The Beatles: The Night That Changed America - A Grammy Salute

1235»

Comments

• Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Top class musicianship. Couldn't stand Annie Lennox though. Jeff Lynne and joe Walsh were brilliant. Should have been on peak time instead of the usual rubbish.

Couldn't agree more! When will they learn, eh?
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more! When will they learn, eh?

I don't understand. Annie Lennox is a classically trained singer.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this - especially the historical clips and old photos and Paul and Ringo, "shooting the breeze" as they say, with David Letterman. I thought it was well done, although agree some of the covers were lacking (not Annie's best!) However as long as you're a massive fan of the music, it was easy to overlook and sing along too. I hadn't appreciated it was George's son playing with Jeff.

By far the best bit for me was about 102 minutes onwards with the Ringo and Paul medley! Still sounding great. Just thinking, I bet the Beatles wallpaper I used to have in my bedroom would be worth a bob or too now :p
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does Annie lennox not own any other ****ing t-shirts
    Haha :D.
  • margohmargoh Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Repeated last night on BBC3. Loved the show but was very surprised to hear Paul McCartney himself refer to his childhood home as "20 Forthlin Road, Speke", when it's in Allerton!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't seen it before last night.
    Brilliant show!
    Hard to pick highlights, but (apart from Paul and Ringo, of course!), the Joe Walsh/Gary Clark Jr./Dave Grohl 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' was top class.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't seen it before last night.
    Brilliant show!
    Hard to pick highlights, but (apart from Paul and Ringo, of course!), the Joe Walsh/Gary Clark Jr./Dave Grohl 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' was top class.

I didn't realise it was on as I've never seen it before. I missed a huge chunk and can only hope it will be repeated. George Harrison's son is the double of his father and I must admit George was my favourite. I also love The Travelling Wilburys, mainly because of George :)
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margoh wrote: »
    Repeated last night on BBC3. Loved the show but was very surprised to hear Paul McCartney himself refer to his childhood home as "20 Forthlin Road, Speke", when it's in Allerton!

Haha, I noticed that too. He lived in Speke before moving there so I think he got a bit muddled up for a second. :D

I thought Annie Lennox did a brilliant version of Fool On The Hill , I'm surprised she's getting criticised for it here. Oh well, opinions and all that.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margoh wrote: »

Wow, the rights to this moved from ITV to BBC very quickly! Or do you mean ITV3?
  • billykubrickbillykubrick Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I noticed that too. He lived in Speke before moving there so I think he got a bit muddled up for a second. :D

I thought Annie Lennox did a brilliant version of Fool On The Hill , I'm surprised she's getting criticised for it here. Oh well, opinions and all that.

Annie Lennox was the best artist on, apart from Paul and Ringo of course. You could see McCartney really enjoyed her performance too.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People clapping and singing along to Hey Jude, time to switch off.

I never want to hear this dirge again. >:(