Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad the young lad won, I didn't like the other one.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes im glad the young lad won too.The other chap had a certain arrogance about him which made me not like him from the early rounds.Didnt find ms Klass as awful as i thought i would
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the final as the one I wanted to win didn't even get to the final. For me, I thought the last series was a bit lacking in something, I think it was because there wasn't really a break between that and the 30th Birhtday tournament. After seeing the likes of Connor and Jack do so well, it was a bit of a come down. Personally anyway.

I would think that they could have had the tournament round about now, and then finished before their summer break with the final of that. Oh well. Loved Myleene on there, she was so much better than some guests they get on. My heart sinks when I see Paul Zenon or Gloria Hunniford's name down to appear on the show.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that Micheala Strachan is lined up for a forthcoming week.
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I understand that Micheala Strachan is lined up for a forthcoming week.

Great! I like Michaela. :)

I enjoyed watching Myleene too, and she is gorgeous.

I like to see Paul Zenon and his amazing tricks. He also takes an active part in the game rather than just sitting there like a lemon and having the personality of a brick, like Margaret Mountford or Ranulph Feinnes, who was just weird! :eek:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out Rachel today! Awesome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, very hot. Not very enthralled by Penny either, but I find I'm in the minority when it comes to not liking Penny.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Check out Rachel today! Awesome.

Rachel does absolutely nothing for me.

I really wish she would, but no, she won't. :D
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is today's episode a repeat? They're using the old digital displays and the guest today is Dave Spikey when it should be Penny Smith this week. :confused:
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    We were expecting two new contestants today but instead It was a one-off special with two previous contestants (now romantically linked) returning to play each other. Dave Spikey not Penny Smith was in Dictionary Corner.

The credits at the end showed it was recorded in 2012 and we wondered whether it was shown before. I certainly don't remember it, we don't miss many but my memory is not that brilliant.

My wife and I put forward a few ideas as to what had happened and we will wait to see whether tomorrow's edition mentions one of the two contestants having won a previous contest today i.e. a missing episode.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Ryan , the lad with ginger hair has been on just about every quiz going! He was on The Chase last year.
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The geeks on the C4Countdown site seem to know about this show although they didn't know it was going out today. It seems it was not a repeat but part of an occasional series of specials. I imagine normal service resumes tomorrow.
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now this is really strange. I missed the live broadcast, so as I have Virgin cable on demand, i decided to watch it on that. The program came up and played quite naturally with two new contestants and Penny Smith in DC.
    The contest was won on the crucial conundrum.

I didn't know about the old prog being broadcast till I signed on to DS.

:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Checked on my TiVo and V+ boxes, neither has an episode from today on there. So either you made a mistake with the episode you saw, or they realised their error and took it down. I'm betting it was a cockup on VOD, not you.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    Now this is really strange. I missed the live broadcast, so as I have Virgin cable on demand, i decided to watch it on that. The program came up and played quite naturally with two new contestants and Penny Smith in DC.
    The contest was won on the crucial conundrum.

I didn't know about the old prog being broadcast till I signed on to DS.

:confused::confused:

Yeah, thanks for spoiling that for when it is shown. :rolleyes:
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, thanks for spoiling that for when it is shown. :rolleyes:

I didn't tell you who won.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    Rachel does absolutely nothing for me.

I really wish she would, but no, she won't. :D

Can I just ask you to confirm that you are actually dead from the waist down?
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask you to confirm that you are actually dead from the waist down?

I wish I was when she is on, so I could concentrate on the game. But no, I am transfixed, a sad old man. I will continue to hope that she one day will come and do something for me. :D
    Forum Member
    After watching yesterdays edition (Weds), it is apparent that the male contestant had won the contest originally intended for transmission on Tuesday.

It might be in bad taste to speculate too much about the reason Tuesday's was not shown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there are 2 reasons I can think of for Tuesday being scrapped:

1. The contestant that current champ beat was arrested for something that meant bosses didn't want to broadcast the episode
    2. The contestant beaten died after the episode was filmed and the family didn't want it shown.

Those are the only 2 reasons I can think of. Did tweet Rachel Riley about it but got no response.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    1. The contestant that current champ beat was arrested for something that meant bosses didn't want to broadcast the episode
    2. The contestant beaten died after the episode was filmed and the family didn't want it shown.
    Would have been awkward if he/she had won, in that case.
    Those are the only 2 reasons I can think of.

Or maybe someone accidentally taped over it with Top of the Pops or something.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't notice any discontinuity, only that I had seen the female contestant before...I'm oblivious to some things. Well I suppose the guests have been doing half weeks and stuff because of all the horse racing recently.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    I didn't notice any discontinuity, only that I had seen the female contestant before...I'm oblivious to some things. Well I suppose the guests have been doing half weeks and stuff because of all the horse racing recently.

The discontinuity was that the champion was on his second appearance (third overall counting one in 1987, but second of this week). We did not see his first appearance on Tuesday. We should have seen a show where there were two new contestants following Monday's octo-champ but we didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In today's game, mentioned a contestant called Mark who he had beaten, and today was his third game. So who knows why Tuesday was called off?
    Forum Member
    Ocado wrote: »
    Well there are 2 reasons I can think of for Tuesday being scrapped:

Those are the only 2 reasons I can think of. Did tweet Rachel Riley about it but got no response.

Exactly what I thought although I didn't like to say so. Also perhaps there was a technical fault / accidental erasure and yes indeed it was a Mark who was beaten on the day in question.
This discussion has been closed.