Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're nearly up to 7 million likes on Facebook, good for them :). They also gained quite a number of Twitter followers in the last two months, I forgot to record the exact number they had prior to the Neon Lights Tour, does anyone know?

I keep more of an eye on the Twitter count as I don't use Facebook & think it's gone up 300-400K. I'm sure they were already above 5 million before they went. I think it has gone up at the same rate it always has in the last year or so.

The 'like' count on Facebook is getting ridiculous, as much as i'd like to think so there is no way they have gained 2 million genuine page likes in the last few months. It's another nice looking stat for the next Columbia flyer though I suppose.
    4troy7 wrote: »
    G.R.L I think will possibly be compettion for the girls they are all really good singers (apart from the bald one) and they are even better dancers I've heard some of there other material and it's quite good as well .

They will only be competition for LM so long as LM continue to release poor singles & fail to fulfill their potential.
  • Options
    Linda83Linda83 Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also gained quite a number of Twitter followers in the last two months, I forgot to record the exact number they had prior to the Neon Lights Tour, does anyone know?

About 350,000 new followers since the start of the tour, judging by http://twittercounter.com/LittleMix
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I think G.R.L will be competition for 5H, their songs Vacation and Ugly Heart would have been perfect for 5H.

The fact that they're working with Dr Luke means they'll get radio support and with his sound/productions, they're more likely to have chart success.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like G.R.L they have very summery catchy songs and I always love a group who dances. They're not a patch on PCD who they were originally supposed to become, but they make a great group imo. They really are all strong dancers which is very admirable. I wish Little Mix worked a little more on that, Jesy is really good and the other girls can be but aren't consistent in it. Re: G.R.L being direct competition, I think both groups could go-exist quite nicely, they're more competition to 5th Harmony as both groups are quite similar and I guess out of the current UK groups they are more similar to The Saturdays imo. But like I always say the more girl groups the better, they'll only push each other to work harder and not get lazy.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    wait is G.R.L the girl group that were to replace the pussycat dolls
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this?

UK! The girls are performing at Twickenham Stadium for #TheStinger on 19 April! Get your tickets here: ticketmaster.co.uk/wasps Mixers HQ x
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this?

UK! The girls are performing at Twickenham Stadium for #TheStinger on 19 April! Get your tickets here: ticketmaster.co.uk/wasps Mixers HQ x
    London Wasps are returning to Twickenham on Saturday, April 19, 2014 for the St George’s Day Game.

Wasps will face Gloucester in the game and this year the match will come under a new banner with new imagery to mark the occasion in the form of The Stinger.

Having attracted over 100,000 fans across two years in previous seasons, the Club are looking forward to bringing another bumper crowd to the home of English rugby next year on Easter Saturday.

The Stinger promises to be much more than just a game of rugby with a packed day of entertainment planned. It will be a day designed to bring together all ages to mark the special event with a diverse range of entertainment on and off the pitch. With tickets starting from only £10 this really is a day not to be missed.

There’s a fantastic range of prices available across Twickenham for this exciting fixture with family tickets from £35 and general seats from £10.

That is what it is. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I was questioning how GRL's handlers were planning to launch them until they got the Pitbull guest spot. His last was a #1, that song is heading into the top 20 with a big bullet, and they were on the Tonight Show last night. (He's about to launch Austin Mahone too, after like a year of trying by the label.) Their first few lives were pretty ragged but they sound good now. I still think them missing a Nicole-level singer may be an issue. They don't have the same story or appeal to younger fans as 5H or LM. It's interesting - the British folks on PJ tend to find GRL interesting and LM kind of plain/standard, while I spent a bunch of time living in SoCal and for me it's just the reverse. I've yet to hear anything that gets me excited.

Move gained +20 spins on US radio, but the guy who posts neatly formatted stuff didn't today and I can't be bothered. About to be knocked back by 3 other songs (!) but should just cling to the top 40.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brits seem to be very receptive to the Girl Group genre. I have to admit this influx now is making them all turn to white noise for me.

I'm also noticing, and maybe this is for any group, that there is a barrier the group has to survive between the second and third year. If that can be passed then the group will go on.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM need to hurry up and announce their single. I'm thinking it might be NFLY and not Salute, which I'm fine with. Actually, going into summer, I'd almost prefer it.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    TalentTalks (video agency) are asking for LOADS of girls aged 18-30 for 7th April (this Monday) for a London based video shoot for Little Mix

Looks like it'll be Salute video
    thought I'd let y'all know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    TalentTalks (video agency) are asking for LOADS of girls aged 18-30 for 7th April (this Monday) for a London based video shoot for Little Mix

Thanks for this. Okay, as long as they go big, I'm in. Otherwise, go home.

I wonder what the single mix of the song will sound like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in a warehouse?
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Is it in a warehouse?

Doesn't say location yet!!
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just worry this is going to look like Beyonce`s `Run The World` video.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice it says 18-30 year olds so its not one of their younger songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us all pray there will be some shots of them in the open air streets. If they're going to borrow from any Beyonce video, I hope they'll use Superpower as inspiration - the gritty, urban look to it with all those (presumably) freedom fighter types hanging around was pretty sweet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think it'll differ from Run the World by being more about the group coming together, set in the present day, and hopefully a bit lighthearted (while still being kinda badass). Really hope they manage to film some of it outside.

I'm glad they're going to try Salute, but I do hope they get a somewhat more mature relationship song single like NFLY (ideally with bigger hooks) out there at some point during album #3.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Perrie nan passed away today her stepsister posted it
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in a warehouse?

Never.

They'll have a desert island scenery. (my wish)

LMs lack of good visuals is frustrating though. Do they know what a MV can do for a song?
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in a warehouse?
    If they want an open air video, then they'll be trusting to luck with our weather!!;-):p
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully it's not an April fool. Remember the date today, is I won't get excited as yet...
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently not April fool, thank God, found the link..

http://www.talenttalks.co.uk/audition/4616/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wish they would film abroad at some point. All that time in the US and not even an official music video to show for it
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Correction - Not loads of girls - only 30^_^
    So I suppose it might not be Salute...?
This discussion has been closed.