Options

According To Heat The Standby Host Is....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Dermot O'leary of course..who else would it be!? :rolleyes:

They're claiming the show will end in "the second half of August" by which time Davina will be ready to drop. Dermot therefore will be on standby.

Comments

• Options
    FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Oh, crap.

I'll just pray that Davina holds on for the last few weeks of her pregnancy. Or misses one or two evictions, gives birth, and makes it back for the finale. :p
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think dermot would be great - let him have a stab at 'the big one' :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Dermot O'leary of course..who else would it be!? :rolleyes:

They're claiming the show will end in "the second half of August" by which time Davina will be ready to drop. Dermot therefore will be on standby.

"ready to drop"? LOL. There are so few true romantics on this forum. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yipee!!!! I'm glad. Especially after some of those other names that were put forth when we had a thread on it awhile back :eek:
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot's lovely and deserves the gig after all his work on BBLB - preferable to Davina and her screeching IMHO :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    cool he probably is the next best thing , so is it very likely davina wont be there because she will be giving birth?
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JenniTH wrote:
    Yipee!!!! I'm glad. Especially after some of those other names that were put forth when we had a thread on it awhile back :eek:

Was the Creepy Cromer Crimper Craig's name also in the frame :eek: :eek: :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JenniTH wrote:
    Not all of the names mentioned were bad. Liza Tarbuck would've been brilliant.

But actually, thinking about it, I'd rather it wasn't someone new and a female, so Dermot will do. Then there'll definitely be no job stealing going on and Davina can return in all her fabulous glory the following year and Dermy can sod off back to BBLB. Er, I mean return to BBLB. To chat to wonderful guests like Jenni TH. :o

*good save*
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    JenniTH wrote:

Me too - Dermot's great! I'd like to see him move away from BBLB unless they can revamp the formula and let him have something to get his teeth into :D
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question is, will Dermott toe the £ndemol line as Davina does?

I'm sure he won't show his dislike of a contestant to their faces as much as Davina does, making an interview sometimes painfull to watch

If only BBLB was more .... 'watchable'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tomorrow wrote:
    The question is, will Dermott toe the £ndemol line as Davina does?

I'm sure he won't show his dislike of a contestant to their faces as much as Davina does, making an interview sometimes painfull to watch

If only BBLB was more .... 'watchable'
    Please! Dermot's worse than Davina when it comes to toeing the Endemol line. You can even sometimes make out the strings when the lighting's right in the BBLB studio's. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    let dermot do it- he's much more people friendly than davina- she must be about 40 by now- she's like an annoying auntie who thinks she knows best
    dermot is a people person
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she must be about 40 by now
    Yeah. You're right. Good point, well made. Let's just box off all the 'old' presenters to the Old Presenters Retirement Home. Although about 75% of the presenters on telly will have to be sent off with her, but oh well.

She's 38 by the way. :)
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a relief......Vanessa Feltz name was being bandied about, at one point. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let dermot do it- he's much more people friendly than davina- she must be about 40 by now- she's like an annoying auntie who thinks she knows best
    dermot is a people person
    Oh my god.......it's time she was in an old folks home in that case. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i must be one of the only people who like davina then, i think shes fab!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll bet you that on the occasions that Dermot agrees with The Royal You - he's "finally comes to his senses" - then the second he doesn't he's "toeing the Endemol line" :mad:
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No big surprise, though if Davina will have to pull out mid-series I'd rather see a replacement host the entire series - certainly from the point of view of the contact they have with the HMs.

Davina being on maternity though will give us the chance to see someone else get a chance - with the viewers safe in the knowledge Davina will be back - and I've always wanted to see how Dermot would handle the gig.

However, currently Little Brother is the weak link in the Big Brother portfolio - and I don't think Dermot would be hugely missed if someone else stepped in.

I've said before I think Liza Tarbuck would be a brilliant choice to step in to Davina's shoes, while T4's Steve Jones would do well with BBLB and bring some much needed new life to the format.

I'm also sick of Marcus Bentley's over narration of the show and wouldn't really mind seeing him go - only Russell is irreplacable at the moment IMO!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No big surprise, though if Davina will have to pull out mid-series I'd rather see a replacement host the entire series - certainly from the point of view of the contact they have with the HMs.

Davina being on maternity though will give us the chance to see someone else get a chance - with the viewers safe in the knowledge Davina will be back - and I've always wanted to see how Dermot would handle the gig.

However, currently Little Brother is the weak link in the Big Brother portfolio - and I don't think Dermot would be hugely missed if someone else stepped in.

I've said before I think Liza Tarbuck would be a brilliant choice to step in to Davina's shoes, while T4's Steve Jones would do well with BBLB and bring some much needed new life to the format.

I'm also sick of Marcus Bentley's over narration of the show and wouldn't really mind seeing him go - only Russell is irreplacable at the moment IMO!
    As someone who has seen a highlight programme without Marcus trust me he is the absolute last person who can be allowed to leave. BB without Marcus would be like BB without the eye - just doesn't work :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh no marcus bentley has to stay! it wouldnt be the same without him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrAsH69 wrote:
    oh no marcus bentley has to stay! it wouldnt be the same without him!
    Oh i'm with you there............ :)
  • Options
    Energy ArrowEnergy Arrow Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But does Marcus have to tell us that "Vanessa, Orlaith and Makosi are in the toilet", "Anthony is staring into space","Craig sits in the kitchen" etc before each and every single event for no reason whatsoever? :eek: :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes i think he does LOL it makes it big brother :D
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But does Marcus have to tell us that "Vanessa, Orlaith and Makosi are in the toilet", "Anthony is staring into space","Craig sits in the kitchen" etc before each and every single event for no reason whatsoever? :eek: :confused:

The man clearly loves the sound of his own voice :rolleyes:. I think he's good but he over-does it at times :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrAsH69 wrote:
    i must be one of the only people who like davina then, i think shes fab!

I like her too, the show wouldn't feel the same without her presenting.

What people don't usually get is that Davina's us. She's a BB fan.

Dermott's the perfect stand-by since he's got loads of BB experience and he'll be following the show from the start too.