Comments

• Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,079
    Forum Member
    Why oh why can Ds not take a joke? :rolleyes:
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A joke, yes, but some of that stuff about the (previous) owners is downright defamatory.

Not all mind...:p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To some people it isn't funny, maybe if you were mentioned, you wouldn't find it so funny... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    To some people it isn't funny, maybe if you were mentioned, you wouldn't find it so funny... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give a donkeys, I KNOW that site takes the pee out of EVERYTHING, not exclusively DS
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't give a donkeys, I KNOW that site takes the pee out of EVERYTHING, not exclusively DS

Yes I know that but doesn't mean they can say offensive things like they did about the previous owners.
    Forum Member
    Yes I know that but doesn't mean they can say offensive things like they did about the previous owners.

I've nothing against James, but I immaturely chuckled at that :o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've nothing against James, but I immaturely chuckled at that :o:o:o

I can see where you are coming from (taking the piss generall out of DS), but when it becomes personal (singling individual members out) it isn't funny anymore!

Hell, I'm not a sadistic fool, and I found the DS article funny, but when out of all the millions of users, your name is the one that is taken the piss out of - it just isn't funny! It isn't as if what was posted was even remotely funny! It was incredibly harsh and of ill-manor.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member

It's still libel though mate, if it's not true and causes loss of money/reputation. I'm not entirely sure how far the exemption for satire stretches in those cases.
  • HyperstarHyperstar Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *bump*
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the point of bumping this thread if you were not going to add anything to it :confused:
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err..... one might ask you the same thing gerry d

Yes a joke is funny unless you are on the receiving end and Libel is, of course, still a consideration.
  • HyperstarHyperstar Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    What was the point of bumping this thread if you were not going to add anything to it :confused:

Who put this there:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Digital_Spy/Archive_1
    :eek:
    Forum Member
    Hyperstar: You're not really making a lot of sense. Some of the Wiki talk page is over two years old...
  • corsetcorset Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Hyperstar: You're not really making a lot of sense. Some of the Wiki talk page is over two years old...

I have to say your post doesn't make much sense either. What does the age of the wikipedia talk page have to do with anything? It's all a bit boring but I didn't know there was some kind of cut-off time limit about this sort of thing.
    Forum Member
    corset wrote: »
    I have to say your post doesn't make much sense either. What does the age of the wikipedia talk page have to do with anything? It's all a bit boring but I didn't know there was some kind of cut-off time limit about this sort of thing.

Well, pointing out its content to discuss current events is slightly flawed in that case. I don't really see why this was bumped with no additional thought-provoking content. There is a reason this thread slipped down the forum.