Metro - 10 EastEnders characters we’d like to see make a return to Albert Square

2»

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle will never return...

Chrissie on the other hand?
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sullivan - Hell Yes! Unfinished business with so many characters. Phil, Carol, Bianca. Plus a feud with David would be very exciting.

Lisa Fowler - It would be tempting. Reinvent her as a more stronger character as well as bringing Louise back in.

Chrissie Watts - A guest stint only for Sharon & Chrissie to really have words with each other. Or an alternative would be to have her be Dan's secret wife and them two running the vic together.

Zoe Slater - Given Michelle's lack of work (I think) coming in, A trip back to Walford might be a smart idea.

Michelle Fowler - Nah. Too little too late now.

Simon Wicks - I would be up for this really. New family introduced with him would be good to watch.

Nick Cotton - Bring him back with better stories would be nice.

Den Watts - Really?

Stacey Slater - Another five or so years wouldn't hurt before bringing her back home.

Grant Mitchell - Hell Yes!!! My favourite character in EE. Plus a recasted Courtney too.

OTHER POTIENTAL RETURNS TOO

Diane Butcher - Janine needs some family around her

Zsa Zsa Carter - A character with bags of potential, who could easily return for a guest appearance.

Vicki Fowler - for a guest appearance only.

Harold Legg - Guest appearances

Sal Martin - Guest Appearances

Ben Mitchell - Unfinished business in the Square.

Glenda Mitchell - Great character with bags of potential left in her.

Jake Moon - Arguably one of EE's more underrated characters.

Paul Trueman - What if he faked his death all along?
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom wrote: »
    Not so much a return because they weren't really seen 'on screen' but the person I'd like to see walk through the doors is Mark Fowler (JUNIOR) - Michelle's son, spawn of Grant!

I'd really like to see him turn up on Sharon's doorstep (giving her something to do, dealing with the dodgy 18 year old), and get inadvertently in trouble with some dodgy characters - realising the kid is in for a beating, Sharon is forced to turn to Phil for help. Say Mark damaged the Arches etc - Phil asks Sharon if she can give one good reason why she should help a member of the Fowler family - she tells him that Mark isn't just a Fowler - he's half Mitchell too!

Cue Phil rushing to Mark Jnrs aid - and a reunion with Dad-he-never-knew - Grant (probably off screen in Portugal).

Either way could be great television pulling on established popular characters and past storylines.

I do agree it would be nice to re-visit Grant's secret child, and I do think, if Ross Kemp ever returns to the show for a period of time, this may well just happen. Though I would be very cautious about adding another teen to an already overflowing bucket, especially when you just know he'll be played by an underwear model.

There is no space for this type of character now. He's unneeded and would only do the show harm. But maybe in a few years when the teen take over has (hopefully!!!) calmed down, I reckon this could be a brilliant storyline if done properly. To do it super properly, we'd need Michelle back, but I doubt she'll ever return.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa
    Zsa Zsa
    Sean
    2007/08 Ronnie (:p)
    Carly
    Grant
    Diane
    Chrissie (to wrap up story)
    Chelsea
    Deano

Carly and Deano weren't the strongest characters but for the sake of giving Shirley more foundation then sure. Chelsea for Denise/Patrick as well.
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Will be happy to see David Wicks returning that is if he still is? Michelle and her now grown up daughter Vicky.
    The one character that I have always missed that went out of the soap it was either in the late eighties or the early nineties was Sue Osman who ran the café with her hubbie Ally.I wish they would come back or just sue on her own with her grown up son but I can't see that ever happening.