EE Kestrel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
Forum Member
✭✭
has anyone got 1 of these phones.
they are so cheap and 4g

im so tempted to get 1 of theses phones but my sim is virgin sim so are they easy to unlock.

im torn between this phone and the htc desire 310

the htc desire 310 is £80 on tesco direct plus being a new member i might be able to get another £10 off

all i want from my phone is a good processor .
the htc 310 looks decent for that price.

any thoughts

Comments

• ash45ash45 Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    kcspurs wrote: »
    has anyone got 1 of these phones.
    they are so cheap and 4g

im so tempted to get 1 of theses phones but my sim is virgin sim so are they easy to unlock.

im torn between this phone and the htc desire 310

the htc desire 310 is £80 on tesco direct plus being a new member i might be able to get another £10 off

all i want from my phone is a good processor .
    the htc 310 looks decent for that price.

any thoughts

its quite cheap to unlock see here, i messaged him a few week ago to double make sure he could unlock this phone as i nearly bought one my self and he said he could do it no problem,

id defo go for the kestrel over the HTC as you get a fair bit more fo not too much more money see here for a side to side comparison (the kestrel is just a re branded HUAWEI ASCEND G6 4G couldnt find the kestrel directly but seen as its identicle bar a few EE logos i put the HUAWEI in)

Ash
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin uses the EE network, so try the sim. It could work anyway.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've been given these as work phones....very decent. Just wish we could lock them to 2G!!
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee18xx wrote: »
    We've been given these as work phones....very decent. Just wish we could lock them to 2G!!

You need an LTE settings app that accesses the network mode and select 2g only in that.

EDIT

something like this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snclabs.radioswitcher&hl=en_GB
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brill will take a look. We only really use them for voice calls and text....why they gave us them I'll never know. We have 75 lines so must have been a good price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just won this on ebay for £66 plus £6 p/p

if the phone is locked then ill use that link ash45
    thanks everyone