Options

Just lost everything except BBC SD mux on Hannington

alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was watching Star Trek 2 on Film4+1 a few minutes agoo - then lost signal.

Anyone else in Hannignton lost most muxes on Freeview?

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the diagnostics on my telly all seven muxes coming through loud and proud.

First thing to check would be your aerial system. Plus if the aerial feed to the telly goes via a PVR make sure it isn't in low power standby mode as that will kill the passthrough to the TV.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell:

Whatever you do, do not retune.

If you have lost the signal for some reason, all that will do is delete the channels from your TV or box and you will have no idea when you have got them back.

Check all yor aerial plugs for the first attempt at getting them back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rescanned the telly, only PSB1 available. Reported to my landlord...
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    rescanned the telly, only PSB1 available. Reported to my landlord...

You should only have done that once you had eliminated every other possible cause. ie had established that all seven muxes are present and correct on the aerial cable into the back of the telly.

If the aerial system is faulty then you fix that first and then rescan only if necessary. The problem with rescanning while the aerial system is faulty is that you have no idea if it has been fixed or not, except by continually rescanning on the off chance it is working again.

If you don't rescan the TV retains all the tuning information in memory so you only have to flick to a "missing" channel occasionally and see if it has come back or not.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    rescanned the telly
    Exactly what you were advised not to do in the previous post :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    left my PVR alone - was a useful measure to see what WAS going on though (I have a freesat box as well)

Also helped as I could see that PSB A was coming in - so suspect the 4G filter was fried ont eh headend - cos it looked like a notch job...