Boyzone - new single and album details

chimpochimpo Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭
Boyzone will release a new single on 1st March with an album to follow on 8th March. Ronan debued the new single on his radio show, on Magic this afternoon. More details here.

Anyone heard it yet?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7kolA0ll0Q

wee steo singin on it..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, that first line sung by Stephen - "I will learn to live before I die" - I'm going to be sobbing everytime I hear this on the radio!
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Steo :(

Love the song x
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually couldn't care for Boyzone but it's a really nice song, and poignant considering the situation. Credit to Mika too for the lyrics.
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the new single

In a recent interview with Shane, he said Mikey's had a lot more to do with this album and all I can say is it's about time.Very underated and perhaps the most musically talented member - but he seems to be finally taking his turn in the spotlight at the moment. Looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Mikey...his solo album was brilliant and unfortunate it didnt get the success it deserved.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats quite a nice tune.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Glitter03 wrote: »
    I agree about Mikey...his solo album was brilliant and unfortunate it didnt get the success it deserved.

Mikey had a solo album?!
    i didnt know that :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really sad but the official video brought a wee tear to my eye :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY6D8p9CU8c
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xjulezyx wrote: »
    really sad but the official video brought a wee tear to my eye :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY6D8p9CU8c

That is very sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I first heard it on Magic when Ronan and Mikey introduced it, ever since then I have been humming the chorus. Stephen sounds really good on here and that first line floors me every time....

Lets all get it to No 1 for Steo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikey had a solo album?!
    i didnt know that :confused:

Yes, was released around the same time as Stephen's solo album. It was called Meet Me Halfway :)

Saw the video today, very sad and i know i will prob be crying everytime i see it :(
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to say, was really skeptical (sp??) about this song and video before I heard it, but just saw the video and it was really moving and I thought the song was beautiful, much better than a lot of boyzone stuff
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice tribute to him but to be quite honest, I don't like the song. I think it's very poor. It'll do well because of the grief factor.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    It's a nice tribute to him but to be quite honest, I don't like the song. I think it's very poor. It'll do well because of the grief factor.

My thoughts too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    My thoughts too.

It's not even being released till March so I don't agree the 'grief factor' will have much to do with anything.

I actually think it's a pretty good track myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It's a beautiful song , hope it gets to number one
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good song actually, it's a bit less cheesy than their old songs, but still Boyzone-ish. Not the best song in the world, but it's nice. :)

Lovely video too, you can see how much they all want Stephen to be involved with the single/album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The song is actually written by Mika :D
    I hope it gets to number one and shows this Mika hating country that he IS a decent song writer and will stop taking the piss out of him all the time!
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewokwicket wrote: »
    The song is actually written by Mika :D
    I hope it gets to number one and shows this Mika hating country that he IS a decent song writer and will stop taking the piss out of him all the time!

The song is perfect for Boyzone and I am sure - in fact I know - Mika was only too glad to let the band have it particularly in the tragic circumstances.

As a Mika fan too, I wouldn't want to hear Mika himself release it as it's definitely not his finest work :o, but Stephen's vocals really suit the song, and I genuinely hope it does very well as a tribute to Stephen and for the sake of Boyzone fans and the rest of the band.
  • hotpotatohotpotato Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most cynical and desperate release of this decade already. Breathtakingly bad taste but anything to get back in the public consciousness eh, guys?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    rachelgata wrote: »
    The song is perfect for Boyzone and I am sure - in fact I know - Mika was only too glad to let the band have it particularly in the tragic circumstances.

As a Mika fan too, I wouldn't want to hear Mika himself release it as it's definitely not his finest work :o, but Stephen's vocals really suit the song, and I genuinely hope it does very well as a tribute to Stephen and for the sake of Boyzone fans and the rest of the band.

I agree, I wouldn't want to see Mika release it either as although he has written it, it isn't his typical kind of song imo and I don't think he ever would. Did you know he writes lots of songs for people under different names? He's quite successful at it but not many people know that.
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hotpotato wrote: »
    The most cynical and desperate release of this decade already. Breathtakingly bad taste but anything to get back in the public consciousness eh, guys?.

I would argue that it's you who is cynical here :confused:.

Boyzone actually wanted to record this very song over two years ago. For some reason, Mika didn't want to give them the song at that time, possibly a dispute over royalties was involved.
    Stephen Gately recorded the vocals for the song last summer, and Boyzone were still hoping to include the song in their album.
    When Stephen died, the band felt they would still like to release the song, as they all loved it and loved Stephen's vocal. And Mika gave them the go ahead.
    (disclaimer: these are the facts as I understand them, that's all.)

How is that cynical? I don't get it. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where they are sitting round the table and there is an empty chair is really poignant!

nice tune!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The flashback clips, especially the ones with Stephen and Shane together, nearly made me cry. They were obviously really close. I've always been a big Boyzone fan so I love the song. But my only complaint is the reggae-style beat that comes in part way through, I'd rather they'd used strings instead. Still a good song though - it really gets into your head after a few listens.