Options

EE Christmas Twist

LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
Forum Member
Does anyone else think that there will be another murder at Christmas, either on Christmas Day or the victim dies on Christmas Day after being attacked before?
DTC did say there would be a major twist at Christmas and the Lucy storyline NEEDS a big twist anyway, to keep the focus of the viewers til February. Also, with the talk that the plot would 'Change Walford Forever' I think it'll be a certain bald-headed grump who will die. That'll certainly be a big change for Walford, as he thinks he owns the place

Comments

• Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't kill off Phil Mitchell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    They wouldn't kill off Phil Mitchell.

I kind of agree, but they did say that this is going to change Walford forever. They also talked about a big 'power-shift' coming along, and that would certainly fit in with that, especially if one of Mick's family was instrumental in his death, given the way that Mick has urged Phil not to push him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could, of course, be spectacularly wrong, ha ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy story gets a big twist in November
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cybersq wrote: »
    Lucy story gets a big twist in November

Ah cool. I guess it'll need a big twist soon. Nice one :)
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    The only 'twist' I can think of is a BLOODY HAPPY XMAS! :D

NEVER been seen before!! (They should try it) ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ha ha ha, very true. That made me laugh, so maybe you should write their Christmas Scenes :D:D:D
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    LA2UK wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, very true. That made me laugh, so maybe you should write their Christmas Scenes :D:D:D

I'd love to , but trying to create a happy atmosphere amongst so many sad, depressed, angry and disturbed people would be a scriptwriters nightmare!!

Stick to murders and mayhem - it only happens at Christmas!! (In most soaps too, may I add - but EE tends to be the most depressing).
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xmas is always Hatch, match and dispatch......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early Bird wrote: »
    Xmas is always Hatch, match and dispatch......

:eek: lol, pretty much, yeah
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a minute... Lucy is dead?! :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    The killer strikes again... Maybe Abi or Jay will get murdered?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think that there will be another murder at Christmas, either on Christmas Day or the victim dies on Christmas Day after being attacked before?
    DTC did say there would be a major twist at Christmas and the Lucy storyline NEEDS a big twist anyway, to keep the focus of the viewers til February. Also, with the talk that the plot would 'Change Walford Forever' I think it'll be a certain bald-headed grump who will die. That'll certainly be a big change for Walford, as he thinks he owns the place

Dtc would be an absolute complete idiot to kill off phil mitchell and I could never see it happening, if he was to do this, I WOULD NEVER FORGIVE HIM, and he would be known as the worst producer in the history of EastEnders, there's a lot of new characters on EE these days, it's important characters like phil stay on the show... Anyway the Lucy twist is in the lead up to Christmas, however I don't want Christmas to evolve around the carters for the whole episode, we've had enough of these episodes already, difference is one was dreadful, one was OK...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Dtc would be an absolute complete idiot to kill off phil mitchell and I could never see it happening, if he was to do this, I WOULD NEVER FORGIVE HIM, and he would be known as the worst producer in the history of EastEnders, there's a lot of new characters on EE these days, it's important characters like phil stay on the show... Anyway the Lucy twist is in the lead up to Christmas, however I don't want Christmas to evolve around the carters for the whole episode, we've had enough of these episodes already, difference is one was dreadful, one was OK...
    Big characters have been despatched before now. What if Steve McFadden wanted to move on anyway? It wouldn't make DTC a 'complete idiot' to send him off with a big story-line! People might have said that killing Dirty Den off (the first time) was a foolish thing to do, but they still done it. I personally couldn't believe it when they killed Ronnie's daughter off and a lot of people couldn't believe that they were doing it, but they did, and people did 'forgive' them. Also, just look on these forums, there's quite a few people saying that Phil has had his day and that it's a bit corny that he always seems to be running the Square. I totally agree with you about the Carters. It would be predictable and dull if Christmas drama revolved around them. :p:p
  • Options
    lovinglifelovinglife Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Killing off Philth would be a smart-ass decision. It would get the nation talking about EastEnders again, also it would take the Carters away from the limelight at Christmas, as many have said. Philth also doesn't have many fans, either. This could also provide for a serial killer storyline.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The who killed Lucy should spice up again by then, but I don't want everything to be about Lucy, for the 30th EE should highlight a show that julia smith and tony holland created! They changed the way soaps were written and should be remembered for that! Instead the 30th looks like it's going to be all about Lucy and that's something else! I'm glad it will highlight the beales and nick cotton though! Whatever happens the 30th, Christmas and this autumn need to be massive if EE wanna win their audience back, dtc will be judged purely on the Lucy reveal, which is why it needs to seriously pull off, if it doesn't, he could easily be replaced... So we'll have to wait and see:P killing off phil mitchell would be a bad move though! Oh yes killing him off would get the nation talking again, but phil is the greatest EE character ever, king of the doof doofs, he could easily be in another storyline, killing him off would be lazy writing!
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The 2003 Christmas episodes must have bypassed you then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how about killing off phil & bringing back grant?
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    I actually don't think it should be a murder at Christmas.

I think it should be a return of somebody who could likely be the killer? Or a shocking arrest?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Lucy get murdered?

This is dragging on whay too long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Lucas Johnson returns from jail or the dead :D Bible bashing residents to death lol
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovinglife wrote: »
    Killing off Philth would be a smart-ass decision. It would get the nation talking about EastEnders again, also it would take the Carters away from the limelight at Christmas, as many have said. Philth also doesn't have many fans, either. This could also provide for a serial killer storyline.

Super Phil has many fans and I'm one of them. He remains one of the most compelling characters on the square and I don't believe he will be killed off any time soon.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well technically they have. The year Kat and Alfie got married was a happy episode with no deaths or anything. :D
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Well technically they have. The year Kat and Alfie got married was a happy episode with no deaths or anything. :D

And even they there was the hiccup with the fake vicar and Alfie already being married :D
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to do with the bloody Carters, Shirley revealing she's Sharon's mother.