Facebook has said my account has been Hacked

SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
Forum Member
Hi,
wonder if anyone can help went to log into Facebook and got this message "your account may have been Hacked" and could not get on and they were looking me to log in using the computer i had set the account up with which was the one i was using. (but have had it cleaned from i set the account up).

They were also looking me to scan something to them so they could verify my idenity.
Have asked aroung my friends and no-one has ever heard of this. Not long on FB and would appericate and help.

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had someone in america try and hack mine but facebook stopped it i have no idea if they got my password or they were just trying to access my account it was very weird.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, was this sent to you in an e-mail? Secondly, are you sure you're entering your details into facebook.com (make sure that's the URL, type it in just to make sure) and not another website that looks similar?
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Firstly, was this sent to you in an e-mail? Secondly, are you sure you're entering your details into facebook.com (make sure that's the URL, type it in just to make sure) and not another website that looks similar?

When i went to log in it wouldn't let me and that message came up,so went to my e-mails and there was one from facebook looking me to use the computer i set the account up with (which i was using) and than looking me to scan identification.
    And i have the FB site in my favourites. In fact i'm allways logged in as only i use this laptop. So that what made it strange when i didn't go straight into my account
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    It might be a scam email. I get a fair few off "Paypal".

Change your email address and see if the emails still get sent to your old email.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    delete your account
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    went to log into Facebook and got this message "your account may have been Hacked" and could not get on
    It would be helpful to see the exact message, quoted verbatim.
    They were also looking me to scan something to them so they could verify my idenity.

Have asked aroung my friends and no-one has ever heard of this.
    Facebook do, under certain circumstances, ask people to scan and upload ID, so it could be genuine, but I'd want to be absolutely sure before doing so.
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    ianx wrote: »
    It would be helpful to see the exact message, quoted verbatim.

Exact message was "Someone may have accessed your account" then when i clicked it took me through to the help screen to "Hacked Accounts"
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    My daughter's facebook was hacked earlier this week. She went on to her profile and noticed her password had been changed five minutes previously so she changed it to something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    It's a scam mail in the sense that Facebook is enforcing it's 'you must use your real name' policy, because it's hard to sell personal details of pseudonyms.
    Facebook is, in and of itself, the scam.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people use that stupid site called Facebook, its as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.