Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole ad is stupid, I don't get what they are trying to say with it at all.

It's almost like they're going for a strong independent woman sort of vibe, and actively trying to alienate 50% of the market, but even that ends up getting lost in all the bs.

I thought the message was just about tailoring your holiday to get exactly what you want put of it.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way she pronounces YOG(H)URT like Catherine Tate in the posh mother sketches.

I'm having a cinnamon and gooseberry yogurt. Would like a cinnamon and gooseberry yogurt. Yes, I know it's her US accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    What about when he takes a piss??
    Doesn't he also say he has a son or some sort of other kid? How did that happen?

Actually, I might not want to know.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    I thought the message was just about tailoring your holiday to get exactly what you want put of it.

Why, is there a little checkbox that says 'would you like your other half removed from this holiday' when you book? Does Brian get his say? I'd like to see an ad where Brian is throwing a party at home because he got rid of the wappy cow :p
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    The girl on the Belvita biscuits ad makes me want to reach into the screen and punch her lights out.>:(
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,226
    Forum Member

Oh and also the youghurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger she is so annoying the one's where she gets the yoghurt on her nose and just laughs it's solo annoying and that shampoo advert where she just starts screaming. She's in too many adverts just get off her TV.

Those adverts really wind me up.

>:(>:(
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Actually, in the original full-length version of the ad (I'm guessing this was only ever shown in the US, because I've never seen the middle section of the ad when it's been shown here in the UK), the 'people turning into skittles' thing is referenced:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxItH0I6xmQ

:o
    That is kinda twisted.

Though I can tell hubby next time he moans about it that the man didn't actually dress himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also that one where some old dog dances with her pet.

It's creepy.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Actually, in the original full-length version of the ad (I'm guessing this was only ever shown in the US, because I've never seen the middle section of the ad when it's been shown here in the UK), the 'people turning into skittles' thing is referenced:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxItH0I6xmQ

:o

They did the 'when you can't hold your baby for the first time' and 'did you dress yourself this morning' lines on the UK one too, I can't remember the line about shaking a mans hand on the bus though, but that could have been in too. They started showing this ad again recently, but those bits are cut.

Edit: I think this guy should be a character on the show Misfits :D
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Puma advert with Usain Bolt.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    jjruss wrote: »
    "Conversation" the bl**dy vanish advert! please do one and do what you say on the box! and just Vanish>:(

I hate that advert too, who would share Vanish "tips" on Facebook? :o:confused: All the "tips" are the same anyway, rub a bit of the stain remover on. leave for 30s, scrub and rinse.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Lenor ad.
    F*ck, another stupid little girly voiced acoustic song.
    When will it end?
    >:(>:(>:(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    The girl on the Belvita biscuits ad makes me want to reach into the screen and punch her lights out.>:(
    Just witnessed that abomination. CHRIST!!!!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oh and also the youghurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger she is so annoying the one's where she gets the yoghurt on her nose and just laughs it's solo annoying and that shampoo advert where she just starts screaming. She's in too many adverts just get off her TV.
    They should have a bit of shampoo on her nose. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oak furniture land - gold for the price of silver arrggggghhh
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Knock on Wood" arggggggggggggggh
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but that car advert where they're all singing that Bruno Mars song! :mad:
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but that car advert where they're all singing that Bruno Mars song! :mad:

Ha ha, that is annoying. Possibly because it reminds me of my own tuneless singing to that song when I'm driving :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »

What this poster said. Awful binmen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Why, is there a little checkbox that says 'would you like your other half removed from this holiday' when you book? Does Brian get his say? I'd like to see an ad where Brian is throwing a party at home because he got rid of the wappy cow :p

Brian is clearly a gloomy guts who won't let her dance like a maniac and huffs when she goes horse riding or eats massive prawns! I think Brian is the one with a problem tbh, she's better off without him :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    "Knock on Wood" arggggggggggggggh

I KNOW >:(>:(
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im with you on that one. I quickly turn over when it comes on.
  • jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    I KNOW >:(>:(
    Knock on his b**od* head,and take the oooo arr kid with him. Please :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    Ha ha, that is annoying. Possibly because it reminds me of my own tuneless singing to that song when I'm driving :o

:D lol I'm sure it's not as bad as theirs! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What this poster said. Awful binmen.

Binmen? :D
This discussion has been closed.