Comments

• BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's definitely an awesome Doctor imo.
    I'm loving him more each week.
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,261
    Forum Member
    I agree, Peter Capaldi is an awesome doctor. He's my favourite incarnation of the doctor, and his character really appeals to me. Long may he reign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I like Capaldi as the Doctor. I would, however, like to see him have a series without any 11th Doctor-era baggage. No more cameos by Matt Smith. No more Matt Smith look-a-likes. No more lizard gang. No more mentions of Amy or River.

Instead I want to see the 12th Doctor with a new companion and new friends, give him a chance to really shine without any encumbrances from the Matt Smith days.

To be clear, I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor but he and the 11th Doctor are gone now and I'd like to see some new and fresh people and concepts for Capaldi's Doctor.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Capaldi is good but, as the 'Mummy' episode showed, he needs good stories! When the story is good, when the script gives him the chance to shine, then he's fantastic.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I feel a need to post here again following reading all the negativity on certain other threads.

For me Capaldi can do no wrong - he is perfect in the role.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    I've just voted for Peter Capaldi as The Doctor in the National Television Awards. Hopefully he'll win :D
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I feel a need to post here again following reading all the negativity on certain other threads.

For me Capaldi can do no wrong - he is perfect in the role.

I used to post on a forum where all of the members, besides myself and one other person, really didn't like the twelfth doctor. They'd call him old, ugly, nasty, unlikable - and were just really horrible, basically.

So yeah, I've seen how nasty and negative some fans can be, which is why it's nice to see positive threads like this one. Even though it sucks when people are nasty to my new favorite incarnation of the doctor, if anything, it just makes me like twelve even more.
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I've just voted for Peter Capaldi as The Doctor in the National Television Awards. Hopefully he'll win :D

I hope he wins too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Capaldi is perhaps one of the most intellectual, precise but also unnerving Doctors in the shows reign. He truly is fantastic, not a bad performance to date. He makes you scared of the villainy that takes place in each episode. Takes a lot to do that.
    Forum Member
    I hope he wins too.

Here's the link if you want to vote too. You don't have to vote in every category.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I think it is rather fitting that with a new set of regenerations, the Doctor has 're-booted' to smething closer to the persona of a 'Classic' Doctor, and Capaldi is nailing it.
    Interesting.
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    I like Capaldi as the Doctor. I would, however, like to see him have a series without any 11th Doctor-era baggage. No more cameos by Matt Smith. No more Matt Smith look-a-likes. No more lizard gang. No more mentions of Amy or River.

Instead I want to see the 12th Doctor with a new companion and new friends, give him a chance to really shine without any encumbrances from the Matt Smith days.

To be clear, I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor but he and the 11th Doctor are gone now and I'd like to see some new and fresh people and concepts for Capaldi's Doctor.

I agree with this: it was bad enough when series two had Tennants Doctor harping on about Rose - I felt sorry for Freema and her character Martha.

I must admit, I did have a slight wobble about Capaldi's Doctor - but the recent Mummy episode quashed that. He's an excellent Doctor and I hope he continues for some several years.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie Piper agrees
    Billie Piper has praised Peter Capaldi’s Doctor and admitted it would have been brilliant to star alongside his incarnation.

Piper told the Radio Times: “I love Peter Capaldi [in Doctor Who], I think he’s perfect. If he’d been my Doctor that would have been brilliant.”
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a slow start, I'm beginning to warm to Capaldi now. He has elements of Tom Baker in him which I like.
    Forum Member
    Here's the link if you want to vote too. You don't have to vote in every category.

Voted. Doctor Who for best drama, and Peter Capaldi for best drama performance.
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I think it is rather fitting that with a new set of regenerations, the Doctor has 're-booted' to smething closer to the persona of a 'Classic' Doctor, and Capaldi is nailing it.
    Interesting.

I'm not that familiar with the classic era, so I can't really compare the two, but I prefer twelve to the previous new series doctors. I liked nine and ten too, but I like twelve more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member

Thanks for the link! Voted in almost every category and was honest in my Doctor Who and Capaldi vote. I hope they both win.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Billie Piper agrees

Bit of a kick in the stones for Eccleston :D
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    I'm not that familiar with the classic era, so I can't really compare the two, but I prefer twelve to the previous new series doctors. I liked nine and ten too, but I like twelve more.

I'm not overly familiar myself but I find myself reminded of An Adventure in Space and Time, the recent BBC dramatisation of the birth of Doctor Who in which David Bradley played a gruff William Hartnell/First Doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It amuses me when people say 12 is joyless or never smiles.

It's a great subject for a compilation video at the end of the series.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it a bit ironic that they constantly complain that he is miserable.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    A wiggle of those eyebrows whilst offering jelly babies from an elegant looking cigarette case had me properly..yep The Doctor, amongst many moments, this stands out!

My phone crashed so will resume here on pc proper...

He has the same nuance of past doctors, Peter Capaldi carries it off brilliantly...I can believe he has been the doctors in the past, although his (rei)ncarnation is darker, more insecure and very different of course..and visitng an unfamiliar path after being damaged by the events at Trenzalore...he is finding himself, slowly. And I think he hopes Clara can ultimately underdstand this albeit on his part subconciously..

I may be talking mince to most, but this is my opinion. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Firegazer's smiling compilation, I decided that the only way to revive my YouTube channel was with Peter Capaldi being an awesome Doctor
    Forum Member

They've not been looking properly then. He's not constantly miserable, and he has a lovely twinkle in his eye at times. I think I love him more each episode :blush:
    Forum Member
    After Firegazer's smiling compilation, I decided that the only way to revive my YouTube channel was with Peter Capaldi being an awesome Doctor

Brilliant compilation of clips. He really is an awesome Doctor :D