2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Zayn is signed to Syco - so no way

I don't think anyone realistically thinks Zayn would do it now anyway even if he managed to break free from Syco....if he dislikes fame as much as he says then doing another high profile reality show isn't the best move....maybe in a few years time if decides he wants to make a comeback.

I can't say I'm too thrilled about the Angie Best rumour. The BBC really know how to whet our appetite don't they? First Robbie Williams' wife, then Twitter selfie woman and erm...Adrian Chiles and now Angie Best. Having said that surely Angie Best is a better bet than Twitter selfie woman? I've only seen her on TV once and that was way back in the 80s and while I wouldn't say I was overly impressed with her, she did strike me as a very confident woman, so hopefully she won't be the 'me nerves' type of WAG....which brings me to another point..her main famous connection, her ex, is dead so there's no chance of all the tedious name dropping - I suppose they will be name dropping Samantha Womack and her z lister son but I don't think it'll be as bad if she was still married to someone famous. I don't know much about her other than she was a model and she's had a career as a personal trainer - I think she's very much one of the original WAGS who by her famous association gained a bigger media profile in the late 70s and 80s. I'm guessing if she does it she'll be billed as a 'model' and perhaps 'business woman' like Jo Wood.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxer Natasha Jonas has announced her retirement and interviewed by BBC News today has said that her mind is turning to new challenges. Maybe SCD is one of them.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'll have a punt on Jermaine Jenas - not officially retired but currently a free agent football wise, currently doing a fair bit of punditry work for the Beeb.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I'll have a punt on Jermaine Jenas - not officially retired but currently a free agent football wise, currently doing a fair bit of punditry work for the Beeb.

And a channel 4 reality show :)
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And making a pretty good job of it, too, in my 'umble opinion.

I'd like to see him on Strictly - young, fit, nice looking and very personable. :)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Gymnast Lisa Mason?

Britain's No.1 gymnast in the late 1990's. Double Commonwealth gold medallist. Retired in 2000 but started again in 2013 without any funding and has reached a high level, but unlikely to reach the very high level of the current British team.

Now 33 y.o. she would probably learn the dancing very fast.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e15/10706971_608556232589235_571094153_n.jpg

I may have underestimated Lisa.

One of my hopefuls for this year, she is still improving so much she has been invited to train with the National Team. That makes this year's Strictly less likely - maybe next year?

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/other-sport/olympian-lisa-is-a-comeback-queen-1-6688607?utm_content=bufferb1774&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Could Dermot do it now he's been sacked?

He did Dancing Dermot for Sport Relief as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he competed this year.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    He did Dancing Dermot for Sport Relief as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he competed this year.

Dermot said he wouldn't because if you cut him open his veins would still bleed X Factor. What a ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if been mentioned before but Steph McGovern from BBC breakfast is a strong poss, she was at live show in Blackpool. Big fan of the show and eager to do SCD .
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Apparently, British Bollywood star Amy Jackson has been approached, along with (always the bridesmaid) Joe McElderry, Angie Best and Adrian Chiles.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/amy-jackson-next-scouse-beauty-9068300
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Apparently, British Bollywood star Amy Jackson has been approached, along with (always the bridesmaid) Joe McElderry, Angie Best and Adrian Chiles.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/amy-jackson-next-scouse-beauty-9068300

Methinks someone has been reading this thread !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Methinks someone has been reading this thread !!

How do you work that out? ALL of those names (bar Amy) have appeared in other newspapers previously ... none of them originated here? It's quite common for Strictly articles to feature aggregates of rumoured names, nothing to do with this forum.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    How do you work that out? ALL of those names (bar Amy) have appeared in other newspapers previously ... none of them originated here? It's quite common for Strictly articles to feature aggregates of rumoured names, nothing to do with this forum.

Yes but the names from newspapers get collated here by forum posters - all in one place.
    So a journalist doesn't even have to bother clicking on more than one website.

Unfortunately we live in a media dominated by "copy and paste" instead of "proper" journalism.

The Amy story I quite like - someone who is big in another market but largely unheard of in the UK
    Not sure if been mentioned before but Steph McGovern from BBC breakfast is a strong poss, she was at live show in Blackpool. Big fan of the show and eager to do SCD .

Steph McGovern from BBC Breakfast gets mentioned a lot, but is a former Champion Irish Dancer, who apparently still coaches and teaches (according to her wikipedia page).
    Might be one for the Xmas show, but too much of a ringer for the main show probably
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Steph McGovern from BBC Breakfast gets mentioned a lot, but is a former Champion Irish Dancer, who apparently still coaches and teaches (according to her wikipedia page).
    Might be one for the Xmas show, but too much of a ringer for the main show probably
    Considering they've had contestants who have danced in the West End, trained as dancers, have latin dancing on their CV, have competed in ballroom competitions and have actually been trained by Strictly pros in the past, I don't think someone being trained in Irish dancing is going to worry them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I wonder if someone like Sharon Davies would do it or would it conflict with her sports presenting career? She's a mature woman who has the physical fitness for the show. It would be great to have a mature female celeb who doesn't come from the showbiz world.
  • Options
    Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone like Sharon Davies would do it or would it conflict with her sports presenting career? She's a mature woman who has the physical fitness for the show. It would be great to have a mature female celeb who doesn't come from the showbiz world.

Judy Murray
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Didn't she do Dancing on Ice?
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Didn't she do Dancing on Ice?

Yeah she did, and she was rubbish! No thanks to her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Jon Snow (the newsreader, not the GoT characters) out of the realms of possibility? He'd be fabulous.

I'm still pretty convinced we'll see Zoella too.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the show will be great, but all these suggested names so far are really not impressing me much... very few I've heard of, and probably none I'd be hyped up for. Last year I was excited about seeing Pixie, Frankie, Scott, Jake, Simon, Caroline, Steve and Tim - that will be hard to live up to for me personally!

That said, I often find myself growing to like people on shows like this so even if I don't know who anyone is I'll probably still end up enjoying it! :)
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As said before, she's already done DOI and she came across very poorly tbh - very little personality and just generally a cold fish. She did come in for some unnecessarily vile comments from Jason Gardiner, but I think she may have been a bit of a diva behind the scenes because even Christopher Dean couldn't hide his disdain for her.

I would like to see a woman from sports background who had a chance of winning - Judy Murray was an interesting signing and she came across well but she couldn't dance, same with Victoria Pendleton. It would be great if they could get a sports woman that had a great personality and can actually dance. I'd love to see a sports woman win strictly one day - we've had 3 sportsmen win but no sportswoman win yet - it would make a change from the usual media/show biz type that have so far won.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member

*sigh* I know Zoella's probably the biggest (most subscribed) British YouTuber, but she'd be an almost carbon copy of DWTS' Bethany Mota (female fashion and beauty YouTuber) - I'd prefer someone like Emma Blackery, or (personal dream :D) Dan Howell (danisnotonfire) or Phil Lester (AmazingPhil), who are also BBC Radio 1 hosts, so also have a BBC connection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After seeing her on GBBO for Comic Relief, I really hope not.
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I would like to see a woman from sports background who had a chance of winning - Judy Murray was an interesting signing and she came across well but she couldn't dance, same with Victoria Pendleton. It would be great if they could get a sports woman that had a great personality and can actually dance. I'd love to see a sports woman win strictly one day - we've had 3 sportsmen win but no sportswoman win yet - it would make a change from the usual media/show biz type that have so far won.
    Yes, it would make a nice change. Unfortunately, a lot of female sportswomen don't seem to be very graceful - an ice skater or gymnast would probably be the best bet, but then you get the ringer tags or 'lack of personality' problems that Louis had and that Beth Tweddle had on DOI. The only one I can think of who could maybe overcome those would be Jayne Torvill as her age might balance the ringer thing in viewers minds?

After seeing her on The Jump, I can imagine Louise Hazel doing SCD and being pretty good, but she has exactly the sort of personality that seems to put off voters. I think Amy Williams would be very likeable, but she doesn't look like she'd be able to let go in the latin dances. I can't think of many female sportswomen who would have the right combination of personality and dance talent to win. Then again, I never thought someone like Abbey Clancy would get the votes to win, so maybe voters are changing.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    After seeing her on GBBO for Comic Relief, I really hope not.

Yes, it would make a nice change. Unfortunately, a lot of female sportswomen don't seem to be very graceful - an ice skater or gymnast would probably be the best bet, but then you get the ringer tags or 'lack of personality' problems that Louis had and that Beth Tweddle had on DOI. The only one I can think of who could maybe overcome those would be Jayne Torvill as her age might balance the ringer thing in viewers minds?

After seeing her on The Jump, I can imagine Louise Hazel doing SCD and being pretty good, but she has exactly the sort of personality that seems to put off voters. I think Amy Williams would be very likeable, but she doesn't look like she'd be able to let go in the latin dances. I can't think of many female sportswomen who would have the right combination of personality and dance talent to win. Then again, I never thought someone like Abbey Clancy would get the votes to win, so maybe voters are changing.
    I'm a big fan of Torvill & Dean but even I would have to admit they'd be the ultimate ringers if one or both of them were to do Strictly, despite their age possibly balancing that out. Their skating discipline is ice dance, which is based on ballroom and latin on dance, and they received extensive training in ballroom and latin during their competitive days because of that. Their Paso Doble and Rumba are regarded as the definitive versions of those dances on ice. They've also done some amazing tangos over the years. Every other contestant who already had a dance background prior to doing Strictly, had their dance training in other genres, not in latin and/or ballroom. They did Strictly for Children in Need a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure they could be justified signings for the full series, no matter how much the producers would probably love to set them competing against each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Torvill & Dean but even I would have to admit they'd be the ultimate ringers if one or both of them were to do Strictly, despite their age possibly balancing that out. Their skating discipline is ice dance, which is based on ballroom and latin on dance, and they received extensive training in ballroom and latin during their competitive days because of that. Their Paso Doble and Rumba are regarded as the definitive versions of those dances on ice. They've also done some amazing tangos over the years. Every other contestant who already had a dance background prior to doing Strictly, had their dance training in other genres, not in latin and/or ballroom. They did Strictly for Children in Need a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure they could be justified signings for the full series, no matter how much the producers would probably love to set them competing against each other.
    You're probably right. I realise she'd have a massive head start in the ballroom/lyrical dances, but would that also apply to latin such as samba or salsa? I don't know much about ice dance, but I've never seen much in terms of hip action etc. in the ones I have seen. I think the papers would play up the ringer thing as usual, but it would be interesting to see what viewers thought. They seem to justify it if the contestant has a likeable personality. The ringers who got the most flak, like Natalie and Denise, didn't come across as particularly warm, whereas Jayne Torvill doesn't seem like she'd have that problem. I know DWTS viewers voted for Meryl Davis to win, but they seem to have a very different attitude to ringers.