We knew all along....

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
Forum Member
✭✭✭
...That Cameron would not be able to stop Junker (now looking a dead cert) becoming President nor any kind of EU reform.

Who was he trying to kid thinking that either would seriously happen? The loyalist Tories and the gullible?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2665935/Cameron-facing-double-defeat-Europe-Brussels-ignores-renegotiation-plan-prepares-appoint-Juncker-president.html
The Prime Minister is expected to lose his fight to stop the hardline pro EU candidate Jean-Claude Juncker becoming the next European Council President. A vote of EU leaders on Friday is expected to rubber stamp his appointment.
But in a second setback, it has emerged today that Mr Cameron's plan for a widespread overhaul of Britain's relationship with Brussels has not been included in a list of the EU's 'priorities' for the next five years.
In a separate conversation Pawel Gras, the Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk's media spokesperson reveals that Mr Cameron was given a dressing down over attacks on Polish immigrants claiming benefits.

Mr Gras: 'The whole thing was stupid. Donald called him at once to discuss it, he had such a go at him, I mean f*** it’s a shame we didn't record it, he had a such a proper f****** go at him.

The conversations allegedly took place at some point this Spring.

Finance Minister Jacek Rostowski said: '[Cameron] thinks he’ll go renegotiate and come back, no Polish government could agree to it. Except in return for a mountain of gold.'

The Foreign Minister Mr Sikorski replied: 'It's either a very badly thought through move, or, not for the first time a kind of incompetence in European affairs. Remember? He f***** up the fiscal pact. He f***** it up. Simple as that.

Considering the amount of Polish already here in the UK, would say he has already had his "mountain of Gold".
'I think it’ll be the case that [Cameron] will lose the elections. Great Britain will leave. Once they do, they’ll keep open borders. Not for [gypsy] beggars…'

Well hoping that Borders will be tightened up considerably....

Comments

• deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these countries that say they will never negotiate, what will they do if we leave, they will be left with nothing?
  • Rick_DavisRick_Davis Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camerons posturing and arguments have been purely for internal UK political consumption. We know he's not the sharpest tool in the box, but even he knows that Junker is a dead cert.

After UKIPs massive gains ( at cost to all parties) in the euro elections Cameron needs to be seen as leading a party that will at least tackle any questions over further European integration. We know the LibDems are all in, we know that Labour are almost all in, the Tories are almost all in with conditions and UKIP are f*You we want a say.

It's internal posturing and expect some kind of referendum talk from Labour as the election gets closer.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    He knew he would lose, but he's gambling he can profit from the indignation.
  • jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these countries that say they will never negotiate, what will they do if we leave, they will be left with nothing?

Scotland will give two fingers to that EGO in chief Cameron for backing the Bitter Together campaign smearing the Yes vote by saying Scotland will never get in the EU.

Looks Like voting "NO " will also not get you in the EU..

Cameron is dangerous interfering loose canon with no agenda except getting his photo in the right places and his nose in the wrong ones.

He has upset just about every one he comes in contact with, diplomatically incorrect.
  • jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knew he would lose, but he's gambling he can profit from the indignation.

walks into Europe telling them how its gonna be.........comes home tail between his legs with the elected president a sworn enemy .

what a way to ensure that GREAT BRITAIN sits in the seat of favour.

egotistical buttock dribbler. spinning up his own
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    walks into Europe telling them how its gonna be.........comes home tail between his legs with the elected president a sworn enemy .

what a way to ensure that GREAT BRITAIN sits in the seat of favour.

egotistical buttock dribbler. spinning up his own

He's never struck me as particularly gifted in either long-term vision or having a clear idea of what he wants, being merely guided by the wants of which ever person or group that so happens to catch his ear.

Mind, I prefer him to many of the back benches.
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a separate conversation Pawel Gras, the Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk's media spokesperson reveals that Mr Cameron was given a dressing down over attacks on Polish immigrants claiming benefits.

That should be on YouTube
  • Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only people that believed Dave had any hope were probably the people who would vote Tory regardless.

Dave if dead in the water but the alternatives don't give me much hope.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All froth, no coffee.
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter what David Cameron says in Europe. The end game for the EU has always been a United States of Europe and it seems after a few years of pausing due to the Euro Crisis, the road to a federal Europe is on the move again. Renegotiation will not achieve any major powers back, if they won't cave on this then they definitely won't cave on more substantial talks.

The UK seems to be the only (or main) Nation who's stopping everyone else from going ahead with their little plan. With recent Rumors of Nick Clegg (and Ed Miliband??) coming round to the idea of an EU Referendum, it seems the politicians are now running out of time to keep delaying the vote on the matter.

You can almost see the political class all falling into line over the subject. I'm starting to think a UK exit with a trade deal would be the best solution for both sides. The EU can continue it's plan for 1 big nation, while the UK is free to make it's own way in the World. Although, I'd imagine other nations may follow suit if we do leave.
  • RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather that he tried and failed then didn't bother at all and just accepted the status quo like some folk. Maybe he should have done it a bit quieter though.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's slowly dawning on everyone that the EU is bad for Britain.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's slowly dawning on everyone that the EU is bad for Britain.

So all this talk of "renegotiation" from Cameron, "need for reform" from Clegg will never happen.

The EU is proving itself to be its own worse enemy by not listening to the people. Many of whom are now highly sick and tired of rules, regulation, unlimited immigration and unaudited accounts whilst holding out the begging bowl each year for even more money to finance the "project".

The EU is going to implode eventually and hopefully we will be out of it before that happens.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think a UK exit with a trade deal would be the best solution for both sides. The EU can continue it's plan for 1 big nation, while the UK is free to make it's own way in the World. Although, I'd imagine other nations may follow suit if we do leave.

It'll be an interesting development if Junker does become the EU Commission President. It's a game-changer for the UK's political scene with ten months until the election. I'd expect UKIP to gain from this and Labour will be really scurrying around trying to convince its supporters not to defect.

If Labour and the Lib Dems do eventually offer an in/out referendum then, depending on the detail, it's all to play for. I don't think there's an appetite amongst UK citizens for a US of E (or even within most of the EU). If this does set the ball rolling for a UK exit in the future then yes, there will be other nations that will follow suit. I don't think their governments will decide; it'll be pressure from the people.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »
    The EU is proving itself to be its own worse enemy by not listening to the people.

This has been UKIP's argument all along. Nigel Farage has repeated that the longer governments refuse to listen or act on the will of the people the more chance there is that they'll revolt. He cites the downfall of the USSR as a precedent.

Slowly more and more people will realise that this whole EU project/experiment is unworkable and has become an unrealistic dream that its politicians seem brainwashed into believing.

Wheter it takes five years or ten, it will definitely implode.