Options

24 - Season 5 - Sky One Pace - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Hendersons pandoras box? In the first five minutes of episode 12 (latest one), there is a very telling reaction to a certain persons name, you have to watch carefully though.
  • Options
    freak_girlfreak_girl Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so jack mentions someones name to henderson in the first 5 mins and he reacts to it, hmm wil have to watch the first 5 mins again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, someone mentions someones name to someone and there is a very telling reaction. First five mins (three mins if you don't count the titles). If you spot it, make sure not to post it but it's interesting.
  • Options
    freak_girlfreak_girl Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh i get you, well there's still a lot of questions left to be answered like what does henderson know, what is it that tony needs to tell jack and who else knew that jack was alive?
  • Options
    squigglessquiggles Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Best. Show. On. TV.
    Wow. What an incredibly powerful, brilliant, tragic moment/scene. (for which they didn't quite allow enough time for me to think about - and see coming!) :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they killed off Edgar... the housewive's favourite!

Just kidding. I'm sure everyone loved Edgar, it was hard not to. Incredibly well written and produced scene.

R.I.P Edgar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One other thing is that at the end of that episode, no music came on which made it even more sad/thrilling, as they normally have the clock noise.
    Very, very well written piece and very well acted by Chloe :)

Salt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode, one of the best 24 episodes ever and just proves why it is the best show on TV.

Still don't see how they're going to get out of this one though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,815
    Forum Member
    reggiebabe wrote:
    Brilliant episode, one of the best 24 episodes ever and just proves why it is the best show on TV.

Still don't see how they're going to get out of this one though!
    Jack Bauer's not dead, they'll get out of it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Possibly a little unrealistic, but he's signed on for another three seasons, so that'll always be the case. I just hope they turn him into a bad guy in the future. Jack v CTU would be interesting, especially if they brought Chase back to work at CTU against him.

Otherwise, as Praxidike said, as long as Jack's not dead, it'll always be ok!
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nawdrum wrote:
    ...Otherwise, as Praxidike said, as long as Jack's not dead, it'll always be ok!
    It's OK even when he is dead!

K
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Hmm.
    While I absolutely LOVE 24 (been with it from the start and never missed an episode), I wondered about Linn's keycard, which his sister had stolen and then was used to access CTU.
    With Linn in holding, would not his clearance have been automatically revoked, and then if the card used that should have set off alarm bells?
    Incidentally, it's really bugging me that the terrorists keep taking off the digital readouts from the timers from the cannisters so that no-one knows how long they have left before they activate. Come on, guys --- be fair! : )
    TH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The terroists take off the digital readouts so they know how long THEY have got to get out of the area, they dont do it out of spite.

Salt
  • Options
    JingoJingo Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote:
    Hmm.
    While I absolutely LOVE 24 (been with it from the start and never missed an episode), I wondered about Linn's keycard, which his sister had stolen and then was used to access CTU.
    With Linn in holding, would not his clearance have been automatically revoked, and then if the card used that should have set off alarm bells?
    Incidentally, it's really bugging me that the terrorists keep taking off the digital readouts from the timers from the cannisters so that no-one knows how long they have left before they activate. Come on, guys --- be fair! : )
    TH

This bugged me too in that how did Linn get back into the building without his keycard? Is he allowed to just walk in and out? Considering the number of security problems they've had in the past I doubt so, but there again, it is only just a telly programme.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trollheart wrote:
    ...Incidentally, it's really bugging me that the terrorists keep taking off the digital readouts from the timers from the cannisters so that no-one knows how long they have left before they activate. Come on, guys --- be fair! : )
    TH
    Of course, the real problem is that the ad breaks don't line up in the same way as the US, so you can't use the lounge clock...

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, someone mentions someones name to someone and there is a very telling reaction. First five mins (three mins if you don't count the titles). If you spot it, make sure not to post it but it's interesting.

I downloaded the recent episode to see this bit, how far in? Or even better put it in spoilers as im really curious to see this tell-tale sign. I have an idea but not sure.

Thanks,

Salt
  • Options
    arteroartero Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course with Carrie & Edgar dead, perhaps Kim could be encouraged to stay on for the rest of the day? She did used to work there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God I hope not. Like someone said before, she's done well to last an hour without getting kidnapped! It's a shame Chase isn't with her. I liked his character, and I have this major thing about seeing him with CTU against a rogue Jack, no idea why!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nawdrum wrote:
    God I hope not. Like someone said before, she's done well to last an hour without getting kidnapped! It's a shame Chase isn't with her. I liked his character, and I have this major thing about seeing him with CTU against a rogue Jack, no idea why!
    It would be good to see a rogue Jack (but only in the final series), but Chase wouldn't be good as his enemy, just isn't strong enough to go against Jack. Maybe someone more like Stephen Saunders would be better (the villain from Series 3). He was a good baddie, the best in 24 I think, apart from Nina obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me the character that reacts to somebody's name as I would really like to see that bit.

thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salt wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the character that reacts to somebody's name as I would really like to see that bit.

thanks!
    I think it might've been Kim, with the way she was mentioned a few times in the episode, and magically she's also turned up, what an amazing coincidence!

But I didn't pick up on the reaction that someone mentioned earlier so not sure if I'm right about which character it is.
    Maybe Tony?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, only look at this spoiler and it's a further hint if you want a clue as to someone who is behind it, I'm not spoiling anything from future episodes because this episode has been shown in the UK and was picked up on when it first aired in the US.

This doesn't spoiler anything, but just expands on the point I made about a telling reaction in the latest sky one episode. If you watch carefully enough, you'll get the pandoras box comment.
    First five minutes (and since two minutes of that five is the flashbacks..) of Episode 12. The reaction doesn't take place in CTU. The words "Christopher Henderson" gets a telling reaction from a certain member, and they look uneasy right to the end of the scene.

It was picked up on by someone back when episode 12 was first aired, can't say much more than that.
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Hmm again.
    Okay, maybe they do take them off so that they know how long they have to get out of the building. But I also think it's to confuse CTU, so that THEY don't know how long they have to stop the countdown/evacuate the building. Anyone else agree?
    Also, it's probably as well that Edgar's gone/going now. I think he would have nursed the guilt about having sent whatshername down to check out the ventilation unit, and getting her killed.
    Pity tho: he started as a fairly minor character, but grew to mean a lot more, both to the storyline (who can forget his poor mother?) and to us.
    TH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trollheart wrote:
    Hmm again.
    Okay, maybe they do take them off so that they know how long they have to get out of the building. But I also think it's to confuse CTU, so that THEY don't know how long they have to stop the countdown/evacuate the building. Anyone else agree?
    Also, it's probably as well that Edgar's gone/going now. I think he would have nursed the guilt about having sent whatshername down to check out the ventilation unit, and getting her killed.
    Pity tho: he started as a fairly minor character, but grew to mean a lot more, both to the storyline (who can forget his poor mother?) and to us.
    TH

Yes that is obviously true about the timer and CTU, but i'd have to say, if I was planting some nerve gas in a government building, i'd want to know how long i've got to attempt to leave! :D

Also, yes I honestly thought about that, Edgar feeling guilty. You could tell he would as he called after Carrie when she went off in a huff. You could see he was worried/concerned about her! :)

Salt
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trollheart wrote:
    Hmm.
    If he's being kept safe in holding there would be no need.

There was a fair chance he'd be reinstated later on that day. He's not committed a crime or anything. Even if CTU were left to someone else, I imagine McGill would have kept his normal job in Division and so would keep his clearance.

Recall also that the card was no longer registered to McGill because the terrorist hacked it. As he said at the time, the tricky bit was changing who the card was registered to without losing its access level.