Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I know ratings aren't everything but I hope it does decent enough to continue in this slot for however long the show runs for.

It moves to the earlier timeslot of 9PM next week, and presumably for the rest of it's run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am enjoying it. It doesn't seem slow, good performances all round. I also like the soundtrack. Looking forward to seeing how things develop next week.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I realy enjoyed that, will definitely be back

Friend or foe....Too early for me to decide.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's too soon to tell.

I want to find out why he punched his friend to death.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's me hooked and i'm very happy! I think the show is superb and Claire Danes is a revelation! I can understand why it's become such a talking point, i will definetely be watching until the end and glad to know it's been renewed for a 2nd season.
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with MrSuper. C4 have the best drama that has been on tv for a while and they employ an infant to cut into the ad breaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is on the fence should stick with it. RTE have been showing it for a few weeks with us now and it is becoming really rather good now that things are all coming together.
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I am watching this on +1.................................For fans of Firefly like me........................WOW!!!!!!!!

Okay had my schoolboy moment, lol. Will go back to watching it seriously :-)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Obviously after watching that you'd lean heavily towards foe. But I'm not convinced yet.

Superb first episode, I'm hooked already.
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    We know that. But Downton Abbey airs on ITV in the UK, which does have ads.

I didn't realize that ITV carried ads. Is ITV like a basic cable channel?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Great show. Knew it must have been good to beat Game of Thrones to the best TV show Emmy.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    I didn't realize that ITV carried ads. Is ITV like a basic cable channel?

Unfortunately for Brits, ITV is like CBS.:D They do non-stop police/detective procedural stuff, and they made Downton Abbey as an intended departure from their usual fare. Wish CBS would decide to break out of their rut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for Brits, ITV is like CBS.:D They do non-stop police/detective procedural stuff, and they made Downton Abbey as an intended departure from their usual fare. Wish CBS would decide to break out of their rut.

Tell me about it. :D I will admit though that I like Person of Interest. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Great show. Knew it must have been good to beat Game of Thrones to the best TV show Emmy.

It won a Golden Globe for Best TV Show and Best Actress for Claire Danes. Unfortunately, Kelsey Grammer beat out Damian Lewis for Best Actor. I don't think it got any Emmys yet though.
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed that, a lot!!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is the actress playing the wife..was she in V?
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Yip! And in The Mentalist. She is stunning! :o
    Morena Baccarin. She was in Firefly and then went on to be in V.

And don't forget Stargate SG-1, where she played Adria the Orici in season 10 plus the Ark of Truth DVD movie.

I think she's one of the most beautiful women on TV, although I much preferred her with long hair in Firefly/SG-1.

LOL. Plus all the endless chavumentaries and "talent" shows. Downton Abbey is very different from the usual programming on ITV...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It won a Golden Globe for Best TV Show and Best Actress for Claire Danes. Unfortunately, Kelsey Grammer beat out Damian Lewis for Best Actor. I don't think it got any Emmys yet though.

That's because it premiered after the Emmys. This season is eligible for this year's Emmys.

Anyway, I thought that was a great first episode with a fantastic internal performance from Damian Lewis. Looking forward the next one. :D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The series didn't start until October, and I think the Emmy Awards are held in September.

I'm sure it will be up for some in 2012, though, given the critical success it has had so far.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Good first episode and I will stick with it to see how it develops over the rest of the season.It seems like a slow burner of a show that takes its time!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was one of the surveillance guys used to be in that Canadian show Due South? He looked very familiar.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Was one of the surveillance guys used to be in that Canadian show Due South? He looked very familiar.

Yes, same actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adverts at the worst possible time each time. No wonder people ****ing download shows instead.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very promising start. Excellent cast (Claire Danes, Damian Lewis, Mandy Patinkin, David Harewood et al) and an intriguing premise.
This discussion has been closed.