POUNDED.

It won't be the performance they gave against us. That's for sure. Their cup final this year has already been played. Time for them to coast along.
    Forum Member
    lets just hope chelsea don't score TOO many, thats all i hope for
  • redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue Moon Rising
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: Villa getting pounded, etc. If this season has shown anything, it's that any result is possible. Apart from us getting beaten of course :)
    Forum Member
    redtux wrote: »
    Blue Moon Rising

i've not seen any evidence of this happening
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been in contact with an ex and found out he's a ST holder at Chelsea. Christ, he must earn a fortune. Perhaps I made a mistake letting that one go :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've not seen any evidence of this happening

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm
    Forum Member
    redtux wrote: »

that just shows united are the favourites to win the title and have a big chance of doing so
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the 'dippers forum they are complaining that 'things are so bad the Mancs aren't even mocking us'. I've left a little message to make them feel better. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that just shows united are the favourites to win the title and have a big chance of doing so

It also shows City in second place. To be honest the table says what it says. You can't ignore the positions you want to just because it suits an argument to do so.

There's very little veracity in what you say if city being in second is not evidence that they're on the up at the moment but United being in first is a good indication that they're title favourites.

It's like sitting down to a meal of jacket potato and beans and remarking that although there are beans on the plate that you see no evidence of spud.
    Forum Member
    City have to get the respect for what they have done so far but you get the feeling that they will always be on the verge of imploding. If find the bid for Dzeko a prime example of a club that genuinely hasn't a clue. It would be a shame to see that level of cluelessness being rewarded with a title. I'm confident it won't be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm annoyed I have more faith in the Liverpool manager than they do. I really though, rivalries aside, thought that they were a grown up club. Not Newcastle. Not a team who after a bad few months will fire the manager.

Do football fans have no long-term vision anymore?

What's worse is calls for King Kenny.

We'll be the same. When Ferguson goes no doubt a lot of our supporters will be calling for Bruce or Hughes or heaven forbid Eric f*****g Cantona to take control.

Embarrassment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is an increased inevitability that Ferguson has earmarked Cleverly for a position in the United team next season. He looks to have shown he can easily cut the mustard in the Premier League and I think he'll be someone Sir Alex will see as an important part of the ongoing redevelopment of the side.

Perhaps this is the reason why he hasn't spent that big?

I can easily see Cleverley getting a place in our first team next season.
    Forum Member
    Cleverley is an excellent prospect. I thought, had he not gone on loan, that he would certainly feature this season. He seems to have all the requirements for us. I'm quite looking forward to seeing how he does and what happens to him from January onwards. I would tend to leave him on loan.

The Liverpool thing is odd. I like Hodgson but I suspect he is a victim of circumstance and is in many ways a dead man walking. He has made a lot of mistakes though. The Dalglish thing makes me genuinely roar with laughter. To be honest either Bruce or cantona managing us actually makes way more sense than dalglish going back into the dugout at Liverpool, and that's saying something!
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is one of my greatest fears that the Glazers will see the appointment of Bruce, Hughes or Keane as a 'return of the conquering hero' type when the time comes to replace SAF. There will be a rump of fans that would see such an appointment as acceptable, but it would put us back 20 years.

The only ex player I would put money on as a future manager would be Ole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »
    It is one of my greatest fears that the Glazers will see the appointment of Bruce, Hughes or Keane as a 'return of the conquering hero' type when the time comes to replace SAF. There will be a rump of fans that would see such an appointment as acceptable, but it would put us back 20 years.

The only ex player I would put money on as a future manager would be Ole.

I'm convinced the Glazer's will leave it entirely down to David Gill. They're good owners in the sense they know they know f*** all about the game and behave accordingly and don't interfere with anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of our silent owners...one of the Glazer's have just splashed on a £6m house...

...no doubt with money that doesn't exist *cough*
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway onto more chearful news, today is Sir Fergie's birthday, many thanks for all of the memories. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    City have to get the respect for what they have done so far but you get the feeling that they will always be on the verge of imploding. If find the bid for Dzeko a prime example of a club that genuinely hasn't a clue. It would be a shame to see that level of cluelessness being rewarded with a title. I'm confident it won't be.

Why - As far as I can see he is exactly the player we need - RSC not good enough and Adebayor too lazy.

Perfect player for the crosses of Johnson and Silva so whats the problem?
This discussion has been closed.