Sky Sagecom Router Problems - 3 Times Unlucky

AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello all.

Since Sky upgraded me onto their new N-wireless Sagecom Router last year I've had nothing but problems.

I had about 8 years of no issues with the old white netgear kit but I'm now on Sagecom router number 3!

First one had an electrical fault and the plastic power cover exploded. That was nice

Second one constantly overheated to the point it would constantly switch off and became so hot you could only touch it with oven gloves!

Now the 3rd one is doing the same and overheating.

I've had an electrician check everything and we had a full rewire last year so I know it's not that.

Anyone else had the issue? Spoke to Sky and said I was wary of having a 4th Sagecom box in the house and enquired about the possibility of as a gesture of goodwill getting a Sky Hub instead.

I was told yes...£69 please as its an upgrade. Yet new customers get this for free. I didn't think I was being unreasonable, Sky aren't exactly providing the service

I'm really wary of having another router of that model in the house, either I'm getting a seriously bad batch or Sky have a problem they aren't admitting

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    complain to the executive support team (jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com) and they'll send you a free SR101.
    make it polite and sensible though, don't go ranting at them.

i did it last week and received the SR101 3 days later.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    complain to the executive support team (jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com) and they'll send you a free SR101.
    make it polite and sensible though, don't go ranting at them.

i did it last week and received the SR101 3 days later.

Thank you, I'll try that.