Clara & Rose In The 50th Episode

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    I think it's very unlikely that they will meet. I don't think the character of Rose will have anything other than a small cameo in the story. The impression I get, backed up by a lot of the on-location reports and photos we've seen, is that Smith and Tennant get a lot of time together, but Piper doesn't seem to be there.

My suspicion is that initially, Piper was planned to be in the story-line alongside Chris Eccleston's doctor, and we know that the 9th Doctor wasn't going to have any more than a cameo.

Would I like Clara and Rose to meet? Not particularly. I don't consider Clara to be a particularly compelling character. If it was, say, Amy and Rose, as much as I disliked Amy's character, then I'd say yes - sparks would fly.

Don't see why sparks would fly with Amy and Rory. Even at a time when Amy still had a crush on the Doctor in series 5 she was totally fine with River despite thinking that River had some kind of romantic relationship with the Doctor. Also, in the extra scene for the episode when the TARDIS showed her lots of the Doctor's previous female companions all she did was laugh and make fun of the Doctor. Also, I'd say that by series 7A at least it was established that Rory is finally a bigger part of Amy's life than the Doctor.

If it is series 2 Rose then sparks are likely to fly from her side no matter who the other companion is (if School Reunion is anything to go on). God, that makes me kind of hope that it's post series 4 Rose even if I'd prefer if the walls between the universes that are meant to be closed forever actually stayed closed forever.
  • MediaMattersMediaMatters Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    :) Seriously though, I like to think if you put all the Doctor's friends in the one room to meet & interact from way back with Ian and Barbara up to and including Clara Oswald, they'd all get on famously well after initially sizing up each other.

I think they all exhibit certain similar characteristics to be able to travel in the Tardis: courage, ingenuity, intelligence, fearlessness... The Doctor doesn't suffer fools! ;)

It's also quite possible that having inhabited the Doctor's entire timeline, Clara is well aware of his past companions (depending upon her own memory of what she did then).

I'm going to miss Matt :cry:, but I suppose that from a story-telling point of view once Eleven reached Trenzalore the writers had nowhere left to go but regenerate into #12 & maybe the 50th is a good junction to begin a new chapter. I think Eleven's own life-span signaled the end with the passing of Amy & Rory since they had been with him since the start.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor has broken a lot of hearts in his trels across time and space. With 10s ex wife Elizabeth the 1st appearing we have the full set. One blonde , one brunette and one red head !.